It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Statue of Virgin Mary Appears to Weep Blood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
So i rekon a canny priest could do the same to fill the church.

Interesting take. There are a lot of areas where the Catholic Church is in financial straights and some closings are coming.

Sould be easy enough for someone local to let us know the status of this church regarding this perspective. Are they struggling financially? Are they slated for cutback closing? Has attendance been up since this started? Are contributions up?

It should be noted that for the most part in Catholic churches there are no pledges or committments financially to attend. People give what they want or can and there is no requirement to support the church to be a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
In my understanding of the catholic faith, the Virgin Mary is welcomed into heaven as "her whose heel crushes the head of the serpent." - from the fifth Glorious Mystery.
This is a completely false doctrine! Here is the actual verse:

Genesis 3 (King James Version)
15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The Prophecy states that the seed (Jesus Christ) of the woman will crush the head of the serpant not Mary. But People will remain content to settle for a lie rather than research it for themselves

Mary made it possible for man to be redeemed from the sin of Eve by the virgin birth of Christ.
First of all Mary did not cause the virgin birth. So lets not give her some magical power that she does not posess. Furthuremore her own immaculate conception is not supported by scripture as many Catholics believe. Once again thia is merely a "tradition, " and not fact. the only virgin birth was Christ Himself He alone is with out sin not Mary.
consider the following:

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. (So why does the catholic church feel the need to perform endless "sacrifices" for sins in the way of masses and special masses and pentances if Jesus did it for us as the Bible clearly says here?!)

There is a reason why the church does n't want you to reseach the Bible for your self, their hold on you would crumble!!!

If these tears are a miracle and not a hoax, I very much doubt that it is the work of the devil, or evil in any way, but an expression of her concern for the faithful.

That's a pretty big assumption I can't think of any place in scripture God needed to have a statue call people to himself. Perhaps you should consider this passage:

16 "So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you. 17 Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18 The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes of bread for the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke me to anger. 19 But am I the one they are provoking? declares the LORD. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame?

Wow! They worshiped the queen of heaven back then? Hasn't the catholic church presumptuously raised Mary to the status of Queen of Heaven today?

If the witness of the prohets and those who actually walked with christ and the countless changed lives of those who lived with him and the very word of God written down for us is not enough; what would make you think that a Bleeding statue would make a difference?

"Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ."

She has no more standing with God than you or I. Stop asking others to pray to God for you, Do it your self That is Just lazy!

Hebrews 4:15 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

God loves each and everyone of us idividualy, that is why he sent his son to die for us; so that we may know him intimately even as he knows us.
However, lazy people are simply contentto keep the status quo, to pretend to allocate others to do it for them, to alleviate the guilt that they have.

Let me just say : I have no guilt brother. I don't bow my head in shame in the presence of priests or any other supposed "spiritual person" Christ died for me and took it all away. He's is the one I want to know not these standins. That choice is yours to, stay blind and follow the blind or find out who Christ is for your self. So what's it gonna be, the blue pill or the red!?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Graystar and others:

Must this turn into another debate of beliefs between people who don't understand each other?

This might be a much more interesting topic if we just discuss the phenomenons and leave the proving of our beliefs through bibical quotes to the spirituality board.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
“Log cabin full of taste, My stomach Is with thee, Blessed Art thou amongst syrups”

On a serious note, what kind of rock is it made of?
Is it possible there is iron in it?
If so then could this be simply rust?

If it really is blood then run a dna test and find out whose
If it really is the blood of the "mother of god" then it may be very important to cureing disease, making blind people see, lame to walk, watter to wine and so on.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
looks like her mascara is bleeding.

Exactly - she should have went with waterproof. For pete's sake people, it's black just like the paint around the eyes.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have to agree in this case it does look like the color of the paint, nothing like some of the examples in the links provided earlier of other cases.

It actually struck me that an outdoor statue is usually either fully painted or not painted at all. This one having just the black defintion around the eyes, and noting the color of the suppossed tears makes me wonder. If it were an outdoor statue, did it come that way, in which case the paint used should have been weather resistant, or was the enhancement added later. Surely someone could find that out easily enough if they are in the area?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Notice all the rest of the "blood"?
Look around the right eye and near her hair on the right! Look at all those black dots of "blood"!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
All I can say is I believe there are many paths to God, but only one true destination.

May God have mercy on us all, and grant us peace.

To me, supernatural means unexplained by our current understanding of things, not unexplainable.

