It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Separation Barrier In Israel!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
electronicintifada.net...

Is it a Fence? Is it a Wall? No, it's a Separation Barrier
Israel's Separation Barrier, dubbed the "Apartheid Wall" or "Berlin Wall" by Palestinians, has increasingly attracted international media attention, largely due to the hard-to-ignore scale of the project.

I cannot imagin what this is going to cause
whats your thoughts on this!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This has been covered a few hundred times in other threads over the numerous months since it was announced.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think its a bad idea!!
also heard there are arciologests down there trying to dig up what they can...before its built.......

alot of history will be destroyed in this prosses
pretty sad

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yep, this whole idea is akin to trying to put out a fire with gasoline...
Great idea....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, as most of the posting membership has written on this 10 times before, we all think it's a stupid idea.
Just starting to get a wee bit repetitive on this site at the moment.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Let me go on record as saying I don't think it's a stupid idea.

Crap, you have to fight terrorism somehow. You can't shoot 'em because they're gonna duck behind women and children. You can't catch 'em at check-points because there are too many Palestinian-Arabs for you to check them all and the UN and Amnesty International will get on you for making the non-terrorists late for work or class or something. You can't leave it to the Palestinian Authority to take care of it because they're the terrorist alumni association. You might as well build a wall. It's going to draw the same kind of criticism as everything else Israel does, but at least you don't have to shoot anybody to make it work.

The wall is an act of frustration. Nobody likes it, but it goes forward because nobody can think of a better alternative. Thousands die or are wounded, but every effort to stop the violence draws criticism and international pressure. There are negotiations, but they fail. Promises are made, then broken. It's been going on for fifty-five years now.

So build a wall. Create a self-imposed ghetto for Israel. You can't make the terrorist stop by other means, so you just remove their ability to reach their targets. It won't solve the problem, by maybe fewer people will die.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
good fences make for good neighbors, as the saying goes. hell, it sure can't make the situation over there any worse. (can it?!)

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I expect it will put a lot of terrorists out of work.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well yeah, if I put a barbed wire fence around my house I assume my house would be less likely to be broken into.

new topics

top topics

join