It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Soccer Legend George Best Dies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well, I've upgraded it.

George Best was a wizard on the football pitch, really one of the top 5 football players of all time. Often described as the fifth Beatle he is a mesmerising to watch as Ali in his prime in the ring. Yet I doubt our American ATS brethren would be voting down an announcement of Ali's death.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope they've got a big Bar in Heaven, because their going to need it.

Best was a legend, it's sad that his life had to end early the way it did. But there's no point criticising his alcoholism now, he tried to beat it but it beat him, as it does so many people.

Rest in Peace George

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What the?!

My inbox just informed me:

Moved to trash bin,
Moved to ATSNN,
Moved to People.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is priceless quote, if a bit sad under the circumstances:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." --George Best

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Often described as the fifth Beatle he is a mesmerising to watch as Ali in his prime in the ring.

Wasn't that Pete Best?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
George Best......awesome,awesome footballer.

playboy and hellman.....thats what i admired him for....if he could have found some peace in his troubled life he would have stayed on top until he died but i got bored of him in the end....a little bit more respect for his (new ) liver wouldnt have gone a miss and his abusive drunken out bursts became tiring. He will be missed and his life was far more exciting than most.... i always thought of him as the footballing oliver reed.....another total,total legend......id love a drink with them in heaven!

Good bye mate.......thanks for the years and the joy....may you finally find peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've heard a lot of people saying how sad it is that George has passed on.

Well, I dissagree. Not out of disrespect. I'm a football fan and he was one of, if not THE greatest player of all time. He'll be missed and remembered fondly by everyone who has seen what he could do with a football. But, look at the life he had. He had an amazing life - he got to be the worlds best player, he got to sleep with countless beautiful women, he got to travel the world, he got to live like a rock star, he had vast amounts of money and everything he wanted.

If asked if they could do all the things, and be all the things that George Best was - on the condition that they had to die at 59 - 99.9% of boys and men would say "YES!"

His life was a triumph, not a tragedy - something to celebrate!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

His life was a triumph, not a tragedy - something to celebrate!!!

well said paul....well said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join