It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Government Wants to Close Down Progressive Internet News Journal, 'Barry's Blogs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The readers of Barry's Blogs have probably noticed that the sending of my progressive news journal has been erratic the last couple of days. The reason for this is because Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech seem to be dying a rather hasty death in France

SF Indimedia

There is evidently a new get tough policy aimed at bloggers and other Internet freedom lovers who use the 'net as a vehicle for expressing their views and beliefs on what's happening in the world today. The freedom of the Internet must be preserved!!!

As the editor of Barry's Blogs, I am now being threatened, by my mainly French government owned Internet Service Provider (ISP), wanadoo.fr, telling me that if I don't stop sending out my progressive news journal, I will certainly be disconnected from the Internet. Further, they inform me, I can expect to be refused service from any other ISP in France.

As the editor of Barry's Blogs, I am now being threatened, by my mainly French government owned Internet Service Provider (ISP), wanadoo.fr, telling me that if I don't stop sending out my progressive news journal, I will certainly be disconnected from the Internet. Further, they inform me, I can expect to be refused service from any other ISP in France.

My free news journal has a circulation of 1,631 readers all over the world. At least 90% of those readers are small and medium size newspapers and other publications, representing a wide range of views across the political spectrum; with the remainder representing individuals and groups in different political and academic categories. I ask all my readers today who believe in Freedom of the Press, and Freedom of Speech, to contact the President of France at www.elysee.fr... , or contact the French Embassy in your home country, and demand that the French government stop the threats and harassment aimed at my news journal by wanadoo.fr (as earlier noted, wanadoo.fr, is mainly French government owned and controlled).

Thank you,
Barry Fockler, Fil.kand.
Editor
Barry's Blogs
barryshomepageblog.blogspot.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now WHAT is this?

French Goverment trying to Shut Down Bloggers?

Why?

Bloggers Arrested for Daring to be Sympathetic with the social plight of the young people who were rioting at that time.

Arrested for Expression their Opinion? On the Internet? Excuse me?

Are the French INSEANE?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is this what you call "progressive"?

Paris - Two teenage boys were placed under investigation on Tuesday for inciting violence by using their blogs to urge others to join the rioting that is raging in the country, judicial officials said.

The two, a French national aged 16 and an 18-year-old Ghanaian national come from the Seine-Saint-Denis region northeast of Paris where the violence first broke out on October 27.

They have been placed under judicial investigation, the first step to formal charges, for "provoking wilful damage to property that poses a danger to people, via the internet".

News24.com

Any site that's inciting and planning violence should be shutdown IMHO.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Is this what you call "progressive"?

Any site that's inciting and planning violence should be shutdown IMHO.

You have posted an entirely different case - it is about two 16 and 18 year old and not about mister Barry himself, to which this topic is refering to.

The problem here is, that the French goverment DISLIKED the way that Barry defended these young men, and that is why they want to shut him down for good.

Imagine that the your favourite "Demokrauts" are in Control of your country and they bust you for your posts on this Forum - how would That make you feel?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The French Government also blocked right-wing sites so this was not just an attack on those sticking up for the youth/scum.

no-pasaran.blogspot.com

Late on the afternoon of November 9th, within the measures taken by de Villepin (but obviously not made public), the Emeraude plan was deployed: it makes it possible to divert the whole of French internet traffic through military servers equipped with filters which block certain sites. Several methods were used: blocking IP addresses at the point of the routers. At Wanadoo, only domain name servers (DNS numbers) were filtered. At Cegetel, HTTP addresses HTTP were blocked, and so forth.

The majority of blocked sites and blogs weren’t the great many Muslim attack sites or the Islamists sites that were quite active (such as Oumma, Majlis, and the like) but the most active nationalist sites like Occidentalis, SOSfrance, Coranix and France-Echos.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
... an attack on those sticking up for the youth/scum.

Gee Ace, now there is some Serious Hatred coming from you.

Do you Live in Europe at all, so that you could have a Reason to be angry?

Or are you just spreading Hatred across the North Atlantic?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Gee Ace, now there is some Serious Hatred coming from you.

Do you Live in Europe at all, so that you could have a Reason to be angry?

Or are you just spreading Hatred across the North Atlantic?

No I don't live in Europe but I have family that does.
I am descended from Europeans and would like to return there some day so I care what happens there.

BTW, do you live in Iraq?
If not, is there a reason for you to be angry about what happens there?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No I don't live in Europe but I have family that does.
I am descended from Europeans and would like to return there some day so I care what happens there.

