It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Societies & Members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am very interested in Secret Societies as many of you are, but I have a few questions that I want to pose and discuss in this subject. This thread wasn’t created to necessarily discuss what goes on in these elite societies, but more so about the people in them. Here are a few questions that I’ll pose.

What do secret societies look for in their member selection?
Does a person have to come from an affluent background in order to be looked at?
What are some of the political agendas, and views that each secret society holds?
In places such as Yale, how do students know which Secret Society would be right for them, if selected?
(Considering Yale has Skull & Bones, Scroll & Key, Wolf’s Head, Book & Snake, Berzelius, and Elihu, just to name a few)

What are the most important lessons each member should learn from these societies?
Would being a Freemason increase your chances of being selected?

Here are a few more personal questions for people on this board.
Has anyone on this board attended an elite university such as Harvard, Yale, Cornell, or Penn?
If so please respond here, and u2u me for more information.
Or any information on secret societies in general such as: Order of Gimghoul, Secret Society of the Seven, Order of the Greek Horsemen, Bishop James Madison Society, Anak Society, and Quill and Dagger.

I would be very interested and am considering to attend one of these fine universities, if anyone can give me more information on these colleges, and secret societies please respond or send me a u2u. Thank you for your time and input. I know this should be interesting.

Some sites of interest:
Anak Society
Secret Societies

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hmm, well I suppose Yale and other colleges have their ways of giving information to the students about what's right for them.

Other than that, sorry LoD, but I'm not sure what to say.
That's the thing about Secret Societies, they're secret.

--Kit.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Can anyone else be of any help to me with this topic?

[edit on 103030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
More on Yale university

Yale University is a private university in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701 as the Collegiate School, Yale is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States. The University has graduated numerous Nobel Prize laureates, Supreme Court justices, and U.S. Presidents, including William Howard Taft (B.A.), Gerald Ford (LL.B), George H.W. Bush (B.A.), Bill Clinton (J.D.), and George W. Bush (B.A.).

Yale has produced prominent alumni in many different fields. The university claims more U.S. Presidents in modern times than any other university, and beginning with Peace Corps founder Sargent Shriver, at least one Yale graduate has been a Democratic or Republican Presidential or Vice-Presidential nominee in every election since 1972. Six Yale graduates have won the Nobel Prize since 1994. According to Fortune magazine, Yale has graduated more Fortune 500 CEOs than any other undergraduate college. Numerous actors including Paul Newman, Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster and Edward Norton have also come from Yale.

Collections

Yale has the largest collection of rare books and manuscripts in the world, which is housed in the Beinecke Rare Book Library. Yale's library system is the second-largest university collection in the world with a total of almost 11 million volumes. The main library, Sterling Memorial Library, contains about 5 million volumes. Other collections reside at the Peabody Museum of Natural History, the Yale Center for British Art, Yale University Art Gallery, and the Yale Collection of Musical Instruments.

en.wikipedia.org...

I find this prestigious college very interesting, but what does Yale look for in it students? Wealth, power, high SAT scores?

-How many Presidents from Yale have served our nation?
-What influences does Skull & Bones have in our lives and the outside world?
-Would Skull and Bones be considered satantic in any shape or form?

More on Skull & Bones

Skull and Bones is the most well known of the secret societies based at Yale University. It was founded in 1832 by William Huntington Russell and Alphonso Taft, two students who were not admitted into Phi Beta Kappa at Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut.

The first Skull and Bones class, or "cohort", was in 1833. Skull and Bones is known by many names, including The Order of Death, The Order, The Eulogian Club, and Lodge 322. Initiates are most commonly known as Bonesmen, Knights of Eulogia, and Boodle Boys.

The females who have recently been permitted to become members would be known as Boneswomen, Ladies of Eulogia, and Boodle Girls.In public, its corporate name is the Russell Trust Association. In 1999 it had assets of $4,133,246.

Skull and Bones is the only secret society known to have a summer home and its own private island. This private island, one of the Thousand Islands lying in gray territorial area between the United States and Canada, was given to the Order by one of its early mysterious benefactor families who was associated with the secret society.

Differences between Skull and Bones and other fraternities

Skull and Bones is different from other semi-secretive fraternities and sororities on several points. First, its current membership rosters are a secret to the public, as well as its activities. Second, it is what is called a "senior society," in that only upcoming seniors are inducted into the secret society only for one year prior to graduation. Third, members have a history of committing crimes to further The Order. Whether these crimes are part of the initiation or simply as a mutual encouragement of peer pressure, is unknown. For instance, grave-robbing has been committed on several occasions.

The Skull and Bones Tomb was rumored to hold Geronimo's skull, which inspired Native American activist and Apache chief Ned Anderson to try to force a search and a DNA test. He would face many obstacles. As a Yale student in 1918, Prescott Bush, former Connecticut Senator, father of President George H. W. Bush and grandfather to President George W. Bush, had dug up the skull himself with two other students from its federal burial ground at Fort Sill, Oklahoma and presented it as a gift to the fraternity.

The FBI refused to enter the fray unless Anderson removed himself from the investigation and turned over any evidence he had, an offer Anderson refused. Anderson then claimed, with several pieces of evidence, that he had met with Jonathan Bush, the brother of then-Vice-President George H. W. Bush, who presented the infamous skull.

The skull was impossibly small, and is assumed to be of a child. Anderson then publicized the meeting, adding that the skull was not the one of Skull and Bones fame. A bonesman was quoted as saying about the incident, "We still call it Geronimo".

The New Haven Tomb is rumored in Yale's own magazine to hold the skulls of Pancho Villa and Che Guevara as well. Fourth, The Order inspires occasionally a fanatical loyalty. Members have been known to stab the Bones insignia into their flesh to keep it on them while showering or swimming.

Both John Kerry and George W. Bush are members of Skull and Bones. Bush refused to talk about their common membership in the Order of Death during his February 9, 2004 appearance on NBC's Meet The Press.

In another interview, when Kerry was in turn asked what could he reveal about Skull and Bones, Kerry said: "Well not much, because it's a secret... Sorry, I wish there was something I could manifest..." and then quickly changed the subject. Bush appointed around 11 Skull and Bones members to his Administration in his first term.

Links: www.crystalinks.com...
www.parascope.com...

[edit on 093030p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 013030p://444 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

new topics

top topics

join