It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Why - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here is an exeedingly good video from AmericanAntigravity.com

Ask Why

Why? It is a small word...a mere 3 letters on a scrabble-board. But it is a quick, sharp, and abrupt word, which can bring years of conventional assumptions to a jarring halt.

It allows you to explore new possibilities. It is the chosen word of the non-conformist, the defiant, and the visionary. It is the nemisis of the pessimist, the defeatist, and the lazy.

Why? It is a confrontational word. It challenges what's thought to be impossible, allowing us only to be limited by our own ideas, and not someone else's.

If you're not afraid to ask why, you can change whatever it is you want. Why?

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In Rex Webbs experiment; the wheel on it's side is how the ufo appearred to me when I was 12/13. The video evidence is proof that it can be done. Also, whose to say that an advanced civilization hasn't already developed it long ago and is taken for granted much like the automobile.

It is a new reality to us, but not necessarily to somebody else in the universe.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Im interested in what you have to say Rachel07
no offense lol but could you explain what you said a bit better? cheers!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why do people pursue silly ideas that violate laws of nature. I suppose NASA is forced to burn millions of liters of hydrogen to keep up the conspiracy of antigravity. right?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
NASA is researching new theoretical/experimental methods of propulsion as well INC research into possible anti-gravitational technologies so dont try and that NASA wastes money etc......Theyre trying there best (AND like you said was apparently required they have the money) theyre just not there yet. And dont say its impossible. Not until you've expended all possibilities, travelled all the roads, seen everything there is to see, then, maybe you can say its impossible.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
Why do people pursue silly ideas that violate laws of nature. I suppose NASA is forced to burn millions of liters of hydrogen to keep up the conspiracy of antigravity. right?

What kind of comment is that? If the world was full of people thinking like that, we'd never advance.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
YES!!! finally someone else said that. Does anyone remember hearing about when anyone who mentioned anything about flying vehicles (aka planes) was considered a nutcase as it defied the laws of science.

It obviously didnt, or unless aeroplanes are being held up by magic of course.

I will say this and only this. You cannot just dismiss something as defying the laws of physics, purely on the grounds that it doesnt fit into everything we've learnt SO FAR. We haven't discovered all the mysteries of the universe; infact some say they could be infinite.

Its people like this that throughout history shunned the aeroplane, the automobile, the phone, the television. These are the people that said it was impossible to get into space, that the earth was flat, that we were the centre of the universe.

Like you so aptly put GeniusSage, if we didnt work against those who say it can't be done, then nothing would be done, and we'd still be sat round our wood fires, using carrier pigeons and dieing of the plague.

I could go on for hours about edison, da vinci, newton, einstien, and how their ideas and theories, (THEORIES which we all know are the foundations of every school science textbook in the world) and how they were ridiculed and told that what they were saying was scientific blasphemy, and how everything that there was to be discovered had already been discovered. Until they proved it, that is.

How wrong they are and how wrong the pessimist shall be when I have my hovercar sitting on my front lawn, clutching my tickets to board the first trans-galactical flight to andromeda. How i will smirk and be reminded of the things they said and how throughout history the same kind of person has said the same kind of thing. And how they will remember the words of the true visionary, the one who stood up against all the odds and said, "what if".

[edit on 26-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
"I could go on for hours about edison, da vinci, newton, einstien"

the difference between them and you, is that they got their theories, proved them, then published them. whereas you just publish.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by FredH]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
yes....BUT MY POINT IS........they were first ridiculed and told they were completely wrong and insane, THEN they proved it. I Havent proved my theories yet. Hopefully some day i will but i will have to prove them first obviously.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
yes....BUT MY POINT IS........they were first ridiculed and told they were completely wrong and insane, THEN they proved it. I Havent proved my theories yet. Hopefully some day i will but i will have to prove them first obviously.

MY POINT BEING.......all of the genius'es that you like to put up as examples as those who were ridiculed at first, were highly accomplished men before they invented something big. I also need to mention that Isaac newton died a virgin(this can be you someday. times running out before you are incapable of having normal relationships with women)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You know
you make me laugh. (Are you implying that im some kind of nerd?
LOL Not to brag
but luckily I am one of the fortunate few who was born with a beautiful mind and a beautiful body......
)

Although its sad that you have to resort to such childish and derogatory comments like that when you have nothing of value left to say ScienceGuy. Its things like that that just ruin the spirit of sites like this.