Well then you must know the French History and the History of Past European Empires and their Legacy that we see Today. Thank them, instead of doing the easiest thing possible: putting the Entire Blame on the Muslims, AGAIN.

Once the Commies were GUILTY For all the Worlds Problems - times change, huh?

BTW, do you live in Iraq?
If not, is there a reason for you to be angry about what happens there?

No - but I live in a Country that was Licked by War and I sure do not Wish that ANYBODY goes through this HELL. But for all of you, living across the Atlantic it is all so Far, Far away, something on your TV screens.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well then you must know the French History and the History of Past European Empires and their Legacy that we see Today. Thank them, instead of doing the easiest thing possible: putting the Entire Blame on the Muslims, AGAIN.

Well you must know the history of past Islamic empires and their legacy that we see today.

Perhaps if they had not taken Europeans as slaves to Algiers, Tunis and Morocco the French and other Europeans would not have been so motivated to finally defeat them and rule over them.

Don't put the entire blame on the Europeans as you are so fond of doing.

I'd like to know why this issue of enslavement of Europeans isn't discussed more often. They make it seem as though the Europeans were the ones who developed the African slave trade and were the only ones involved in taking slaves.

The general perception is also that Europeans were the only colonizers even though the muslims colonized Africa and Asia before the French and the British ever did.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well you must know the history of past Islamic empires and their legacy that we see today.

Perhaps if they had not taken Europeans as slaves to Algiers, Tunis and Morocco the French and other Europeans would not have been so motivated to finally defeat them and rule over them.

Must we do this Again Ace?
Did the Europeans COLONIZE Americas and Extreminate the Local Indian Population?
Did the Europeans EXPORT African Slaves in Million to the Brave New World they Discovered?
Did the Europeans COLONIZE Africa, Middle East, Asia, Oceania and almost the Entire Globe?
How many WORLD WARS did the Europeans start and how many the Islamics?

I'd like to know why this issue of enslavement of Europeans isn't discussed more often. They make it seem as though the Europeans were the ones who developed the African slave trade and were the only ones involved in taking slaves.

Why are you diverting the Conversation to the so-called "Enslavement of Europeans"?
I do not think they Invented it, but they sure made it WORLDWIDE and have given the "Name" to it - when you think about Slaves, you immediatly relate Africa-American-Connection.

The general perception is also that Europeans were the only colonizers even though the muslims colonized Africa and Asia before the French and the British ever did.

So did Alexander the Great.
And Emperor Ceasar.
Lets count Islamic Empires and European Empire, and see who WINS.

[edit on 25/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Did the Europeans COLONIZE Americas and Extreminate the Local Indian Population?
Did the Europeans EXPORT African Slaves in Million to the Brave New World they Discovered?
Did the Europeans COLONIZE Africa, Middle East, Asia, Oceania and almost the Entire Globe?
How many WORLD WARS did the Europeans start and how many the Islamics?
[...]

Lets count Islamic Empires and European Empire, and see who WINS.

Yes the Europeans did colonize the Americas, Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and almost the entire globe.

The muslims on the oher hand colonized the Middle East, parts of Europe, much of Asia and quite a lot of Africa and they still have Constantinople, which they ethnically cleansed.

The Europeans did export many slaves to the Americas and in many cases they were purchased from muslim slave traders.

BBC

Some of the descendants of African traders are alive today. Mohammed Ibrahim Babatu is the great great grandson of Baba-ato (also known as Babatu), the famous Muslim slave trader, who was born in Niger and conducted his slave raids in Northern Ghana in the 1880's.

As far as world wars, I'm not sure how many of those the muslims started before the 20th century but I know that they fought in both of the European world wars.

If you'd like to compare Islamic empires, we can do that.

Ottoman Empire 1299 to 1922

Mughal Empire 1526 to 1857.

The Umayyad Dynasty 661–750 (first dynasty)

The Samanid Empire 819 - 999

Almohad Dynasty 1130–1269

Safavid Empire 1501 to 1736

Seljuk Turkish empire 11th to 14th centuries.

There are many others that I'll list later if you really do want to compare.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey Ace, you are Hanging to Straws here. You have barely Scrateched togather Seven Islamic Empires? Wow. Now there is a Serious Number to Counter! But here we go anyway:

British Empire

Dutch Empire

French Empire

German Empire

Imperial Russia

The Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation

Roman Empire

Spanish Empire

Italian Colonial Empire

...Just to name a FEW - only from EUROPE.

Seriously, you are quite Stubborn in your Quest.

Deep down inside you KNOW that I am right, but still...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You two sound like two little children.

Thread locked for now.

Both of you in the corner, now!!

new topics

top topics

join