It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran becomes 4th country to produce polycarbonate

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Truely amazing, our scientists and engineers are among the best and have prooved to be still worthy and very usefull, this will boost up our economy and since we can now produce polycarbonate we can develope perfectly in aircraft manufactoring, auto-making, bullet-proof glass making and it be good for medical industries. The only current countrys that can do this and produce polycarbonate are U.S., Germany, Japan and of course Iran.

Source

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Beyond all the conflict, I do feel pride of the people when an accomplishment is made. But wow, how is Iran becoming so powerful in the last 5 years? Soon they'll have anti-gravity and free energy engines on sale for their freakin citizens. They must have some of the best scientists, and i hope Iran can make peace with the big powerful countries so they can enjoy and actually use their technology freely. I hope we do not wage war with Iran because I believe that they can be trusted, yet for some reason it seems we are on the brink of war with iran. Maybe they will realize that they are becoming powerful and that they need to be an example to the world by complying to the US, EU and UN's rules.

But as a human-just like the other 6 billion-I do feel that technology will always be there in the back of our minds waiting to be unleashed. So Iran accelerating in technology is a good thing because the same old stupid world powers always being the only ones with cool technology(and raising their prices to 5-10 times the cost) is quite annoying and to me we are all equal so i think iran should keep it up. I think if iran keeps up technology and doesnt get into war with anyone, they can be top producers of high--tech thinks like polycarbonate's. Then they'll be in competition instead of a threat, which would be wiser for them as they could get funded by other countries than russia.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by Wisdumb]

NR

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wisdumb I think the reason why were becoming powerfull is that because were actually trying and probably because of our history, I do agree that countrys who do posses this technology can be very advanced in terms of economics and military, This can also be used on our missile technology such as Shahab-4 and our cruise missiles. I have a feeling Shafaq would be using engines with this tech on it instead of those RD-33 engines. Although I hope there isn't a war either but I just can't see the U.S. doing anything for now, all is well and thanks for your comments... Also to think that we were able to do something that not even Russia,China nor UK could of done just blows me away, I can't be anymore happier especially for our military...

[edit on 24-11-2005 by NR]

[edit on 24-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool. Did they develop it themselves or are they producing under licence?

The Koreans produce it as well Samyang

NR

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Thats pretty cool. Did they develop it themselves or are they producing under licence?

The Koreans produce it as well Samyang

We have produced it ourselves and i'm sure more countrys will like to buy it from us or we can share the tech, This is no easy tech or something easy to produce, I see alot of asian countrys producing this in the future but not right now. Russia and China would definatley be potential buyers of this kind of technology.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I did not realize that all those countries didnt have this or alot of your technology. That is amazing considering the location and size of Iran. And yes, how do they get this technology if even russia didnt have it? No matter, as long as they have it then thats good for them. I hope to see a country with technology that will do different than USA, like technology being 5 years behind instead of 125 years behind to the public. I like seeing competition and rising nations just to see how they play roles in history.
It looks like Iran may be a force to recognize. Now iran can have alot more say-so in the world around us just because they are powerful. Peace with Iran and the surrounding countries will be a step neccessary for them to try to accomplish.
What is wrong with Iran developing the weapons neccessary to defend their technology? With their technology rising exponentially we are just going to have to make peace, because war is getting to a point of too dangerous to declare.
Is Iran on the road to becoming a major power of the world? Maybe so and time will only tell.
Edit: I also believe that they will become economically powerful very quickly and that mixed with the military growth will make this country rise up fast.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Though is this of great importance to and for Iran, the article's mention of Iran being among only 3 other nations that can produce polycarbonate is inaccurate. More nations/countries than mentioned can produce polycarbonate.

seekerof

[edit on 24-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What is the military significance of producing Polycarbonate? Anyone...anyone?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Here you go:
military applications for polycarbonates

seekerof

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's used to make bulletproof windows and stuff like that

www.americanplasticscouncil.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Here you go:
military applications for polycarbonates

seekerof

Thankyou oh grand wizard of the rummy. My point made well.

Missle guidance systems and Nuclear photo triggers............

Two biggies don't you think?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
woooot. go iran. i hope u can apply this tech to nuke missles someday.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
perhaps they could make a polycarbonate shield to protect them from Nukes??

Spacemunkey

P.S. A quick Google and loads of others countries produce polycarbonate, I think you missed of some numbers before the '4th country...'

[edit on 24-11-2005 by spacemunkey]

NR

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
perhaps they could make a polycarbonate shield to protect them from Nukes??

Spacemunkey

P.S. A quick Google and loads of others countries produce polycarbonate, I think you missed of some numbers before the '4th country...'

[edit on 24-11-2005 by spacemunkey]

Why? is it because your jealous were going for nuc tech and were advancing while theres nothing you can do about it? I seen all your posts dude and they are as much worse as AAM and skippy. No more discussion between us....

You have added spacemunkey to your Ignore List.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is it really such a big deal?

I guess it is for Iranians only, because I've been trying to look for more info and I can't find anything, which makes me thhink it really isn't such a big deal.

My point is also enhanced by the fact that you got this info from an Iranian site.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

join