It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the universe will be sucked in a worm hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have been reading about the end of the world a lot lately and i found something new to me. A worm hole in space is being fed by phantom energy and will get large and strong enough to suck up the universe what will happen next? Is it like a large blender will it crush and chop the earth, or will we come out somewhere else. What will that be like ? Any theories wormhole

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
great theory. too bad they didnt provided a date. im going to walk out on a limb here in a attempt to merge science with new age theories again and i will calmly state that this might just be the wormhole in which our universe is going to pass through in order for us to move from 3rd dimension to the 4th one, all that on the increasingly popular year 2012 (21st of december is that it?)

nice resume of pretty much the whole 2012 theory here, And sometimes with sources from nasa and BBC to back their claims. --» www.unexplainable.net...

www.2012.com.au...
www.2012.com.au...

[edit on 25-11-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think this theory is impossible

1. Since when do Blacks holes grow in strength and size
2. I dont think a Black Hole can swallow another one
3. The Universe isn't 3D so it cannot be sucked up into a Black Hole which is 3D
4. Phantom Energy?
5. If a Black Hole did manage to suck up the Universe it would have to eat itself also. It needs space(area) to exist.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
this is a quote from the worm hole page ( frist one )
Wormholes are theoretical structures connecting two regions of space, or even two parallel universes
so how can the universe end if its getting sucked into its self?
the universe is suppossed to be everything out there if the worm hole is there that means something is on the other side which means the universe

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
since when does this phantom energy exist?
what is it composed of
is it an element
a force?
and since when can worm holes suck everything up?
and does'nt a worm hole intheory travel to another dimension like evilbat siad?

don't worry about it dude

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Would it not be logical to assume that the universe itself would expand around this ever increasing wormhole? My understanding of physics is that as was stated above the wormhole would have to swallow itself, which is not only a literal, but theorhetical impossibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
Is it like a large blender will it crush and chop the earth, or will we come out somewhere else. What will that be like ? Any theories wormhole

As far as i know wormholes are not at all the same as black holes so the suggestion about them "engulfing" anything is pretty strange imo. How this scientist proposes the worm hole growth should catch up with ever faster galactic expansion is another question i would ask.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
since when does this phantom energy exist?
what is it composed of

Well to be honest it's normally called " dark energy" for lack of imagination and so forth. Basically it's the energy/matter ( gravity) that astronomers and the like know should exsis,t to make the universe function as it currently are observed to, but can not observe or explain with our current theories/laws.

is it an element
a force?

More like a source/generator of energy....

and since when can worm holes suck everything up?
and does'nt a worm hole intheory travel to another dimension like evilbat siad?

No idea about worm holes sucking up things but the dimensional connection idea is a a theory that at least one or two promiment physicist proposed...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
hmm I've misread the original message. Your talking about wormholes not black holes

Wormholes dont actually suck anything into them because they have no mass for gravity(they might have a hidden mass?). Wormholes, themselves dont create displacements in space-time, unlike a sun for example.

Currently scientists claim that wormholes are EXTREMELY tiny, much smaller than an atom.

The universe isn't 'expanding' it just appears that way when looking from a three dimensional perspective.

Wormholes have to exist in a 4th dimension in order to operate. So you wouldn't see a spaceship slowly go into it(like on Stagate), the spaceship would just disappear then reappear at another location.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Billing is quite right. A worm hole, or better said, a quantum string, only has one dimension - length. It's considered an informational conduit. For instance, the reason an iron atom has exactly the same charge and spin as another one 17 billion lightyears away is considered to be the work of the quantum string. In effect, all things are considered to be connected by quantum strings/wormholes.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't string theory discarded in favor of M-Theory?

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Billing is quite right. A worm hole, or better said, a quantum string, only has one dimension

I think i said the same thing maybe worded it wrong or people just see the name evilbat and go ooooooh nogood next........
But thats what I was trying to say even if it was to a diffrent dimension it still wouldn't be the uni cause the uni was all we knew

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Quote: "Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't string theory discarded in favor of M-Theory?"

