It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Protestor Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do the members think about this article. Personally, i think its ridiculous to be arrested for protesting your own sons death in iraq. Bush wouldnt even meet Cindy Sheehan to explain why her son had been killed in iraq.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It is wrong to arrest people for breaking the law?

Look,
If your going to protest, at least follow the set local ordinances or laws?

A dozen war protesters, including Daniel Ellsberg, were arrested Wednesday for setting up camp near President Bush’s ranch in defiance of new local bans on roadside camping and parking.

Not like they were not warned....

A dozen or so other demonstrators left the public right of way after deputies warned them they would be arrested.

Furthermore, Bush has met with Cindy Sheehan already.
Her case is no more special or different than those other families that have lost sons and daughters in Iraq or Afghanistan and have only met with Bush once. She does not merit another meeting with Bush.

seekerof

[edit on 24-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Please post the link of where you heard that cindy sheehan has met with the president.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
thank you for posting the link

i still cannot understand how she could make this statement, "That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

i dont know, this article seems washed down. personally, if i had ever lost a blood relative over somebody elses war i could never forgive the man who ordered my sons death

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thanks for that link Seekerof. It has gotten old some time ago about all this nonsense that Bush refuses to meet with Sheehan when he has allready done so. My anger is directed at the people in the MSM who continue to perpetuate this myth, and they out of all people, should know that this is a lie. And even to this day you can turn on the tube and some news show host will still be running his/her mouth to the tune of---"Why does Bush continue to refuse to meet with Sheehan."

Give me a break. Who does this woman think that she is. Does she think that because she lost her son that that entitles her to have a daily chat with the President every friggin day of the week?

She doesn't deserve one second more of the Presidents time.

[edit on 11/25/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dreaded One
i still cannot understand how she could make this statement, "That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

Because she is crazier than an out-house rat, is how.

Cindy Sheehan made a 180 degree shift in her outlook on life. Why did she do that? Personally, I think she is going through PMS. That affects all women, some more severely than others. Now that she is getting the attention she probably craved all of her life, she pictures herself a cause celebre. She'll come back to earth one day.

i dont know, this article seems washed down. personally, if i had ever lost a blood relative over somebody elses war i could never forgive the man who ordered my sons death

You're not implying that Bush ordered Casey Sheehan to be killed, are you?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dreaded One
www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do the members think about this article. Personally, i think its ridiculous to be arrested for protesting your own sons death in iraq. Bush wouldnt even meet Cindy Sheehan to explain why her son had been killed in iraq.

no use trying to argue with all of the bush supporters here. the ordinance for no roadside parking or camping is a NEW LAW, amazing what money can buy. bfore this woman started her vigil they could probably care less if you parked there. the bush administration doesn't need anymore bad press than they've already created for themselves. i guess none of you bush lovers have any emotions. if a son or daughter of yours died in a war based on a lie it would be ok with you. sure the woman might be crazy. after losing a son i'd be worried about her if she wasn't. if bush was so sure of what hes doing with regards to the war and he steadfastly believes in what hes doing, he has 2 daughters that are of age to serve with the rest of the fine american young men and women over there. wouldn't do those 2 any harm to see how the other side live. that daughter of cheney's can go too. thier still looking for a few good men. some people take longer to grieve than others. leave the woman alone

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The law was created due to the number of complaints that were raised by the neighbors that live next / near the Bush ranch.
You may want to remember the three-ring circus that went on for weeks the last time Ms Sheehan and her friends held their protest / vigil.
I am so sure that you and your neighbors would welcome hundreds of protesters and news crews lining up in fornt of your home, camping out, putting up outhouses cookig etc. You would not complain to your city goverment right?
Sorry, to automatically claim that it was bush supporters of those with money for this law being put into effect is rediculous to say the least.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
The law was created due to the number of complaints that were raised by the neighbors that live next / near the Bush ranch.
You may want to remember the three-ring circus that went on for weeks the last time Ms Sheehan and her friends held their protest / vigil.
I am so sure that you and your neighbors would welcome hundreds of protesters and news crews lining up in fornt of your home, camping out, putting up outhouses cookig etc. You would not complain to your city goverment right?
Sorry, to automatically claim that it was bush supporters of those with money for this law being put into effect is rediculous to say the least.

