It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Statue of Virgin Mary Appears to Weep Blood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thinking it was a prank, the parish priest wiped away the tears yesterday. Today they are back, and the faithful are flocking to the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church in Sacramento to view the statue of the Virgin Mary that appears to be weeping tears of blood.

www.news10.net
Faithful Flock to See Weeping Statue of Virgin Mary
Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

A Sacramento-area church is drawing the faithful and the curious for an unusual sight that some are calling a miracle.

In front of the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church on Jackson Road stands a statute of the Virgin Mary. The figure appears to be crying tears of blood. The tears streak down the left side of her face and onto the bodice of her garment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Who knows if this is a hoax or a miracle? The logical mind says it must be a hoax.

But with all the struggles and misery around the world right now, and all the devastation from natural and man-made disasters in the past year, statues weeping tears of blood doesn't seem too far-fetched to me anymore.

[edit on 23-11-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wonder what the virgin knows....This has happened over and over and i dont think it can be debunked at all.
The question i always have is this: Is it a miracle or is it the work of the devil?
I dont know. I'm kind of hoping its not the later.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
In my understanding of the catholic faith, the Virgin Mary is welcomed into heaven as "her whose heel crushes the head of the serpent." - from the fifth Glorious Mystery.

Mary made it possible for man to be redeemed from the sin of Eve by the virgin birth of Christ. If these tears are a miracle and not a hoax, I very much doubt that it is the work of the devil, or evil in any way, but an expression of her concern for the faithful.

"Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ."

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
At least its blood !

Test the blood ! Test the blood ! My God test the blood !

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
From the TV news stories I've heard on this, the Vatican has been informed, and I think they have a process for investigating phenomena such as this.

Testing the blood, if that's what it is, sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here is a link to a long list of know weeping statues.

visionsofjesuschrist.com

This is all very fascinating. I'm interested in finding out if any blood from a statue has ever been brought to a lab for analysis.

apc

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This garbage has come and gone so many times...

Last I checked, every single report has been proven to be a fraud. Let them waste their time, and their followers' offerings to God, testing catsup.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So, Fatima was a hoax, too?

And The Miracle of Medjugorje, as well?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Do you believe in anything supernatural?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Simply another physical sign of spiritual change...it is time to choose your path.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Coupled with temperature/dew point convergence due to the coming of the cold weather.

Church gets cold at night, statue gets cold too. In come the priests next morning, on come the heaters- presto, dew on the statue's face like drops on a cold beer glass. Pigment runs, and BAM! A new dark age is upon us.

Same effect could be enhanced with phenopthalein powder and tartaric acid, even if the paint pigment was colorfast.

Spit in one hand, wish in the other and see which one gets wet first...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think they should be testing the 'blood' before making such an announcement, as they will look foolish when the truth comes out.

I am still amazed at the gullibility of the masses in cases like this.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If it's weeping blood, it must have DNA.

Lets clone Mary!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Coupled with temperature/dew point convergence due to the coming of the cold weather.
Church gets cold at night, statue gets cold too. In come the priests next morning, on come the heaters- presto, dew on the statue's face like drops on a cold beer glass. Pigment runs, and BAM! A new dark age is upon us.

Well first off this statue is outside, not inside a Church.
And weather wise it's not even getting cold here yet, in fact we are having a late heat wave right now (I am in SF BTW close to Sacramento).

I saw this on the news the other day, not sure if I buy it or not but interesting nonetheless. It looked like it was crying blood but....

Maybe next week I'll go look at it for myself, but by then if it's still doing it will probably be pretty crowded, and I don't like crowds...LOL

Here's a news report
cbs13.com...

[edit on 24/11/2005 by ANOK]

apc

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
So, Fatima was a hoax, too?

Do you believe in anything supernatural?

I don't know about them all being "hoaxes." I know many are. However, I call them frauds by the immediate labeling of the substance as "blood" when it clearly is not.

And if anything "supernatural" exists, it must be... natural. Lack of understanding does not determine what is defined as an effect of the metaphysical. Come on man...

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I remember a similar story. A statue of Mary in Rome(?) was weeping. It turned out that there was a spring under it that had been inactive for like 500 years

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
looks like her mascara is bleeding.

why tears of blood anyways, because water isn't sufficient enough to be thought of as a miracle nowadays? that stuff doesn't even look like blood...looks like her mascara is running!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
This garbage has come and gone so many times...

Last I checked, every single report has been proven to be a fraud.

Do you have some examples of "every single report" "proven to be a fraud"?

Last I checked this phenomenon has been going on for a long time and increasing in frequency throughout the world. Weeping statues and icons include reports of substances that may be tears, oil and in some cases blood. Many go unexplained, many are found to be a fluke of natural phenomenon, but other than debunkers replicating it, I can find no reports where someone was ever found/caught/proven to be intentionally creating these. Please if you have some links share them.

Bear in mind that the ones found to be truly explained by coincidences of nature cannot be written off immediately as frauds. They are frauds if someone intentionally creates them to fool people and there is a difference. What I find interesting to pursue regarding these cases would be trying to find cases of non-religious objects that have developed the same phenomenon (on their own, not because someone recreated it) to discern if in fact, even when nature can explain it, could it still be a sign.

The pictures of the statue in question do not strike me as blood, but it may be the lighting of the pictures. It also seems to me that plenty of people who are in the medical or laboratory field could test this substance on their own rather than wait for official findings. (Can't things like iron, cholesterol and blood type be done instantaneously with a drop or am I wrong about this?)

Regardless of how this particular incident turns out, there are other things even more fascinating than weeping icons. Such as Eucharistic miracles.

www.therealpresence.org...

These are cases where the eucharist has physically changed from mere wafers of wheat into blood or even flesh. Some of these have not been debunked and some have in fact been proven to have no earthly explanation. There are two interesting recurring themes of these miracles, one involves the occurrance when the priest performing the mass doubts the true nature (as believed by the Catholic Church) of the sacrament he is performing. The second involves the fact that in every case where there is an unexplained transformation into actual blood or flesh (often found to be cardiac by the way) that the blood type is consistently found to be the same - AB - I believe one of the less common blood types.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I`m not saying this is not a miracle,but....
If you were God,or Jesus,or Mary and you wanted to show your presence would you seriously make a statue cry? Or maybe somthing bigger -like world peace?I just cant help thinking that this is to draw more folk to the church where the statue is...
We had a local chap who had a vision of the virgin mary in a field near the church,got in the newspapers,lots of people came to look at the field etc.Turns out the guy was a bit simple,and was worried that he was late home,so he may well have invented the whole thing...So i rekon a canny priest could do the same to fill the church.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I`m not saying this is not a miracle,but....
If you were God,or Jesus,or Mary and you wanted to show your presence would you seriously make a statue cry? Or maybe somthing bigger -like world peace?I just cant help thinking that this is to draw more folk to the church where the statue is...

Amen! Kind of reminds of the logic behind why aliens would travel light years through interstellar space to make crop circles.

I really think all these Catholic "miracles" of images of the virgin Mary in water stains and stuff like this are at best jokes and at worst hoaxes meant to detract us from the true meaning of Christianity.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Statues cannot cry blood.

GOD: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to appear in a tortilla in Mexico"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join