And just for the record scienceguy i am engaged, have had plenty thanks for asking, and i wish you nothing but good tidings in your love life, so there you go.
Anyway now can we get back to the topic, not that i can even remember now......shame......

O yes. I dont need you to tell me how to live my life. I dont need you to tell me how intelligent or accomplished I am compared to above mentioned famous people. Just because i'm not in a textbook doesnt mean my opinions arent worth anything. You dont even know me. I ALSO dont need to hear your pessimistic whinging but thats another story.

Look this is stupid, bickering over something that hasnt occured yet. I will simply say, Only time will tell, look to my actions not to my words. When there are results, you shall see them. Until then, only time will tell.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
I will say this and only this. You cannot just dismiss something as defying the laws of physics, purely on the grounds that it doesnt fit into everything we've learnt SO FAR.

That is true enough, however we you also always need to be aware of what has been proved not to work or you will spend your entire life chasing up blind alleys. I know that when I drop a brick it falls to the floor, however if I spent my life pursuing inventions based around the assumption that a brick will float upwards when dropped then I will be an idiot and will have wasted my life.

My point is that to develop new and original ways of thinking and doing things doesn't mean just chucking away all previous work and starting again. Newton himself famously said that the he arrived at his theories by "standing on the shoulders of giants", and not by dismissing them.

Like you so aptly put GeniusSage, if we didnt work against those who say it can't be done, then nothing would be done, and we'd still be sat round our wood fires, using carrier pigeons and dieing of the plague.

And on the other hand if we didn't think critically about theories, ideas and inventions we also wouldn't get anywhere, as we would never sort the wheat from the chaff. We might still be messing around doing experiments in how to start fires by running in circles making various animal noises.

I could go on for hours about edison, da vinci, newton, einstien, and how their ideas and theories, (THEORIES which we all know are the foundations of every school science textbook in the world) and how they were ridiculed and told that what they were saying was scientific blasphemy, and how everything that there was to be discovered had already been discovered. Until they proved it, that is.

Who ridiculed these people? Newton was held in enormous esteem, and considered one of the brightest people on the planet from a very young age.

You're right though in that those comments concerning success, or lack of, with women are neither here nor there. Anyway Newton may have died not having had sex with a woman, but that's not to say he died not having had sex.......

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I cannot BELIEVE that apparently very bright adults are resorting to comments basically saying "oi yur a nerd and yur ugly and women dont like you and youve never had sex....." etc etc. WHAT IS UP, i thought these people get banned. I try so hard to be polite, honest and helpful and i get a ton of abuse shoved in my face!

And LOL about isaac
what could you possibly be implying
Some good points made there FatherLukeDuke,

And on the other hand if we didn't think critically about theories, ideas and inventions we also wouldn't get anywhere, as we would never sort the wheat from the chaff.......

[edit on 28-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Am I to believe you have their best interests in mind by discouraging innovation? Whether you are thinking of the laws of nature, or physics, or any other law, remember that the laws have changed over the centuries. One of the supposed laws was that the Earth was flat. You can't convince me that this hasn't changed. Even today, the supposed "laws" that most people pin their faith on are ridiculously feable anyway. The more I have learned about physics, and the various other sciences, the more I have learned how much is not known. Even YOU can't deny that.

-P

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hahahah!!! Are you kidding me???

Dude, you really need a hug.

-P

MY POINT BEING.......all of the genius'es that you like to put up as examples as those who were ridiculed at first, were highly accomplished men before they invented something big. I also need to mention that Isaac newton died a virgin(this can be you someday. times running out before you are incapable of having normal relationships with women)

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I like to think science as temporary, while we might have theories, facts, and laws to explain certain phenomenum in the field of science. Is it not true that new theories, facts, and laws are discovered and written, and approved amongst scienctist as time passes on.

In the past the people use to think we live in a geocentric solar system. But then a man by the name Copernicus proved the whole world wrong.

My point is science is never consistant...and is always changing, that being said, I do believe it's possible to have an antigravity machine, I believe some already exist.

I'm not sure but i think the Japanese Maglev Trains defies gravity...I mean it floats and hover doesn't it, so doesn't that mean it's anti-gravity.

EDIT: I didn't realize Posting just posted the same thing I said. HAHA..I believe great mind thinks alike.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

My point is that to develop new and original ways of thinking and doing things doesn't mean just chucking away all previous work and starting again. Newton himself famously said that the he arrived at his theories by "standing on the shoulders of giants", and not by dismissing them.

Point well taken and I agree completely.

-P

new topics

top topics

join