Graystar,

You make compelling points. Is there room in your dogma for the beliefs and practices of those who have reached out to God before you came along and been recognized for their piety and contribution to our understanding of faith? What about the teachings of the apostles and disciples and the saints? Didn't the saints rise from their graves following the crucifixion and appear to many in Jerusalem?

Calling people lazy for studying and gaining perspective from the works of those who have gone before us seems kind of contradictory to me. It takes great effort to put personal bias aside and embrace "the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting." - from the Apostles' Creed

It has worked wonders for me.

We are all God's children, dearly beloved of Him.

I'm not saying this statue is actually weeping blood. The angle of the photo above makes the substance look black. In the original photo I saw on the link I posted, the liquid running from the eye of the statue definitely looked red.

Regardless, anything that puts our attention on God and His intentions for us is a good thing, imo.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I'm not saying this statue is actually weeping blood. The angle of the photo above makes the substance look black. In the original photo I saw on the link I posted, the liquid running from the eye of the statue definitely looked red.

Oh, you are correct, in the last link above even there are close-ups in the slides that definately do not look like the color of the paint.

Well, the latest news as reported is the church is not going to investigate, but no real explanation is given. I don't know if the decision is being made by the local church or the "Church" but I find this disturbing, since if it not proven real/fake one way or the other, there are repercussions to the faithful. Hopefully this is not the last word on this one.

apc

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Do you have some examples of "every single report" "proven to be a fraud"?

I apologize, I should have interjected "as far as I'm concerned."
But you have basically demonstrated my point.

I can find no reports where someone was ever found/caught/proven to be intentionally creating these. Please if you have some links share them.

Cached URL

The previous year, a similarly attractive myth had collapsed when another religious figure, in Montreal, Canada--this time a combination weeping/bleeding statue--turned out to have been smeared with a quite mundane mixture of the owner's own blood and K-Mart shaving lotion. The resulting fuss was no surprise to experienced observers of these matters. Media exposure of the hoax brought a barrage of hate mail to the local bishop. The letter writers felt that in spite of the evidence--a direct confession from the hoaxer--the bishop still should have declared the event a genuine miracle.

Bear in mind that the ones found to be truly explained by coincidences of nature cannot be written off immediately as frauds. They are frauds if someone intentionally creates them to fool people and there is a difference.

No. They are hoaxes if someone intentionally creates them. They are frauds if someone claims they are something they are not, simply because they don't know what they really are.

So, with regards to the available evidence, applied scrutiny, and basic common sense... yes... they have all proven to be frauds.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How can you say the "blood" is black? It's a picture, the colour is not gonna look
exactly as it appeared. Any dark colour is gonna look, well like a dark colour, you're not gonna see "bright red". Especialy as the "blood" in that pic is not fresh but dried on the face.

It hasn't rained here in weeks so you can rule that one out also...

Not saying I believe it, but just clearing up some points....

A hoax by the church to increase attendance is possible BUT that is a very popular church, most Assian churches have bigger attendances than others.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
So, with regards to the available evidence, applied scrutiny, and basic common sense... yes... they have all proven to be frauds.

Quite a blanket statement. Yes there are frauds out there, but I beg to differ that every instance has been proven fraudulent. Some never have been debunked and some never will be explained.

Not so sure this current example will be any more than a hoax, but even that will not prove that this phenomenon has never occurred miraculously. It's just one of those things you will never be able to prove, you can come to your own conclusion and believe what you want, but that's not proof one way or the other.

Edit rather than a new reply:

Unfortunately, even when real hard undeniable facts comes to light, like the confession of a perpetrator, many refuse acceptance. So is there really any point in even trying?

Of course I am not denying the facts in this ONE instance (out of hundreds).

[edit on 11/24/2005 by Relentless]

apc

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Amazing how blanket statements have a tendency to cover just about anything with a high degree of accuracy. The world really is a very simple place.

As far as proof... well... can Man fly without wings? Then I guess that proves Superman was an alien.

When it comes to religious concepts, proof is always in the eyes of the beholder. One person may say because this can only be explained by God, it proves it is his work. Another may say that because it is rediculous to believe this to be an act of an alleged god, it proves it is a fraud.

Unfortunately, even when real hard undeniable facts comes to light, like the confession of a perpetrator, many refuse acceptance. So is there really any point in even trying?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
honest question here from someone who actually doesn't know.

What is with these statues crying blood? what is the significance of them weeping blood? by this i mean blood vs tears.

i have seen many stories about this, mostly in the enquirer and other tabloids.. from seeing this i do have to wonder... if it is actually blood.. how come its not clotting and turning rusty brown like blood normally does?

looking it up on google seems to reveal as many different answers as people posting articles on it.

apc

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Of course I am not denying the facts in this ONE instance (out of hundreds).

