It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Ex-Canadian Minister Of Defense Calls for Hearings About Relations With ETs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Paul Hellyer, former Canadian Defense Minister, is asking Canadian Parliament to hold hearings on relations with Extraterrestrial civilizations. Hellyer says UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head and is concerned about an intergalactic war.

news.yahoo.com
Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations

(PRWEB) - OTTAWA, CANADA (PRWEB) November 24, 2005 -- A former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister under Pierre Trudeau has joined forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold public hearings on Exopolitics -- relations with “ETs.”

By “ETs,” Mr. Hellyer and these organizations mean ethical, advanced extraterrestrial civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada’s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Below is a link to send parliament a letter requesting public "ET" Hearings. I think any Canadian interested in this subject should give it a try, you never know.
I wouldn't expect much from Parliament right now as an election date may be called on Monday.

Having a former Defense Minister stick his neck out like this is very exciting. I hope he gets the results he is looking for.

Related News Links:
www.prweb.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Former Defence Minister to Announce that UFO's are Real
Unbelievable: Former Canadian Minister Asks Parliament To Hold Hearings.. RE: Relations With Alien C
Send Your Letter To The Parliament Of Canada Requesting Public "ET" Hearings

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good find!

You need to fix the title category though, you need to make it like "(submission) (ats) Ex..." otherwise it won't go into the proper category when upgraded.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I watched the particular program wherein he made his comments. He seemed honest, to the point, and nary a giggle was heard.

I hope this will not be another case where we hear of another UFO researcher dying prematurely or, better put, another case of dying to know.

There seems to be a line of disclosure drawn in the sand, one that you do not cross because in crossing it you cross the agendas of others -- this, some contend, can be terminal. Others have experienced sudden heart attacks, sudden onset of fast acting cancers or an unfortunate car accident. The majority have commited suicide.

I wish him well and further say, "It's about time we learned the truth."

Spelling edit, it's a curse.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just an FYI, this has already been covered.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on 25-11-2005 at 02:49 AM Post Number: 1825094 (post id: 1846987)

Just wanted to let you know.

- One Man Short ®

(edit to add ® to avoid pending legal action.)

[edit on 25-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
One Man Short, It is allowed for same stories to be on ATSNN and ATS. Also the link you gave is the third time that subject has appeared on the UFO board. One was posted just yesterday.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

One Man Short, It is allowed for same stories to be on ATSNN and ATS.

I was not aware of this, sorry, just wanetd to let you know.

Also the link you gave is the third time that subject has appeared on the UFO board. One was posted just yesterday.

Since I have not posted any of these stories I can not control how many times they are posted, sorry.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can only hope that this is something "world changing".

I have been looking for something "revolutionary" to come along in my life time and I have not really seen it yet... Nothing like our grandparents have seen; world wars, world revolutions, a new understanding of our universe, ect.... I hope this opens the doors to something huge, like the world being told once and for all we are not alone.

I think that this right here is some of the news that 90% of the people who are on this forums have been looking for since we signed up. Lets hope that something is made of this, unstead of being swept under the carpet.

Though, I assume that if this is nothing in the end but hot air we will just keep the hope up that in our age we will see new revolutions, ways of thinking, and understanding of the universe around us.

... On a side note, is it just me or were you also told in school that technology is advancing at "expotential" rates? Well if you ask me we are at a stand still in "tech advances". Its been many many year since the conbustion engine was built and still there is no real replacement for it, the space program is still using the same meathods we used to put people in space they did 30 years ago, its been 30 years since man was on the moon, the space program is in trouble same with the spacestation... I feel we the people have had technologys held back buy the powers that be and I can only hope that investigations like this help open our eyes.... At least they could prove us conspiracy theorists wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
I think that this right here is some of the news that 90% of the people who are on this forums have been looking for since we signed up. Lets hope that something is made of this, unstead of being swept under the carpet.

I get the feeling that it will go ignored. At least for now.
Parliament has to worry about an Election now. There is no way they will be addressing this anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is really interesting -- will be looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the long run.

from the original article

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Now I admit things have been crazy in my life for the last little bit -- but did I miss this in the news - or here?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just to be clear, the relations he is referring to is the protocol used for encounters, and is not referring to actual relations with Aliens, like as in a treaty. I think they should have used the word encounter instead of relations for the article. I first read about this in the Disclosure Project book. One of the witnesses claims that there is in place a "shoot first" protocol when the Air force encounters a UFO. What Paul Hellyer is saying, and I agree, that this is a dangerous approach, and needs to be stopped.

Paul Hellyer, and Canadian-connected high level military-intelligence, NORAD-connected, scientific, and governmental witnesses facilitated by the Disclosure Project and by the Toronto Exopolitics Symposium can present compelling evidence, testimony, and Public Policy recommendations.”

It is good to see the Disclosure Project still active. They haven’t made a whole lot of noise, since they were unsuccessful at getting a congressional hearing in 2001.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"If" there is such a policy, could there be a good reason for it?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
"If" there is such a policy, could there be a good reason for it?

I believe there were two reasons given. One reason was to send a message that we don't like them invading our air space. Two, if the UFO can be brought down, they can recover it and harvest the technology. Those are the reasons that I recall. It has been some time since I read the book.

One other that I can think of is that the military knows that they are a threat, in which case I would support it. But they have always said that UFO’s are not a threat to national defense.

