It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Arab-Owned Liquor Stores Attacked in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Several Arab-owned liquor stores in Oakland, California were vandalized apparently by other Muslims appearing to be Nation of Islam members, although that group denies any involvement. The mob of black youths wearing suits and bow-ties stormed the shops, destroying windows and liquor bottles, shouting that Muslims and shouldn't be selling alcohol. The police are investigating the incidents and considering hate crime charges against the vandals if they are found.

cbs5.com

(CBS 5) OAKLAND Security tapes from the San Pablo Liquor Market on 23rd and San Pablo Ave. in Oakland show 11 men dressed in the manner of members of the Nation of Islam walking into the market at about 11:30 Wednesday night.

After confronting the clerk behind the counter they push him aside, topple some groceries, open the wine, soda and alcohol coolers and throw the goods on the floor. Working in the store at the time, the owner's son, 17-year-old Khalid Saleh, who said one of the men was armed.

“So I was standing there keeping my hands up watching them break all these windows, glass bottles and stuff,“ said Saleh. “They said ‘We're Muslims,’ and selling liquor to the community, that we ain't supposed to be doing that.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here's an example of Muslim-on-Muslim violence occurring in the U.S. as a result of intolerance toward moderate followers of the religion. I really hope they catch these thugs and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Don't care who you are, there really is no excuse for breaking the law in this country.

Does insurance cover this kind of thing? Do you think insurance companies will start "adding a clause"?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is truly a sad situation. Here you have a man who according to the article has been in business for 20 years and all of a sudden some young thugs tell him what he has been doing is wrong. :shk:

Give me a break, this is America you can sell whatever you want as long as it is not against the law. I too hope they catch them and when they do; I hope they make an example out of them by putting them in Jail for 30 years.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

shouting that Muslims and shouldn't be selling alcohol

Muslims aren't also supposed to venerate a prophet after mohammed, who was supposed to be the last and final prophet, yet Nation of Islam does.

So these statements are somewhat ironic.

edit to add
This shoudl be tried as a hate crime. The perpetrators are attacking someone based on religion.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In New Orleans, the black community resented the Vietnamese who opened grocery stores throughout town and there were violent confrontations and murders of store personnel. This might be carried out by Nation of Islam members, but just looking at the video, the clothing appears to be a "red herring." Nation of Islam members are more particular about their dress than the thugs in the videos appear to be.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Does insurance cover this kind of thing? Do you think insurance companies will start "adding a clause"?

I'd sure be surprised if an insurance policy had a religious exclusion clause.
. But I'll bet the store owner has a hefty deductible from now on.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a religious clause is not needed as many business insurance policies contain a War Clause.

Many insurance policies have a war clause, under which losses caused as a result of acts of war are excluded from coverage. The term "war" is defined in different ways, depending on the policy. Barron Wall explains that The Businessowners Special Property Coverage Form (BP 00 02 01 97) and the Causes of Loss (Special) Form (CP 10 30 06 95), which are both published by the Insurance Services Office, Inc., (ISO) are adopted by many insurance carriers, and have similarly worded definitions of "war." "War," according to the language used by ISO in these policy forms, would include "undeclared or civil war" and "warlike action by a military force," says Wall.

Business Insurance: A 12 point Checklist

If it was extremists that commited the robbery, then the insurance may use this clause as a way to not have to pay the owners. The reason that I bring this up is that extremists have made it clear a numbert of times that they are waging a war on the west and non-believers in their version of Islam.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
If it was extremists that commited the robbery, then the insurance may use this clause as a way to not have to pay the owners. The reason that I bring this up is that extremists have made it clear a numbert of times that they are waging a war on the west and non-believers in their version of Islam.

No I do not think that is or will be the case. Insurance companies are said to have paid out approximately 20 Billion dollars when the WTC were attacked on 911 and I am sure we all can agree that was an act of war, when compared to some thugs robbing of a store which was nothing more then harassment as implied by the article.

[edit on 11/25/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There was a difference in regards to 9/11.
9/11 was designated as an "act of terrorism: and not an act of war.
Since 9/11, most insurance companies have revised their policies to include "acts of terrorism.

Most U.S. policy forms expressly exclude coverage for losses caused by "war" but not by "terrorism." Will various insurance policy forms cover the losses arising from the September 11th attack? This issue will be determined by the language of the acts of war exclusion, if any, in the particular policy under which the claim arises. Generally, most major U.S. insurers are taking the position that coverage for losses arising from the September 11 attack is not excluded under war exclusions unless "terrorism" or "acts of terrorism" are specifically excluded.

'
McDermott Newsletters

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
There was a difference in regards to 9/11.
9/11 was designated as an "act of terrorism: and not an act of war.
Since 9/11, most insurance companies have revised their policies to include "acts of terrorism.

That may very well be true. I really did know for sure, so I called by insurance agent an asked what would happen if my house and business interests were attacked and he said I would be covered under similar circumstances simply because this was was clearly vandalism.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Black America is sick and tired of being doormats. These stores have poor selection of items, they keep these items dusty and dirty, and have the nerve to overcharge for them, but they keep a large selection of alcohol and they always keep them on sale. But this is the reverse in a white neighborhood. These Arab store owners know full well they couldn't sell liquor in arab country but they are so willing to prey on poor uneducated Blacks in America. They sell liquor to children, sell to someone who's already drunk, they never ask for ID, allow people to drink in front of the store all day and night and they just bring the neighborhood down. I love my Arab brothers for spreading the word of the Koran so they should know better about profiteering off liquor in these areas. There's only one liquor store in a white neighborhood but one on every block in a black neighborhood. I want everyone reading this post to go into a black neighborhood and count the number of liquor stores and gun stores, and the thing is black people do not own them!!!! There's a reason why there's more black men in jail than in college. These young African American men need to be applauded and I will personally make sure acts like this happen more often, in every slum in this country. Immigrant store owners in black areas need to keep there stores clean inside and out, reinvest in there stores and make them look presentable. Be responsible, don't just take the money and look the other way. At the end of the day, its either your part of the problem or part of the solution.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Are you kidding roro2030?

