It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coast to coast am and OBL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was listening to coast to coast am with George Noory the other night and heard his guest: Jim Marrs, say that Osama Bin Laden toured the USA and went to US military bases and visited the White House in the 1980's under the CIA name Tim Osmund in order to get support for the resistance against the soviets in afghanistan. what do you guys think??? I am undecided yet.

I alos heard al-qadea meant The Base in english and was named after the CIA's terrorist database.

feedback please

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nb25I alos heard al-qadea meant The Base in english and was named after the CIA's terrorist database.
feedback please

I don't know about OBL touring the states, but nothing would suprise me. With regards to al-Qaeda being the CIA database, I have also heard this, and you can look at various websites talking about this here.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I actually thought "the base" was a reference to the database that bin Laden kept of Mujahadeen fighters who could later be recruited from around the world to fight in any Jihad. He actually has a very well-kept database of names, contact information, etc. that includes thousands and thousands of fighters who passed through his camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan when fighting the Soviets.

I've heard that bin Laden may have some point been in the US, but I doubt there's any proof.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Al-Qaida, literally 'the database,' was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians," admits former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook, whose Foreign Office portfolio included control of British Intelligence Agency MI-6 and the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), in a column published by the UK Guardian newspaper.

I don't know how accurate this is, but it's out there. NO mention from this link about the database being from the CIA, however, I'm sure I have read that elsewhere. [Helpful eh?]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
thanks guys for all of your input on this topic.

i also heard that exactly a year before 9-11 dick cheney was quoted a s saying that it would take another catastrophic attack on amaerica like pearl harbor to get americans to support another war.
he got it hunh?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am not sure about osama bin laden being in the states in the 80s, but the bush family has had business dealings with the Bin Laden group for decades. as seen in the micheal moore movie "FAHRENHEIT 911"

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nb25
thanks guys for all of your input on this topic.

i also heard that exactly a year before 9-11 dick cheney was quoted a s saying that it would take another catastrophic attack on amaerica like pearl harbor to get americans to support another war.
he got it hunh?

Not specificaly Dick Cheney, but both a book and "think thank" he is affiliated with.

This and other things were stated in PNAC's plan, PNAC being "the Project for the New American Century" which can be found here www.newamericancentury.org....

PNAC's Statement of Principles is signed by the following people:

Elliott Abrams
Gary Bauer
William J. Bennett
Jeb Bush
Dick Cheney
Eliot A. Cohen
Midge Decter
Paula Dobriansky
Steve Forbes
Aaron Friedberg
Francis Fukuyama
Frank Gaffney
Fred C. Ikle
Donald Kagan
Zalmay Khalilzad
I. Lewis Libby
Norman Podhoretz
Dan Quayle
Peter W. Rodman
Stephen P. Rosen
Henry S. Rowen
Donald Rumsfeld
Vin Weber
George Weigel
Paul Wolfowitz

Each and every one of these people that are member/supporter of PNAC are die hard Neocons who held positions in the Reagan and the Bush Senior administrations or in many cases currently hold high positions in the current Bush administration. Many also involved in scandals ranging from Iran-Contra, the Abu-Graib Prison Abuse and currently, Libby is very well known for the Natalie Plame leak.

Many of them that currently aren't publicly involved in politics are involved in company's like Haliburton, Monsanto, all the Oil company's, all the Weapons and War industries and so on.

And in the book "The Grand Chessboard - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives" by Zbigniew Brzezinski (en.wikipedia.org...) the line you said in your post is used to the letter when discussing america's supremacy and rule over the resources of the world. Zbigniew was National Security Advisor under Carter.

PNAC is all about american suppremacy and military domination of the world. Their plans (together with the plans outlined in Zbigniew's book) and idea's are what we have seen brought to reality since 9/11.

The other letters and documents sent by these PNAC guys have even more high profile politicians included as members of the group.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This is truly fascinating, I was actually reading the Wayne Madsen Report today.

Excellent movie material

[edit on 25-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It is true

Al-Qaeda, meaning "the base", was created in 1989 as Soviet forces withdrew from Afghanistan and Osama Bin Laden and his colleagues began looking for new jihads.

The organisation grew out of the network of Arab volunteers who had gone to Afghanistan in the 1980s to fight under the banner of Islam against Soviet Communism.

Crazy stuff!!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Why is it that our country has the uncanny ability to let people such as OBL to ture the nation, given large sums of money to help fight the Russians and turn around and stab us in the back and the next thing you know, we are offering $25 million for his head? I guess it is just the American way of saying we are a bunch of suckers.

top topics

join