It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would your reaction be if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
just like to know how everyone would react if the government actually admitted they interact with aliens and work with them.

I think people would have the same reactions they do to natural disasters etc ,they see them on the news, feel bad for the people but gradually over a few weeks or months if you are not directly effected by it, you just forget about it untill it comes up again in conversation or something. Its not meant to sound heartless but seriously, i always found it strange as a child that life goes on afterwards, like when your young youd expect the whole world to stop when something like that happens, but u realise it doesnt.

Point being why dont the government just admit that there is aliens if there indeed is a such thing and that they interact with them, I think the public would be able to handle it anyway, for me anyway, id be taken back, surprised etc but i half expect it anyway to be honest, like most people i think, i hope.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I am pretty sure I would absorb as much media as I could before it became repetetive (like all world news). Obviously, we here would all rejoice and pat on the back the guys who were correct. Apologies would be made, defenses for religion would be waged as well. Ultimately, the government would just clam up after admitting it. They would claim national security and all that. You may even get that Titor-esque civil war we all read about.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
maybe one day well get lucky and they will set a date to tell us the truth like the JFK assasination. when are we finding out the report on that 2035 or something, conveniently when everyone involved will be dead.

I can just see it, they set a date for 2050 for the truth on aliens and well get invaded by the bastards in 2045, or maybe the friendship is so strong between alien and government that well all live happily ever after...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I can see good ol' George W. now.

"My fellow Americans, extra-terr (what is it again Condolezza? Oh yeah!)estrials are in fact real. And have been helping the world governments run the world.
"And now, let me be the first to bow down to our new masters and offer my unswervering loyalty to them. Cuz, as they say in texas-gamma-alpha-zero-alpha, 'adjhafls'ahjasdfhk!'
"long live alpha draconis!"

Yes, I will also join the Terran Resistance Movement (hey, did I just christen it?)
Anyone Bush thinks is ok, I got problems with. If they came and said they had plans to fix the ozone, end war and famine and eliminate the masons. illuminati etc, then ye, I will bow.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would simply think to myself "damn, it's about time!" and I'd hail which ever President disclosed that information as the best President of of all time.

Then I'd have a few beers and look for more news, alien pics, and information.

*I hope that day will come in my life time*

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I suppose for me, it would really depend.

If they just said "aliens are real, and we are in contact with them", and said nothing else, I'd show minor interest, be a little surprised that aliens would actually interact with such a primitive race as ours, but pretty normal.

If they provided pictures video and a live alien, I'd be glued to it, still wondering why they would interact with us, do to our childish ways.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd also be glued to the TV, thinking that I really wasn't crazy seeing all that stuff....

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Would really depend on what encouraged them to finally admit it. Anyone read Nephlim?

I'm a strong Christian but also think we would be naive to think that out of the infinite universe we are alone.

I would assume that a race with that kind of advanced technology would really just pass on by and wait for us to get rid of our prejustices and hatred.

Just look at the news. Would you stop and visit?

I truly belive there are extra-terrestrials but not here now. The US would keep that one secret until the US could be assured they could be used as a weapon for national security purposes...of course.

I've got a ton of thoughts on this but not much time for rambling now.

Back to the question and me also being a cynic, I'd have to ask what was in it for them and be very wary.

top topics

join