It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile Defense Launch Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC) will be doing some stuff tomorrow. Does anyone know if a major drill is scheduled for Friday? Maybe that is why there has been extra activity on the bases as reported by one of our members. I heard Brown got an emergency planning job or something in Colorado, lets hope none of the missiles will go off course. Why couldn't they send him to Canada?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They wouldn't send an Idiot like Brown here to Canada because the current oil-starved administration knows that as a country, Canada has the U.S. by the balls.

Recent geological surveys have reevaluated the Albertal oil and tar sands. Canada now, officially has the largest proven oil fields IN THE WORLD. Yes, you heard me correctly, more oil than Saudi Arabia, or Iran, or Iraq. Billions of barrels.

Barring an invasion, Canada has the power to royaly screw the U.S. Of all people, Cheney and Bush know this. That is exactly why the U.S. will never appoint an idiot like Michael Brown to a foreign affairs post in Canada. Rethink your view on your neighbors to the north, my friend.

As for the missile defense test tomorrow, if there is one, it will likely be another failure. If it succeeds if accomplishes nothing but to undermine the mutually assured destruction theory which has kept the nuclear powers of the world in balance for nearly 50 years. Either way it is a horrible project.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by OrwellFan]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Take it easy dude it was just a joke, nothing ever happens in Canada so Brown couldn't mess anything up. I'm not an American just playing to the American audience, i think Canada is a cool place.

I found out about this Missile thing because i wanted to watch the Falcon 1 launch. They are only launching on Saturday at 1 pm now because of this sudden Military test.

I found it odd that a test would be affected by a private launch on an island and that it came without warning. Maybe they don't want them to track the missile while they are tracking their own launch.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The Interceptor is launched from the same pad area as the Falcon launch will take place at. The test was probably classified so they didn't say anything until they realized it would be a conflict. The only reason I ever knew they were coming up was from seeing the planes that were taping the tests come through for fuel on their way down to the range. And all that told me was that it was within the next week or so.

new topics

top topics

join