You claimed to not have knowledge of any documented hoaxes. You asked for an example. I gave you one. It is illogical to believe this was an isolated incident.

My purpose in relating was not to accuse you of blindly believing in frauds which have substantial evidence disproving them. My purpose was to show that even when such evidence exists, many refuse acceptance and would prefer an etherical explanation over a rational one.

This is the mindset that keeps these events in the news. Enough people are incapable of seeing the facts for what they are, creating widespread migrations worthy of a few seconds of airtime, or a couple pages on a BBS.

Usually, the facts are:
1. A statue of the "Virgin Mary" or some other religious figure exists,
2. The statue exists at a location either in need of 'tourists' (in the religious sense) or having plenty of them,
3. An unknown substance is found on the statue, typically in the form of tears from the eyes.

Common speculation due to lack of evidence:
1. God did it.
2. Satan did it.
3. Mary did it.
4. A human did it.
5. Nature did it.

So far, only #4 and 5 have been proven to occur.

An analogy can be made with another human construct... crop circles. Some people like to say aliens did it, with their overwhelming desire to play Picaso in some farmer's wheat field. When a group of humans come forward and say "no, we did it," many refuse to admit that they all could have been made by humans. Some MUST still be the creation of something we have never seen or known. Not very rational, is it?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I remember watching a show on the Discovery channel on how the churches used to use early mechanics to trick people into believing that their church could perform miracles to have people come to their church. I don't think they are using any mechanics but a prank of some sort to draw attention. I believe that this is what is happening here.

The man who performed these so called miracles was inventor and first person to invent steam power was Heron of Alexandria.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by I See You]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I saw this report on TV and the 'blood' didn't look black. It looked dark red.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
If you were God,or Jesus,or Mary and you wanted to show your presence would you seriously make a statue cry?

How in God's name would you (and others) know, or be able to reason, what God would do? How could you possibly try to be logical and justify the actions of the supreme being of all existence? I just can't believe that you're using earthly, human logic to controvert what could be a supernatural occurence! So, because you wouldn't do it, that means God or Jesus or Mary wouldn't do it? Well, then why do people need them if we have you around?

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but if you don't believe it just say so. But for us to think we understand the intent or meaning or logic behind God's actions is just so ridiculous! (and I'm agnostic!)

I don't believe this is Mary crying tears of blood. I think it's a prank. I think someone is using an eye dropper and dropping blood from her eyes. How big is this statue? Couldn't they have a camera set up to check this out?

Ram

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Have there been any statues .. With snot comming from the nose yet..?

That could be a very important clue that this could indeed be true. Or if the statue didn't have that coat on... Maybe 2005 hundred years old earwax would appear...
For not to mention the other places where fluid could appear infront of the crowd... It would be a gasping sight to behold...

And just to imagine the smell... Holy moe..

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It does seem it would be easily possible for someone to use a ladder and climb up there.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

o.p. by CoffinFeeder
What is with these statues crying blood? what is the significance of them weeping blood? by this i mean blood vs tears.

Blood, especially the blood of Christ, Mary, or the saints, is a central theme in catholic faith. Many early churches were sanctified with 'relics', parts of, or the whole mummified body of the saint the church was named for. In fact, if an early church didn't house a relic, it wasn't considered to be a viable church by many of the faithful (I'm a little out on a limb here, but I think the gist of what I'm saying is correct).

Christ himself, in the catholic history of the hours leading up to his crucifixion may have had something to do with this 'blood rite'. All Christians know about the Last Supper, and the Institution of the Eucharist, the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ.

"Whoever eats my flesh (the bread He blessed) and drinks my blood (the wine in the cup of the new covenant) remains in me and I in him."

From the Fifth Luminous Mystery

There is more to it, as well.

Jesus comes with his disciples to (the Gardens at) Gethsemani: "Stay here, while I go yonder and pray."

Jesus sees the sins of all mankind, whose guilt he has taken upon Himself.

He sees the wrath of the Father, which his sufferings must appease.

So great is his anguish that His sweat becomes as drops of blood falling to the ground.

From the First Sorrowful Mystery

In this instance above, blood is a sign of divine anguish at the wrath of God and the impending suffering of His Son.

The tears of blood (if that is truly what they are) coming from the eyes of the statue may signify the Virgin Mary's anguish at the impending suffering of the faithful. May, I say, if this is truly a miracle and not a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join