It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Our American Friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
From your Canadian Friends. Happy Thanksgiving

I have lived on this continent for many years and during that time, never have I wished for any other nation other than yours to share it with. As much as we have our differences, our nations as a people, come exceeding close to brotherhood/sisterhood as any two nations can. Hoping some of these quotes may dispel some unfriendly fire you've been feeling

With all beings and all things we shall be as relatives. -Sioux Indian

A common ground for peace and co-operation. -US Atomic Energy Commission

Clasp the hands and know the thoughts of other men in other lands. -John Masefield

Every man bearth the whole stain of the human condition. -Montaigne

Behold this and always love it! It is very sacred, and you must treat it as such. -Sioux Indian

We two form a multitude. -Ovid

And the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. -Exodus 32:6

Happy Thanksgiving To you All

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As an American and a veteran i thank you for your kind words. that being said, get ready, because you have just put yourself on the firing line.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
And a happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Zoso and Classified, tks for the response, it seems we canucks don't exist for some of your fellowmen, but that's ok cause I'm having deepfried turkey outside this weekend with some of my American friends who live here now. Guess I just thought some may appreciate the words considering all the anti-americanism going on
,anyways have a good one guys.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, thanks, even if my thanks be a bit late.

I myself, even though I am American, born here and raised, by a third generation parent, do not celebrate Thansgiving, or any other holiday for that matter, not because of any religious thing, I just don't see the point in holidays.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the good wishes. May your holidays also be blessed.

top topics

join