M Theory has by no means replaced String theory, simply, because M-Theory is an extension of String Theory. String Theory is the prima facie bedrock on which M Theory has been allowed to grow.

Paul Steinhardt's ideas about the origin of the Universe are based on an extension of string theory called M-theory. They do not do away with the Big Bang. The evidence that everything emerged from a 'fireball' with a temperature of 10 billion degrees, expanding on a timescale of one second, is now very compelling and uncontroversial. Paul Steinhardt and colleagues at Princeton University propose the so-called ‘ekpyrotic model’. It explains important details about the nature of our Universe such as why the cosmos is expanding the way it is.

Edited to add quote.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billing
Currently scientists claim that wormholes are EXTREMELY tiny, much smaller than an atom.

That's about the same way i remember it....

The universe isn't 'expanding' it just appears that way when looking from a three dimensional perspective.

They have an alternative explanation for the ever larger red-shifting that have so far been accepted to indicate ever faster expansion?

Stellar

[edit on 27-11-2005 by StellarX]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
They have an alternative explanation for the ever larger red-shifting that have so far been accepted to indicate ever faster expansion?

Ok. What I meant by "isn't expanding" is that the universe is a hypersphere.

I've just had a look at red-shifting and space-time expansion. Very interesting.

How does the universe expand? It there an inner force pushing or an outer force pulling?

A possible way to contruct a wormhole: As I have stated wormholes are very tiny and they link two regions of space that are in different location. What if we where to collect small wormholes(both the 'starts' and 'ends') and link them together, creating a bigger wormhole. Have all the 'starts' at one location and all the 'ends' at another. Perhapes we might even be able to make wormholes ourselves by forcibly linking regions of space. What about bending space? If space-time natually expands, perhapes we can find a way to shrink it. The spaceship would stay the same size but it wouldn't have as far to travel.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This might just me being stupid but i though the universe was 3-d,
and i think that a worm hole is pretty much impossible, if strings existed they are thinner than atoms so nothing could actually go through them besides energy quarks leptons and other subatomic particles.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billing
I think this theory is impossible

1. Since when do Blacks holes grow in strength and size

Since when do they shrink, or stay the same size, when you add stuff to them? What in the material world becomes less when you add to it?

2. I dont think a Black Hole can swallow another one.

OK. I think this has been witnessed since we have discovered that almost all galaxies we have observed seem to have a super large black whole at their center, including the Milky Way, but I concede that I could be mistaken.

3. The Universe isn't 3D so it cannot be sucked up into a Black Hole which is 3D

Yet, we can see matter of our dimension entering black holes. But, you have a good point.

4. Phantom Energy?

We have yet to account for what is causing all we see throughout the universe to be accelerating in speed as everything is moving further away from eachother. This is a generic term that is being used to explain what is it in our universe that is overriding the effects of gravity. Phantom energy also refers to unknown forces we have yet to understand.

5. If a Black Hole did manage to suck up the Universe it would have to eat itself also. It needs space(area) to exist.

A paradox indeed. Our best speculation and contemplation is all we have to know what it is we should be looking for to explain phenomeno we currently do not understand.

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I run the vacuum cleaner my whole apartment building doesn't get sucked into it.

My point is, the universe is so vast that despite their strength and size, I don't think black holes are really something to worry about. Especially since most of us here are only going to live another 40-60 years, while this probably wouldn't come close to happening for at least another 40 or 60 million years. And if it does.. then ... well... sue me on the other side

aaron

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
This might just me being stupid but i though the universe was 3-d

I dont know what the "experts" think, but I believe the Universe is a hyper-sphere.

Originally posted by Esoteric TeacherSince when do they shrink, or stay the same size, when you add stuff to them? What in the material world becomes less when you add to it?

How do we know that adding things to it/it eating things, makes it grow? Do Blackholes occupy area/have 'volume', or are they just a tiny spot that eats and eats?

Originally posted by Esoteric TeacherYet, we can see matter of our dimension entering black holes
Where are the pictures that show an object getting sucked into a Black Hole?

top topics

join