It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why britain will get so cold so quick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Us Brits are use to the crappy weather. We only get two seasons. Winter and the second week in July when the constant rain gets a little warmer!

What I can't understand with all this nonsense about global warming is one expert in the field of weather will tell you that as the Earth warms up you will be able to grow grapes here like they do in the south of France, and the next expert, with exactly the same qualifications looking at exactly the same results, will tell you that we'll all be under a couple of foot of snow and are coastal towns and cities will disappear below the waves!!!
"Who's right?"

As far as I'm concerned it's all rubbish. Apparently there's hardly any sun spot activity on the sun and it's that which is causing our strange weather patterns not pollution.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Think of the poor unfortunate souls who are living out on the streets.

Spare a thought for them and maybe buy them a hot drink or donate some clothing and blankets to hospices and charities, because it'll be THOSE people and not us who feel the brunt of it.

So, spare a thought for those who do not have the luxuries of central heating and fire places.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There was a hypothetical show on discovery or history channels not long ago relating to this.

Hypothetical.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerdling

Hey there 'Nerdling' ... I can confirm that Dec '94 - Jan '95 were indeed very white. The reason I can back this up without any hesitation is because I moved to North Yorkshire - 12th Dec 1994 and between then and the end of January 1995, we had so much snow that the main roads into Scarborough were closed for several days and the Whitby road across the moors was blocked for some time which meant for a while there Whitby was cut-off from the outside world.

So yes, you are absolutely correct ... we have had white Christmas' since the 1940's ... on more than one occasion.

Woody

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
This is the newstory on which Linni's rather imaginative claims are based

Are you sure that is the story the thread starter refers to? That story is about 3-1/2 years old now. But it does seem to match up with the first post.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

So you most likely already own cold weather apparel...I think it's wise to attain it now if you don't though because it's good to be prepaired for anything in the times to come...hope for the best while preparing for the worst, it's not a paradox, it's intelligent enough of a mantra for the U.S. army!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ummm...Where does that leave the West Midlands and South West UK ? :gulp:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

I'm no bible thumper, but this was predicted at the time of Christ about 2,000 years ago...how could they have known about this unless they had seen this happen before + knew what the causes were...see Luke chapter 21, verse 25 to be amazed!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

I assume you mean this...

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; "

To somehow link that to today is a HUGE stretch. That verse is so vague it could have been written by a therapist.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If it freezes over there. I would like to be the first American to invite the lovely British Ladies to come live in warm Florida. All the British men can go to Montana or somewhere

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
If it freezes over there. I would like to be the first American to invite the lovely British Ladies to come live in warm Florida. All the British men can go to Montana or somewhere

Oh dear! What makes you think the lovely British ladies won't tell you to sod off just like the lovely ladies of Florida?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
reply to post by plainmike

I assume you mean this...

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; "

To somehow link that to today is a HUGE stretch. That verse is so vague it could have been written by a therapist.

I don't own a Bible...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Originally posted by Xeven

Oh dear! What makes you think the lovely British ladies won't tell you to sod off just like the lovely ladies of Florida?

Nothing but the odds would be higher that at least one of them would be blind to my many flaws and wuv me long time

Seriously though, I wonder what we would do if part of the world became uninhabitable. What would the world do with all the displaced peoples.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

"Nothing but the odds would be higher that at least one of them would be blind to my many flaws and wuv me long time

Seriously though, I wonder what we would do if part of the world became uninhabitable. What would the world do with all the displaced peoples. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Well You've got to applaud your tenacity. I read my original post and realise it came off a bit harsh. Sorry about that.
As for what we would do if the northern hemisphere became uninhabitable. . . I guess we would all move south! Just in case it does happen, have you got a spare room and what would the rent be?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi all -

I suggest looking back at historical weather patterns....
Research has shown that there are fairly regular "small cycles" between warmer and cooler over 10's to a few hundred of years; and much more dramatic cyles over 1000's of years......

I will hunt out some data from bonefide sources if anyone is interested.
The Earth is doing its cycles whatever mankind does....

- Global warming ? the earth warmed up from the 70's to 2002-ish and then has been consistantly cooling the last few years, ice at the poles is getting thicker again (much to the upset of those who said the artic would be ice free this summer) - and there is loads of data to show it, there is too much tax to be gained from climate taxes etc for the data to be governmenatly accepted. Also the Earth is loads cooler now that it was a few hundred years ago according to data I have seen from reputable sources. We have just gone through a perfectly normal small warming cycle over the last 40 years, and now cooling for a while (a few 10's of years) before it warms again.
People also forget that one really good volcano makes our emmisions insignificant.... We have had a quiet volcanic time, just wait until the next big eruption... likely to cause extra cooling for a few years as well...

Oceans reaching CO2 saturation is a big issue, and I suggest that the lack of forest to consume CO2 is the real problem !

I suspect that we will be using jack-hammers to dig turnips out of the frozen ground again within 20 years, just as it was after WWII when the weather turned extreamly cold and the sea froze at various places around the UK.

If you do not believe me -- look at the published scientific records and measurements and look at the trends... We are going through perfectly normal cycles....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join