It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fly over :: optical illusion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Is this just an optical illusion or what?

media.putfile.com...

If you did not get it look at the end as the Jet passes "into" the sky boxes...
...bizarre huh??

So people really did see a jet hit the pentagon.. or did they?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hmmm that's pretty interesting!

Is there any more info on this clip? Obviously could be just faked but I'll keep my mind open till we know more...

Thanx for posting this.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Weird. I guess it is an optical illusion. Here is the same event from a different angle.

media.putfile.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'd say that it was caused by the angle you were looking at the flyby. Being that low looking up at that angle caused it to look that way.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's just the angle of the shot. You can see that the plane does in fact go behind the upper railing or whatever that is at the top, but is blocked out as soon as it goes behind the roof.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That is just ONE CRAZY ANGLE don't you think.

The first time I saw that I said...what a fake, then after looking at it in furtehr detail, I concluded a very good optical illusion.

Great find and post!

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think it's doctored. I don't know anything at all about doctoring video, but this shot certainly gives me that impression.

Also, how this relates to the Pentagon and 9/11 escapes me.

[edit on 2005/12/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's not doctored. I first heard about this from someone who was at the game, and saw this exact same thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's not doctored. I first heard about this from someone who was at the game, and saw this exact same thing.

Yeah GradyPhilpott what Zaphord siad.. It is not doctored check out the video from a diffrent angle from Umbrax post.

Weird. I guess it is an optical illusion. Here is the same event from a different angle.

media.putfile.com...

It is intresting to see in the above video how really high he is..

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I agree. It's the grate at the top that gives the illusion and the cranes in the background throw the perspective off.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Also, how this relates to the Pentagon and 9/11 escapes me.
[edit on 2005/12/1 by GradyPhilpott]

GradyPhilpott,

There is this "old theory" and not proven that the path of the jet that hit the pentagon lines up with a runway on the opposite side of the pentagon; That the jet over shot the pentagon and landed on the runway safely on the other side out of sight. If someone was at ground level saw the jet fly towards the pentagon followed by an explosion. One could conclude the jet smashed into the building (from the video illusion) when actually explosives or a missal caused the explosion. All this would have to of been done in a perfect unison to give the illusion.

Jet flies over pentagon; followed by explosion; jet lands on run way on opposite side... Everyone's attention is on the explosion. lol sort of like the ending to "Swordfish" hehe

[edit on 1-12-2005 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, I hadn't heard that theory, but that still leaves the question of the passengers on that plane. I guess they could be at Area 51 doing domestic chores for the aliens there.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like the fighter pilots were hot on the terrorists ass in the boeing!

Why couldnt they follow a Boeing on 911 like they did the day of that ball game!

pieces of my family would still be alive!!!

#ing military orders!!!

30 min no jets on strike... must have been a military order

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Gee, maybe because they were part of the flyover.
Noooo, that's just too easy isn't it. It's much better to blame the military for what happened instead of the politicians who hamstring them, and slash their budgets and expect them to do the same mission with a lot less.

top topics

join