well if he lived next door to me and they wanted to protest they can use my bathroom and i'll do all the cooking for them. bring on the news crews too. by doing that my approval rating will be better than his is right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It would be nice if you got your facts straight before you started.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ministock
leave the woman alone

She has made herself fair game. When you take your so called mourning public day after day after day, all the while calling the Prez. the worse terrorist in the world and saying that he is no different to Hitler, then she is fair game.

If it's attention that you crave you have to expect to be critisized now and then along the way, it is a two way street.

She is what they call a usefull idiot in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
he is no different to Hitler, then she is fair game.

well if she made the hitler remark shes not to far off. go back to the mid 30's and see what hitler did in germany with regard to the way the country was run and look at some of the things the bush administration has done.

14 Characteristics of Fascism

1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights.
3. Identification of enemies/ scapegoats as a unifying cause.
4. The supremacy of the military/ avid militarism.
5. Rampant sexism.
6. A controlled mass media.
7. Obsession with national security.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together.
9. Power of corporations protected.
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
12. Obsession with crime and punishment.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
14. Fraudulent elections.

remarkable similarity to the events of the last 5 years in this country

[edit on 26-11-2005 by ministock]

[edit on 26-11-2005 by ministock]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ministock

remarkable similarity to the events of the last 5 years in this country

I question whether those 14 points are even good indicators of facism and even if they were I question whether or not they apply to the current administration, for the sake of argument I will go ahead and say that they do.

You think that these things have never existed before in our Government, and it all just started in January of 2001? Many of these things have been going on for decades, not just since Bush came into office.

A few of my favorites our:

3. Identification of enemies/ scapegoats as a unifying cause.

The identification of an enemy should be a unifying force to a nation. Nothing facist about that.

5. Rampant sexism.

Is this about Bush or Clinton?

7. Obsession with national security.

Well, when you have a nutjob in Korea that enjoys making threats about how their missles can reach the US mainland; when you have religious fanatics that desire nothing more than the complete destruction of Western civilization, when you have terrorist hijacking passenger planes and then crashing them into skyscrapers, when you have al quada operatives being nabbed trying to cross the US/Mexican border, among other things; it is only prudent that National Security is one of our top priorities, as it allways should be.

Theres nothing wrong with that.

14. Fraudulent elections.

This is anything new? Remember the 1960 Presidential election?

Election fraud takes place in every single election, especially on the local level. Look at the rich history of elections in Chicago and all of the dead people that come back to life for a day to cast their votes.

All of these things could be made to apply to every single administration that has held power in my lifetime.

It just didn't start with Bush, and it wouldn't have ended with Kerry.

[edit on 11/26/2005 by Classified Info]

[edit on 11/26/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ok, the sex thing with clinton. what he did just made him a regular guy in my book. if the same kind of "advance " were to be made to bush he'd be to stupid to know what was happening and probably have to call dad and ask what to do. the chicago elections where we got the saying vote early and often. were in a time where records couldn't be checked instantly as they are now. sure theres been election fraud recently but never to the tune of swinging a whole state in thier favor (florida) where your brother is governor. how they got away with that one i'll never know. now how many administrations have censored what goes on the radio and is attempting to censor cable tv and sattelite radio, payed services. whats next books?
sound familiar. your right in saying that a few of the characteristics of fascism are here and there throughout history but never have most or all of them become so apparent as with this adminstration. and if north korea really made that kind of threat if it were me the place would look like a giant ashtray right now. all you have to do is kick one bullys ass and the rest will leave you alone.

new topics

top topics

join