It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq conflict still in early stages, report says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
yanchek, you and Agit8dChop can talk all day long about this not being a war, but an occupation. Even when our Congress and now our President are talking about bringing the troops home. And Agit8dChop's ideas what defines a war are nothing but a distraction.

You say we destroyed the country. You cannot see past your words. It's like being a Rebel Without A Clue.

Occupancy? We destroyed the country?

Have you asked yourself why al Qaeda is fighting us in Iraq? What business do they have there? Do you think it is a feeling of brotherhood? A love of Islam? Sympathy for the downtrodden?

Have you asked yourself how it is that the "resistance" remains so well-funded?

Then you say the US is destroying Iraq. Look at what happened today:

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A homicide bomber blew up his car outside a hospital south of Baghdad on Thursday while U.S. troops handed out candy and food to children, killing 30 people and wounding about 40, including four Americans.

Was that the US killing children and destroying infrastructure? No it wasn't. And I'll clue you to this, too - it wasn't CIA/MOSSAD/MI6, either.

Sure, we have hit buildings. Civilians have died. But tell those skirt-wearing "resistance" members to put down the human shield babies and stay out of the general populace, and we'll promise to kill only them.

Take a look, if you can, at what we have to lose if we pull out tomorrow. I don't have to spell it out. But I will say that we will not back out of Iraq simply to appease the apologists and sympathizers.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Dear jsoBecky,
How CLOSE to the War have you been in Your Life? Have you ever felt Fear of incoming Planes? Have you ever Run for underground bunker when the Air-Raid Alarm went off? Have you ever heard the Sound of Sonic-Boom over your Head in the middle of a Summer's day? Have you ever seen Tanks rolling on your street? Have you ever been woken up by the shaking thunder of a transport helicopter, flying 20 feet from your window? Have you ever went to the store in the morning, past the roadblock? Have you ever seen an attack helicopter being shot down by anti-aircraft missiles? Have you seen young soldiers in their uniforms, sweating and smoking in Fear?

I have.

WAR for you is so, so Far away - something that America AWLWAYS takes to the "other" countries. You have never Felt War in YOUR OWN HOME. You always take it to somebody elses Home. Like Korea. Like Vietnam. Like Afganistan. Like Iraq. And for you, war is just Breaing news on Fox or CNN. War is just some meaninigless Post on a discussion Board. War is just some small-talk on Friday night with a couple of beers. War is just some "terrorist" hunting in downtown Baghdad. You make it sound so "Cool" and "Easy". You have NEVER put yourself in shoes of an averege Iraqi, that actually LIVES in a Warzone, and has to Survive there. US Occupation has destroyed a Country, torn apart their People, brough up old Hatreds, revived the God of War.

It is not as Black and White as you seem to Imagine it. When US forces kill Children its COLLATERAL DAMAGE - when others do the same, its TERRORISM. When US Forces Bomb 70 SUSPECTED Insurgents and all of them Die - they were Insurgents in the End. Women. Children. All of them. Fact is that US forces are being bogged down in Iraq and will be there for a Long, LONG time - so get prepared for yet another Vietnam, because the Resistance sure will Not end, and US Soldiers WILL continue to die as well as the Iraqi people. For WHAT? So-called Democracy?

I think that Rammstein Nailed it with this Song:

We're all living in Amerika
Coca Cola
Wonderbra
We're all living in Amerika
Coca Cola
Sometimes War

[edit on 25/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I sent you a u2u regarding your violation of the TOC.

I'll admit I never had to listen to the rumble of tanks down my street. That's because I live in America. Your experience is different because your country was/is weak.

But that is all the personal info you will ever get from me.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I sent you a u2u regarding your violation of the TOC.

I'll admit I never had to listen to the rumble of tanks down my street. That's because I live in America. Your experience is different because your country was/is weak.

But that is all the personal info you will ever get from me.

Typical answer: America STRONG - You WEAK.
Fact is, that you do not Know the meaning of the word WAR - because it was never in your backayard (if you do not count how Nuclear Missiles were parked couple of dozen miles off the coast of Florida). All you know about WAR is what your TV shows you. And that, in my opinion, is a bit Distorted.

I suggest you Listen to the Rammsten Song - and listen to it GOOD English Version.

When im dancing, i want to lead
even if you all are spinning alone
lets exercise a little control
ill show you how its done right
we form a nice round (circle)
freedom is playing on all the fiddles
music is coming out of the White House
and near Paris stands Mickey Mouse

[edit on 25/11/05 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>