It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi scientists linked to NASA advancements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found the following article to be interesting, and a bit of a stretch at the end. It recognizes of a number of Nazi scientists that were used by America to advance technology and goes on to claim that further advancements made back in the 40s and 50s are still being hidden today. Unfortunately, at the end of the article they use the phrase "free energy," but I believe they are using it out of context to refer to gravitational energy, which has yet to be discovered by modern physics.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Both the Soviet Union and the United States swiped their fair share of Nazi scientists at the end of World War Two. It is no secret.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They were swiped up long before the end of the war. Those guys were sought after regardless of there even being a war. The US and Russia pulled them out early to keep them alive. Yes, that is no secret, but I was unaware that they were NOT suppose to have military ties. Not that it matters. If anything, those ties probably made them more valuable.

Also, it is interesting that papers that are so old and would almost certainly have little to do with today's working technology are still kept secret/classified. Of course, it could be a bookkeeping issue, where there was no need to declassify them, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Really? Were they Nazi or were they German? Sounds like propoganda to state taht because they were German they surely were Nazis. There were many German scientist and engineers who worked for the Manhattan project, were they Nazis?

Gravitational energy has never been discovered? Just google clepshydra and you will be amazed.

Why did you post this in the science and technology forum, this has nothing to do with science or technology, but rather history?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Von Braun, the man who (arguably) did more to put the US on the moon more than any other single person, was a rank and file member of the SS. But in Nazi Germany, you would have had to be in the SS to get anything done.

Gotterup, the man who essentially designed most of russian rockets years before Korolev did was also in the SS.

Keep in mind that the V2 was built using a vast army of slave workers worked to the death.

Ugly little secret? Yes. But it was the cold war, and there's no shortage of them, and worse ones too.

I suggest astronautix.com... if you're interested. It's the most comprehensive survey of modern rocketry that exists.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Project Paperclip actually involved many more than just 700 and the scientist were pretty much doing what they do whoever they worked for... What is more interesting to me is how many prominent known German war criminals came over and continued their atrocities under CIA management in Eastern Europe....

Stellar

top topics

join