I just watched a show on THC about Kapustin Yar, the Soviet equivalent of Area 51. They claimed this was also the same policy for the Soviets during the Cold War. Their pilots were told to bring them down by any means necessary, including ramming it with their craft. In other words, a suicide attack. They described an aerial fight, in which both the UFO and the Soviet MIG plane shot at each other and both crashed.

I don’t recall if any government documents were ever released stating this protocol.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Stanton Friedman stated that it's been a running policy of the US government until relatively recently to shoot at UFOs. Whether or not there's a good reason for it depends on your point of view I guess. If you consider shooting down UFOs to acquire their technology, then it's a good reason. Supposedly planes have disappeared after taking shots at UFOs so you get what you give.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have heard that they do not engage UFOs nopw, that they only run gun camera footage for intel reasons. Apparently, early encounters wherein the piolot got a lock on a UFO met with disasterous results for the pilot and his craft, thus the only thing being shot now is film.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You can view the video on www.foxnews.com.... The interviewer could barely keep a straight face and laid the sarcastic and snide tone of voice on pretty thick. Haven't seen other news outlets pick up the story as of yet (7:30 p.m. CST 11/25).

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
enhancedesign, I tried looking for that video clip on the FoxNews website. I couldn't find it. Anychance you can give us the direct link?

I did find this however, probably the closest thing to FoxNews.

www.theconservativevoice.com

Canadian Leader Says Bush Responsible for Coming Intergalactic War

By Sher Zieve - Former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister, Paul Hellyer, has accused President Bush of planning and preparing for intergalactic war. Hellyer is blaming Bush for activities that could result in a war with alien species.

No comment...

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So now Bush is gonna get us into an intergalactic war. Poor guy can't do anything right can he? I guess this is just as plausible as starting a war to make Haliburton money, stealing the election with fixed voting machines, causing hurricane Katrina to kill blacks, blowing up the WTS so his buddies can get insurance money, and making up intelligence just to get soldiers killed for fun.
Maybe Dan Rather can come up with some documents from these space invaders showing how they intercepted a Bush communication saying that he plans on invading and claiming Mars for his rich Texas oil buddies.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Canadian Leader Says Bush Responsible for Coming Intergalactic War

By Sher Zieve - Former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister, Paul Hellyer, has accused President Bush of planning and preparing for intergalactic war. Hellyer is blaming Bush for activities that could result in a war with alien species.

See, thats not what the guy said and the conservative dudes are just distorting what he said to discredit him.

This is to stop the thread going down the Anti-Bush/Pro-Bush divide that will happen, despite the fact that the Canadian dude has said nothing of the sort.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This kind of scenario has been running around my head since the 'Deep Impact' mission launched that 'probe' at comet Tempel1.

What if Tempel1 was an ET outpost in our solar system and the powers that be here on Earth found out about it and felt threatened by it? What if they traced a UFO back to it? Was 'Deep Impact' part of the 'shoot first' policy?

Think about what comets are composed of - the elemental building blocks of life. Could life be sustained on a comet much the way it is sustained on the spacestation, sans the resupply missions? Comets are, we think, mostly made up of water, a 'dirty snowball', and with water and advanced technology, the rest of the requirements to sustain life could be manufactured and produced, imo. And what better re-entry vehicle than a ship in a big iceball? The ice would serve as a shield against the friction of re-entry wouldn't it? You'd just need enough of it.

Now we have an extra-galactic 'star' streaking toward the Milky Way at incredible speed from the outer reaches of space. Could this be the alien response to our pre-emptive strike on their outpost? I know, I know, the whole speed of light distance to the star thing, and the light we are seeing is 100,000 years old, and all that. But what if we are wrong about that, and this is some unknown phenomena being witnessed for the first time? What if they knew we would try this, and when, and launched their response accordingly? What if this 'streaking star' is the signature of a space-time warp or wormhole bringing in the mother ship? That is a lot of what ifs. It wouldn't be the first time we were wrong about things, though. It wouldn't be the first time we have been officially misled, either. Think Galileo and the Inquisition, and it gets a little less far-fetched. A little.

I know, this is pulp sci-fi at its worst, but what if it is true? The whole 'Deep Impact' mission never added up to me. I mean, why slam a comet with a copper washtub to begin with? Most of our exploratory missions into space are much more benign and of a 'sample and record' nature. This was a projectile, pure and simple. There was even speculation on the board that it contained an anti-matter warhead of some sort.

Just throwing some ideas out there for people to think about, not trying to say I have any proof, or that this is anything more than wild speculation. I obviously have way too much time on my hands.

Streaking Star

Deep Impact

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here is an update on this story.

www.edmontonsun.com

A number of groups have joined forces with former Canadian Defence Minister Paul Hellyer in urging Parliament to hold public hearings on 'exopolitics' - or relations with extraterrestrials (ETs).

Three non-governmental organizations (NGOs) were reacting to a speech made by Hellyer in September in Toronto in which he warned that "UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head.''

Earlier this month, the Senate replied to the ICIS that their full agenda precluded any hearings in the near future on ET issues.

"That does not deter us," one spokesman for the NGOs said, "We are going ahead with our request to Prime Minister Paul Martin and the official Opposition leaders in the House of Commons now, and we will re-apply to the Senate of Canada in early 2006.

"Time is on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

new topics

top topics

join