It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Humming Noise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well? It's been a while since the last post.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I might know what it is.

In the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, when the sun rises in a scene, you hear a high pitched noise as soon as the sun is visible.

So maybe the people who made the film, knew it was from the sun and recreated it in the movie?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Regardless,
it's something some people have experienced and might want to be more conscious of in the future. Not knowing the ways of how our experiences can be alike. Kinda like connecting the invisible dots of power unforeseen by many in this macrocosm. Just taking a little step a little piece of the time to find out how we all connect in this world. For if there was extreme seperation of 'self' in this world we'd be in a locked down, militarized martial law zone each reinforced to 'think' of 'self' with no other choice.

However if we think of each other over 'self' it would be a new day indeed. Can you imagine a world where everything gets done for yourself first and then looking out for another. It seems pretty clearer to me as evaluating that statement on a deeper level... it is the present. Let me take a meek example in comparison and scale it down to one-hundred people in a room together and everyone looking out for something other than 'self' first and accommodating other people first. Each person in that room has ninety-nine reasons to continue living this way. You would never be held down in a bondage of burdens and be able to truly move forward as a society/culture. Thinking of the bigger 'Self'. It is simple. Ponder on other things as well, it just came to me. Enough ranting by me.

I too can familiarize it's kinda like a hum, but I distinctly hear a sorta high pitched beeping in the humm that is continuous like a trash truck sound, but is soft and like a... Oh here we go, impossible to word it to you because what I write is not what you may read, anyway... like a deeeeph deeeeph deeeeph (without closing your mouth)... continuous over and over again, but soft sounding, almost a still sound, on the tempo speed as half notes of music would be. And it seems to last for minutes, but not longer than a half an hour, as has been presented to me in my experience.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have heard the exact noise!!!

Seriously, I hear this really loud humming noise alot. And it always seems to be when there is low cloud levels.

I always look out my window but I never see a thing. I live in the UK.

Someone mentioned that they visualized a spinning UFO. Thats exactly what me and my mother said.

Its not in my head, as it gets louder when I open my window..

Its seriously annoying.......... I need to know what it is..

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Its seriously annoying.......... I need to know what it is..

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

So do I, which is why I bumped back the thread after a week because no one had posted in it, and then I get a "one-liner" warn. Oh hurrah. Maybe next time I'll just pray to the strong forces to bump up the thread them selves.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This guy has been experiencing the same thing:

rochdaleobserver

I may even phone him up and tell him hes not alone.

It wakes me up at night too!

The scary thing is...... The noise seems as though its coming from a flying object...

These are some interssting reports...

homepages.tesco.net...

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 18-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Found this trawling through the BBC News website. Although it's over 12 months old, it may hold some relevance.

BBC News: Science pinpoints Earth's 'hum', Thursday, 30 September, 2004

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My dog makes a humming noise when he is happy , also a "pfffffft" sound when he needs a walk.
But sometimes I hear a high pitched squeal , or a ringing sound , like a whistle , and have noticed that there is a cell-phone mast pretty close by usually , I guess it is a good thing I don't hear this all the time,cuz cell-phone masts are almost everywhere,and this would probably drive me the rest of the way crazy , if I am not already , But then who isn't...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Interestingly, this reminded me of being aware in my old home in NY (about an hour north of NYC) that I often heard a hum (struck me as outside my head) when all was still at night. I think that was the only time I would notice it. It just seemed to come from the area, or the mountain itself or something, yet there was nothing to explain it. It always bothered me in a way.

The odd thing was that I took particular notice of it when the power was out, because it seemed to me there had to be a source of it. Hearing it when the power went out confirmed it was not something in the house or nearby running. I will always wonder what it was, and now that I live in another state and it isn't there, I have to assume it wasn't me. guess I'll just never know.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Televisions, computers and other devices generating RF interference frequently make a humming sound. I've never heard a humming sound outdoors that I've been unable to attribute to the sound of roads, aircraft or industrial activity. Whoever hears this, can you say what frequency this sound is at, and what waveform it is, or can you provide a recording?

