It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would MTV not wanna play BSB videos on TRL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Fans vote like CRAZY by Mobile, Phone, and computer. But MTV Networks "TRL" in the USA still refuses to play their new videos "Crawling Back To You", "I Still", and "Just Want You To Know", they only let "Incomplete" get to number 8 to try and trick naive BSB fans(obviously younger or dumber than myself) to look like people hate them(all because me and other fans threathened to get the Networks and Press involved), to promote more depressing and opressing(I'm a woman, so you can see where I'm coming from.) They'll play B5(another R&B/Hip-hop group, Pretty Ricky, Omarion, and Chris Brown, who objectify women in their lyrics and videos.

They even lied to J-14 magazine about it making Brian's wife Leighanne look like a liar(for non-pop fans he's the blonde on the far right hugging AJ.), when she was telling the truth. Here's the site.

Is it because they're lyrics are more controversal or is it because the media has decided that only "HIP-HOP GROUPS" are "IN"? Or is it beacuse they're fanbase now includes the "nutter-nuts" of society, like me? Just tell me what you think, and yes, I know some of you already think this is stupid.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What the hell is is BSB??? Oh Backstreet boys (they suck) This should be in BTS music!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
What the hell is is BSB??? Oh Backstreet boys (they suck) This should be in BTS music!

There's your answer, maybe they're not being played because they indeed suck ?
then again MTV sucks too so I am surprised they aren't playing THIS sucky music. hmmm who knows, I personally would rather die via flesh-eating disease than watch MTV

Seriously tho, U may be right on the "more conroversial" type of music they may not want to put in rotation. MTV doesn't want people to "think", if u have seen Josie And The PussyCAts, that corrupt company is MTV in reality.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Originally posted by Atomix

There's your answer, maybe they're not being played because they indeed suck ?
then again MTV sucks too so I am surprised they aren't playing THIS sucky music. hmmm who knows, I personally would rather die via flesh-eating disease than watch MTV

Seriously tho, U may be right on the "more conroversial" type of music they may not want to put in rotation. MTV doesn't want people to "think", if u have seen Josie And The PussyCAts, that corrupt company is MTV in reality.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by ImJaded]

Hey, you don't have to like them. My point is, compared to Nelly, Christina, heck even Green Day, that BSB's songs, even their unreleased ones could put MTV into a media controversy and so they decided not to play them anymore. Even through in Europe, Africa, and Asia, they're STILL EXTREMELY POPULAR and played on TRL constantly. Does MTV seriously think people won't notice this? Even through the BSB does claim to be "Anti-NWO" realitivly speaking, they even tried to lie to me at the ohio concert back in april and the whole fanbase that they DON'T sing songs about that stuff, but THEY LISTEN TO KISS, ACDC, METELLIcA, JOURNEY, SADE, AND PRINCE. Was their management joking to them or what? 'Tell the fans this and bingo no CT to mess us up.'(note: "The CT" is what I've nicknamed myself on the fanboards, because there's only one of me there all the time if at all.)

BTW, I loved that movie Josie and The Pussycats and the whole marketing-mind control thing, way cool. Well, there's actually 2 sites about it.
www.geocities.com/ajbsb2005/conlyrics.htm and www.geocities.com/ajbsb2006/conlyrics2.htm. Also, my second fan site has like no BSB stuff on it at all and deals with laws, ecomonics, and politics more. Check them out, I don't know how to make viruses or anything, I failed programming 101.

[edit on 11/27/05 by bsbfan1]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You dont want BSB people

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
bsbfan, maybe U should write to MTV to express your concern about this, see what they have to say ? let em kow you're on to em

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yea it would be a good idea, seems that they dont fancy trying sumthing different

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its sad isnt it? I cant say that I like BSB, but I can say that flipping through the channels that MTV is ridiculous now.

All they play are stupid reality shows and "cool" black R&B and Rap artists, (nothing against them) but thats all MTV plays!!!:bnghd:

Thats why I watch VH1 Classic, but even they are going mainstream with classic current!!! WTF!! :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
MTV

Liquid Out...

[edit on 083030p://111 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, I have to websites that link to that site, and have bsb's controversials lyrics on it. Why not get a webmail here or something and do it. But then again, they might have turned off the "MTVNEWS-E-mail". And we just had a FAILED protest before thanksgiving, so I think I'll do it alone. BSB is already the "NEW Beatles", but they care too much about their fans(and maybe some of the profits from them) to break up. Heck, they just got back together and the whole freakin' world loves them, but MTV has now turned "hip-hop" into "brainwash music", so why not?

I think I might do it tomorrow. The world already seems to be "ending", so why not. What's funnier than me doing this is how I became a BSB fan, and their religious christians(most days anyway), but ironicly that's the sites that are against them. Here's the page

[edit on 11/28/05 by bsbfan1]

Thanks for your opinions, even if you DON'T agree with me on anything. Let me know what you think by posting or by U2Uing me. Thanks. BTW, I posted the whole NSA LOCATOR ARTICLE ON A BSB MESSAGE BOARD. I Plan to copy and paste on to a couple others. Because that violates the forth admendment. The goverment isn't allow to violate your privacy without "concrete proof", you broke a law. And most BSB fans know that's what I'm about so I'm gonna post it like crazy. Maybe they'll talk about something other than AJ's bread, and Kevin's haircut, and Nick Carter spending Christmas alone this year, because of his screwed up family.

new topics

top topics

join