It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kyoto Protocol and the Target Year of 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The following is a quote from Article Three of the Kyoto Protocol.

7. In the first quantified emission limitation and reduction commitment period, from 2008 to 2012, the assigned amount for each Party included in Annex I shall be equal to the percentage inscribed for it in Annex B of its aggregate anthropogenic carbon dioxide equivalent emissions of the greenhouse gases listed in Annex A in 1990, or the base year or period determined in accordance with paragraph 5 above, multiplied by five. Those Parties included in Annex I for whom land-use change and forestry constituted a net source of greenhouse gas emissions in 1990 shall include in their 1990 emissions base year or period the aggregate anthropogenic carbon dioxide equivalent emissions by sources minus removals by sinks in 1990 from land-use change for the purposes of calculating their assigned amount.

Now, I'm just wondering something. There are countless websites that state the year 2012 is mystically significant. All I really know about the mystical aspect is the Mayan Calender ends on this year. The year 2005 pops up a lot too. So what am I missing here? Do the Draftees of this protocol know something we don't? What's your guess?

join