It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PTS: What can we do to get you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

If all new posts from ATS, PTS and BTS could show up just by a click on (without switching from ATS to PTS or BTS) , more members would see interesting threads within PTS and add their opinons.

Hey Riwka, check out this handy little link. I use it all the time:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit:
to those who don´t click it to see what happens:
This link show recent posts on ATS, BTS and PTS
also ATSNN threads and submissions...

[edit on 2005/11/27 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
So, basically, we need more members. We can all agree on that?

How do you think we should go about to target ATS members to visit PTS?

Why should we even try?

Personally, I make little distinction between the three sections-- it irritates me that the 'New Posts' button only shows those on the section that I'm currently on, but that's why I only rarely use it. And when I do, I simply use the tabs at the top of the screen to switch to different sections and check their new posts. MyATS has links for boards from all three sections, so I can keep up with them from there.

It seems to me that anyone who chooses to exclusively frequent only one of the sections is already a lost cause. With as easy as it already is to check on all three sections, and as much easier as it will get if/when the New Posts button shows results from all three sections, anyone who still only stays in one section has obviously made their choice to do so, and are not going to be swayed by anything that PTS might have to offer.

If we really need more posters (as I believe we do), then the best source is going to be from outside the site. I came here because the board I previously frequented fell victim to an invasion of juvenile trolls combined with an admin policy of not actually reading the board, but simply responding to abuse reports. I personally think that these boards are too heavily moderated, and that there are too few limits on the actions of the moderators, but it's at least a marginal improvement over the last one, so, at least for the time being, I'm here. This forum offers features that I appreciate and posters that make it at least somewhat interesting. That's all a forum really can offer. There are lots of people out there posting on political message boards, and no doubt there are that many more who haven't yet discovered the charms of this particular addiction. There are far, far more potential posters elsewhere than there are on ATS, so I honestly don't see why there should be anything beyond a token effort to attract ATS posters here. Our reach needs to be much broader than that.

My advice would be to not worry about the ATS boards. Yeah-- PTS is sort of the ugly stepsister, but so what? Managed and promoted well, the appeal of PTS is potentially far broader than that of ATS could ever be. No offense meant to the ATS posters, but politics is a far more popular and significant subject than cryptozoology and UFOs and the like is or ever will be.

Uh oh-- I have the feeling I might get flamed for this one... I better post it now before I reconsider.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Move the War on Terrorism forum to PTS, for starters: build it, and they will come, well maybe the thinking should be more like: move it, and they will come?

WOT has become nothing but a political discussion platform and/or vehicle [ie: as well as being a major community dividing factor] and should be simply renamed or dubbed: political discussion on the War on Terrorism.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Cave you have the wrong end of the stick labels dont bother me because they are meaning less.
If you enjoy posting on PTS why not make it a better place?
I alone cant make the changes all I can do is make people think.....

[edit on 28-11-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Bullseye

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
The only way to significantly increase the participation at PTS would be to convince all of the members of this conspiracy discussion board that debating and discussing the pantomime politics of puppet governments actually has a point.

Either that or offer free beer at the door.

Posts like these are the reason I keep voting WCIP for WATS. If I still had an applause skittle, I would have used it here.

I agree that the fundamental problem PTS has is the fact that it is dedicated to the very thing most ATSers have grown weary of.

The Game Is On

I used to hang out on political boards all the time, and did so for years.

And then something changed. I don't remember when, but one day I realized that it was all a colossal waste of time, and that what I said on political discussion boards -- and spent thousands of hours of research and typing to do so -- amounted to absolutely nothing of consequence.

Sure, I learned some things, but what I ultimately learned was that pretty much everything that passes for politics in pretty much every nation on earth is just a dog and pony show staged for us, the “unwashed masses”.

Real governments are controlled behind the scenes, and don't have a damn thing to do with democracy or anything else other than the pursuit and maintenance of money and power.

All this debating and rancor is ultimately just so much prolefeed, and every government in existence is nothing more than the same thing: an elitist oligarchy used by the real rulers of the world like any other corporation uses trademarks and brands.

It's all nothing more than the same cynical “tastes great/less filling” debate satirized by the old Miller Lite commercials, and ultimately as irrelevant to how nations are governed.

Market Demographics

It's no secret that PTS was created in an attempt to get politics off ATS, because it had become a serious problem that was stifling legitimate non-political conspiracy theory discussions -- and still does, by the way, though it seems to have gotten a little better, at least.

The problem is that even the most partisan political parrot on ATS is still an ATSer, and is here for the same reason everyone else is: what ATS offers that no one else offers.

I came here to escape from politics, so why would I want to follow political discussion to another board, and separate from ATS at that?

The answer is that I have no reason to, which is why I don't hang out on PTS much.

Selling What No One Else Sells

Anyone who's been following my opinions regarding PTS knows that I am in agreement with Seekerof and several others that moving Political Conspiracies and the War on Terrorism forums to PTS would be a good idea.

That said, I can think of many good reasons why the admins would not want to do this, and respect that.

My perspective continues to be, however, that what will make PTS popular is the prospect of moving the board away from the puppet show arguments that characterize virtually all political discussion on the Internet, and for which there are already far too many forums.

Instead, we need to make PTS unique.

If we want PTS to succeed, we will make it the premier destination for the discussion and research of politics itself -- including the conspiracies behind the politics -- and in so doing offer what no other political discussion board can: the whole package, complete and unflinching.

Politics is the number one domain in which conspiracies are carried out, though by no means the only one.

By allowing PTS to claim its heritage as a true ATS sister board -- a board where politics can be approached from the unique ATS perspective -- no advertising will be needed, because the world will beat a path to its door.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong, there's a lot I don't know about running Internet forums and I'm not the poor guy who has to worry about the rather significant details involved in managing PTS, but I firmly believe that bringing conspiracies to PTS is the way to make it take off like a rocket.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join