It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Machrihanish Aurora Spyplane

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi, I worked at RAF Machrihanish for 18mths back in the 90's I saw some wierd stuff and wondered if anyone wants to know about it before I take the time to type it all in. Any questions will be a help to.

Well let me get a few things out of the way first. I’m not a conspiracy theorist as such, I was working on a fuel pipeline (4.3m) this at first seemed odd as they had just spent 5m on upgrades to the site and if that was the case why did they need to spent a further 4.3m? Regardless of this the base is RAF but predominantly ran by the USAF. Security was very tight to gain access to the base and we were regularly searched with an armed guard in a pillbox, gun at the ready. During our stay at the base we were told one day to wait at the main gate as no access to the base was allowed on further enquiry as to why we were ignored by a USAF guard. After about 30min I heard an aircraft taking off (not unusual they were taking off all the time). I remember saying to a work colleague “Jesus look at that” the plane had just left the runway turned almost vertical and was gone in a very short time along with the strangest sound. The aircraft that I saw looked like the space shuttle but smaller. I asked the guard what it was and was told it was an “F something”. I have always remembered this as It was very strange and until a few weeks ago surfing the net I decided to look up the same RAF base. The amount of other people that have seen this plane is vast. Let me also say that we were told to stay away from an area around a particular hanger. This, after seeing a picture on the Internet was the “Gaydon Hangar”. As I’ve already said I was not a massive fan of conspiracy until now. They did fly out of RAF Machrihanish with the Aurora because I saw it.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by jeffers]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi Jeffers,

I am interested to know if you did see anything unusual/secret, particular this aircraft that supposedly flies at hypersonic speed and leaves 'pulse' contrails.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hello Jeffers,

Can you elaborate on "weird stuff"? Is it just strange lights in the sky you saw or have you witnessed unknown aircraft taxing around the airfield.

Either way, would be really interested what you've got to say.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffers
Hi, I worked at RAF Machrihanish for 18mths back in the 90's I saw some wierd stuff and wondered if anyone wants to know about it before I take the time to type it all in. Any questions will be a help to.

Well let me get a few things out of the way first. I’m not a conspiracy theorist as such, I was working on a fuel pipeline (4.3m) this at first seemed odd as they had just spent 5m on upgrades to the site and if that was the case why did they need to spent a further 4.3m? Regardless of this the base is RAF but predominantly ran by the USAF. Security was very tight to gain access to the base and we were regularly searched with an armed guard in a pillbox, gun at the ready. During our stay at the base we were told one day to wait at the main gate as no access to the base was allowed on further enquiry as to why we were ignored by a USAF guard. After about 30min I heard an aircraft taking off (not unusual they were taking off all the time). I remember saying to a work colleague “Jesus look at that” the plane had just left the runway turned almost vertical and was gone in a very short time along with the strangest sound. The aircraft that I saw looked like the space shuttle but smaller. I asked the guard what it was and was told it was an “F something”. I have always remembered this as It was very strange and until a few weeks ago surfing the net I decided to look up the same RAF base. The amount of other people that have seen this plane is vast. Let me also say that we were told to stay away from an area around a particular hanger. This, after seeing a picture on the Internet was the “Gaydon Hangar”. As I’ve already said I was not a massive fan of conspiracy until now. They did fly out of RAF Machrihanish with the Aurora because I saw it.

WHAT? an F SOMTHING? looks like a space shuttle but smaller?

GO TO THE AIRCRAFT PROJECT BOARD - LOOK FOR THE F-19 STEALTH FIGHTER BOARD AND GO TO PAGE 2 IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

or could it be a brilliant buzzard?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Browno

WHAT? an F SOMTHING? looks like a space shuttle but smaller?