A liquor store never sold anything to anyone who wasn't buying.

Still no clue what that had to do about Muslim vs. Muslim violence and think you have an unfair assessment of "black" and "white" neighborhoods.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just because something is legal doesn't mean it should be done. I know full well Arabs/Koreans/Vietnemes wouldn't appreciate blacks overruning their neighborhoods /w liquor stores. these poor black areas are too depressed and opening one liquor store after another doesn't help. What's worst most of these places are eyesores. Black areas need a uplifting hand not another oppersor. These young men got sick and tired of the endless cycle of poverty gripping these neighborhoods and what's sad the police will try to make examples out of them instead of figuring out why they are so mad. Saint I just want you go to black area and then a white area. The reason why there are Muslim vs Muslims tension is because the Arab store owners are taking advantage of a situtation instead of following the Koran!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
roro2030 wrote:

The reason why there are Muslim vs Muslims tension is because the Arab store owners are taking advantage of a situtation instead of following the Koran

The Quran doesnt say it is forbidden to sell alcohol.
Just thought i'd let you know that.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Several Arab-owned liquor stores in Oakland, California were
vandalized apparently by other Muslims appearing to be
Nation of Islam members,

From what I understand about Nation of Islam (and someone
feel free to correct me if this is wrong) .... they are NOT Muslims.
They 'worship' black men and say they are gods, and they
say that black women are 'queens' to be venerated. They are
their own spin off cult and at odds with other 'true' muslims.

(I say 'true' meaning those who worship Allah and have
Muhammed as their prophet)

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
flyersfan

yeah, i dont think the nation of islam is...hmm...islamic :-)
they do seem to have some weird ideas, but then again, perhaps no more than some sunni and shia muslims have, so i dont know.
But no, in the correct definition of a traditional muslim, i would say....they certainly dont fit that definition

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by roro2030
Just because something is legal doesn't mean it should be done. I know full well Arabs/Koreans/Vietnemes wouldn't appreciate blacks overruning their neighborhoods /w liquor stores. these poor black areas are too depressed and opening one liquor store after another doesn't help. What's worst most of these places are eyesores. Black areas need a uplifting hand not another oppersor.

Too bad you (and they) haven’t realized that violent acts like these fuel the cycle of so-called “oppression.”

You asked why more are in jail than in college. Do you have a source for that? And, assuming you are correct, let me take a stab at answering…

BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMITING CRIMES!!!

It’s not a hard question to answer. Why are there fewer liquor stores in so-called “white neighborhoods”? Because the neighborhood denizens don’t buy enough liquor to support them.

Originally posted by roro2030These young men got sick and tired of the endless cycle of poverty gripping these neighborhoods and what's sad the police will try to make examples out of them instead of figuring out why they are so mad.

That’s because nobody really cares why they are mad. Not even black people. They perpetuate crimes against their “own people” in their “own neighborhoods,” then wonder why nobody wants to live there. If I were a Korean store owner, I certainly wouldn’t want to live in a neighborhood were my house was likely to be hit by stray bullets, get tagged by graffiti, or become a gathering place for local thugs.

They attack stores in an area, then wonder why the storeowners won’t reinvest money into keeping the stores in great shape. Why would they, these punks will just wreck it?

Originally posted by roro2030Saint I just want you go to black area and then a white area.

Been there. Done that. I’ve been in richer places than you can probably imagine, and I’ve been to some of the poorest, roughest areas on the East Coast. Know what I’ve found?

Plenty of educated, civil, proud black people who aren’t about to let your narrow views bring them down.

Your attempts to justify the actions of these punks demean successful, hardworking black people everywhere. Through your ill-formed arguments and half-baked, young-wannabe-Black-Panther rhetoric, you vilify black people by suggesting that they are all violent, over-emotional reactionaries-in-training.

Apparently you think that all it takes is for a Korean to open a liquor store in a “black neighborhood” to turn black people into vicious, violent thugs. And you imply that argument by suggesting that black people are justified in violent, criminal behavior just because there are a lot of liquor stores and gun shops.

Instead of allowing black people a choice, instead of them being able to decide not to buy a gun or buy a 40, you insinuate that they have the intellects of children. You imply that if a liquor store is put in front of them, they will be drawn to it by a force more powerful than themselves, and that they will lose all self control and spend all their money on malt liquor and guns.

I got news for you pal, there are a CRAPLOAD of successful, educated, civil, peaceful, intelligent black people out there who would love for you to stop putting words in their mouths and linking them to a bunch of cretins, just because their skin is the same color. They would love to show you just how capable any black person is of getting an education and following a successful path in life.

There are all kinds of racism out there, and you believing that black people are no better than children who are incapable of bettering their situations and controlling their animal instincts is just one of those kinds.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So Sharia Law is now being enforced on American streets by bat-wielding Religious Police- erm, thugs.

This is not a racial thing, it is yet another example of the Caliphate bringing peace to the world (not).

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The NOI wouldn't know a caliphate if it bit them on the behind.

They have about as much do do with mainstream (even militant) Islam as they do with magic pink bunnies.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Nation of Islam teaches a veiled form of The One Path of Initiation(which is found in all major religions, if one can interpret the symbolism).

The profane don't think the N.O.I. can be reconciled with "true Islam", because they are fanatics.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by Tamahu]

<<   2 >>

join