I checked the HAARP official website, and according to them HAARP uses higher frequencies. Of course, they are likely to be omitting to mention any lower frequencies, as there is bound to be a rumble around the HAARP site. As an example of very high (inaudible) frequencies, see if you can hear the humming when you tune in to FM radio. FM radio channels also carry secret VHF subcarrier waves at about 100khz. People supposedly can never hear anything above 20khz.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How can we record it? No one in my Family hears it when I do so I doubt a microphone could.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It has been proven that mics cannot pickup the hum. Perhaps this is because we're not actually hearing the noise.

Perhaps something is triggering the part of the brain that processes sound. A radiowave signal perhaps? Maybe vibrations at a certain Mhz that are so low it triggers an effect in the brain?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am wondering if everyone is talking about the same thing here. Some people seem to be talking about a hum that seems to be more "internal".

The hum I speak about, and am curious about, is a hum I have heard in places with no explanation, and that do not occur elsewhere, it is "external" from me.

Is anyone else talking about what I am talking about?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The hum I'm talking about is the Taos Hum/Bristol Hum.

Brief description of what I started the thread over is here which I finally found at Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay factory - yes, that is what I am talking about. As I said previously I experienced this where I used to live.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I actually get this regularly. No one else can hear it, and sometimes it is incredibly maddening and other times its just painful. Painful to the point I want to black out... but I notice it happens most when I'm not around electricity. I don't know if you guys get this feeling but when i'm like within 20 feet of something that pulls enough juice (a tv, a computer, a halogen light, pretty much anything that isn't on batteries or solar) I can literally feel it and within 10 feet I can sometimes hear it. There are a few things that I can't handle being in the same room as me and others that HAVE to be there or else the ringing starts. My motorola cellphone charger cannot be on the same side of the room as me b/c it makes my teeth grind, and my laptop has to be on and fully powered up next to my bed when I go to sleep. My fam and friends tell me its psychological but most of the time I'll walk into my place and can tell if my roommate is home the instant I hit the door b/c I can feel everything that is on in his room across our townhouse. Maybe I'm just weird or addicted to electricity.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad
Does anyone else experience a mild humming noise sometimes?

I've read about cases, where people have experienced humming (not tinnitus) so bad, it's has driven them insane. Even reports of people leaving suicide notes with hints of this humming noise driving them mad.

Where does this hum come from?

I read articles about HAARP. Could this 20 year experiment have something to do with it? People with ultra sensitive hearing being affected? We have "super tasters", people with an exceptional sense of taste, why not hearing?

Does anyone know if wildlife are affected in any way at all?

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 23/11/2005 by FactoryLad]

It might be a chemical from diet coke or dr pepper? it might be from Aspartame, this is just a guess though, it could be a bug going around.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
When it's silent, no sound from outside or inside or anything, I hear this hum and it stops me from actually hearing silence.

I've had it for as long as I can remember and I always thought it was normal. Is it the taos hum?

It happens in the car, in the house, not outside though because there's always sound from cars and wind, etc.

same here

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Could the humming noise be a result of fillings in our teeth? After eating a meal, the acid in our mouths plus the fillings create a very small electrical charge...Very small I might add.

Mythbusters dealt with a case reagrding Lucille Ball who could hear, what she described as, "morse code" in her head.

The Mythbusters Fan Club website has a brief synopsis of the episode here at the bottom of the page.

Believing the Lucy was in fact feeling a galvanic reaction, a situation when two dissimilar metals and the solution of saliva allowed small amounts of electric current to build up and then discharge allowing the person to believe they were hearing Morse code, Adam and Jamie set the teeth with the two different fillings in vinegar. The level of acidity should make and excellent conductor and would be about the acid level of saliva after a meal.

Although the myth was busted, it was shown that fillings can generate a current in the right circumstances.

Could this be what some people hear? Filling aren't that uncommon...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
this was happening before I got my fillings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join