GO TO THE AIRCRAFT PROJECT BOARD - LOOK FOR THE F-19 STEALTH FIGHTER BOARD AND GO TO PAGE 2 IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

or could it be a brilliant buzzard?
This was not an F-19 as the contour of the plane was very smooth and rounded not angulated as in the F-19. I believe that the guard was trying to tell me it was.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Angulated?
The F-19 looks pretty smooth and rounded to me. There were two model kits that came out of the mythical F-19. The one in the F-19 thread, and anther one with inward canted tails, and a rounded fuselage.

[edit on 11/25/2005 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 11/25/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The body of the aircraft I saw was more rounded and deeper. I saw the F-19 on T.V alot during the war also the plane I saw was light in colour. Believe me this was not the plane.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Uhm, I think you're confused. The F-19 is a mythical airplane that doesn't exist. The plane you're talking about is the F-117 Nighthawk. The F-19 came about from rumors and stories about the F-117. Testors, and another model company came out with what they THOUGHT the plane would look like, and called it the F-19. The F-19 is not a real plane.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well I did say that I know very little to nothing about this subject but it is a very interesting reply I'm just telling what I saw. What do you think it was??? because it was like nothing I've seen before.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There are so many deeply classified projects that it could be. Aurora has been an ongoing discussion for 20+ years now, without coming any closer to figuring out if it's real or not. There are a lot of projects being flown that will never see the light of day, so we may never know.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well it might not be the Aurora but looks like proof to me of secret projects just have to keep believing. By the way I checked out that Buzzard did the US fly this???

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is another one of the black projects that no one knows if it exists or not. The thinking is that it was a modified, upgraded XB-70. The XB-70 was supposed to be a high speed bomber, capable of flying at Mach 3 speeds. It was a rather impressive airplane, but suffered the loss of one airframe after a midair collision with a chase plane during a test flight. As far as Brilliant Buzzard, it's an impressive idea, but as far as it actually flying, nobody not involved in the project knows or if they do they aren't talking.

XB-70

external image

Mod Edit: Resized Image

[edit on 11/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Very much like the Concord which has just been taken out of service I'll see one tomorrow at Heathrow airport. Hey you lot might have a budding plane spotter on yer hands!!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Once you get the hang of it it's easy to tell planes apart, and you're in a great spot to learn how to. There are enough of us here to teach you well, young padawan.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well I wonder if the food on the black project planes is as good as on Qatar airways??? LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The aircraft that I saw looked like the space shuttle but smaller.

Wouldn't be something like this would it?

external image

The RSA ESA Clipper, a mini shuttle built to take people to space and the moon. A scale model is being made for the air show...and the actual thing will be flying in 2012. (images from of Popular Mechanics, enhanced in photoshop to clearly see details as my scanner broke and these were photos)

Im just curious if the craft you saw MIGHT look something like this, since you said it was rounded, and looked like a mini space shuttle...

Mod Edit: Resized Image

[edit on 11/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The above posting would make sense seeing RAF Machrihanish is one of the most secretive runways in the UK and the 2nd longest runway in the UK.

The 1st longest runway being RAF Fairford which is currently used as an emergency runway for the Shuttle (or one of the Transoceanic Abort Landing Sites as NASA puts it).

If your testing new space planes away from prying eyes, I'd wager Machrihanish as one of the places to do it.

In my book anyway

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
www.islandone.org...

Did Lifting Body Aircraft lead to the Aurora?

The Armed Guard who said it is an 'F-Somthing' probably said that to distract you. The F-19 designation is sometimes mixed up with the Aurora so thats where he may have heared it from. He might have had the Monogram/Kasatosi F-19 model himself.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Browno]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Isnt there supposed to be a big underground facility somewhere in the base guarded by the US Navy SEALS?. Avro Vulcans were based here back in the Cold war, and the runway is so long for emergency purposes. Is the underground facility under the Gaydon hangar?. It should do becouse the Gaydon hangar is the biggest building on the site so there should be a big lifting platform like on the supercarriers that would lift the Aurora up from the ground.

Just a thought like but it must do since i heard about the underground facility in this base.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Naval Special Warfare Unit 2 was deployed there in the past. Here's some links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

www.banthebomb.org...

www.nightscribe.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join