It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Humming Noise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't know if this is related or not, but I hear high toned beeps. The best way to describe it would be like a trash truck backing up sound. Does anyone else hear them this way? I do believe I am hearing this internally as I would take out my hearing aids (yes, 32 yrs. old and I do have hearing aids) and it would still be the same volume.

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep... would run generally, a couple minutes.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very occassionally when I'm in bed of a night, I'll hear a very distinctive, short, low "bleep" noise. I've always checked around when this happens, mobile phone off, all electrical items turned off and my watch doesn't make any sounds either.

I've often wondered if it's my imagination, however, it's always the same noise and sounds electronically generated than anything else.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have the noise and tinnitus has been ruled out. Also at 42, I still have extremely good hearing and can hear a car up the road. My husband and his friend are gobsmacked by my hearing.

Loud noises and certain pitches I can't tolerate.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The only thing I can recommand to all of you is Antivert..It is a miracle drug and I suffered miserably.
Imagine having the hum, and being a watchmaker..I could not hear ticking for the horrid noise..
Do whatever you can to get an Antivert prescription,, has no side effects that I know of..bless you all.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have infrequently heard what sounds like a low frequency diesel engine "throbbing" noise. There is no specific location or direction associated with it, it appears to be the same strangth everywhere. Putting a pillow over the head doesn't help, which suggests that it is not really acoustic in nature, but some other method of transmission at work.

there was a device invented by Dr. Patrick Flannagan previously called the "neurophone" which bypassed the ear and produced "sound" directly to the brain...sometime around the late '60's I believe. Perhaps this phenomenon uses the same mechanism in its production, but on a larger scale. The device used high voltage/frequency signal that came from a saturated amplifier. The original device distorted the signal considerably, but presumably it could be improved. The output was fed to two steel mesh pads, insulated with a plastic coating on the outside of the skull.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I hear hummmmsss,

and they tell me to do things...

bad things....

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ive been living in alaska (Fairbanks) for over 4 years. Ive never heard the humming or heard of anyone here havinf that prob. The only odd thing thats happened is that Ill lose hearing in one ear and hear what sounds like a high pitched tone.....usually only last for a few seconds.

Didnt think anything about it until now....might have to ask some of my friends if they have had and thing like this happen to them.

**edited for screwup

[edit on 1-12-2005 by SoldierX]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
oh yes...that goddamn humming....I get it here in massachusetts too all the time....very low pitched non wavering hum.....always sounds like a diesel idleing next door.....comes on strong for about 10min-30min and stops.....(I live in a rural area so idleing diesels are almost non-existant in my area)......another thing I have noticed is TV interference.......shows just freezing like turning on pause on a VCR.....and random snow that appears, intensifies then stops as quickly as it came......and the snow appears at the same time (roughly 6pm) every night....its like being back in the 60's.......I bitched at the cable company but they say they can't find the problem........of course I have had the entire electrical system in my house checked with no issue and NO one nearby has any transmitting equipment (I.E. ham radio...etc) could it be proof of Scalar EM ?? weather manipulation ?? solar activity ??

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoldierX
Ive been living in alaska (Fairbanks) for over 4 years. Ive never heard the humming or heard of anyone here havinf that prob. The only odd thing thats happened is that Ill lose hearing in one ear and hear what sounds like a high pitched tone.....usually only last for a few seconds.

Didnt think anything about it until now....might have to ask some of my friends if they have had and thing like this happen to them.

**edited for screwup

[edit on 1-12-2005 by SoldierX]

I get that loss of hearing w/ buzz for a few seconds too! I thought I was like a mutant or something and was the only one who got it, thank god someone else does too, its very annoying when it happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
SoldierX has hit the nail on the head for me as well. Loss of hearing in one ear and a high-pitched (I know I said low before, but on further review, the low end is more of a perceived vibration than the actual hum I hear) hum that lasts a few or several seconds, again like some sort of EMW device is being used to scan my brain. Why? I don't know, but I could sure speculate about a few things.

Maybe its kind of like the Emergency Broadcast System does its monthly test on Cable TV.

THIS IS ONLY A TEST. IF THIS HAD BEEN A REAL EMERGENCY, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO GO HIDE IN A CAVE AND LOCK AND LOAD.

Or something like Stephen King would write,

YOUR BRAIN HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTH CENTRAL POSITRONICS AND FOUND TO BE FUNCTIONING WITHIN ACCEPTABLE PARAMETERS. YOU MAY PROCEED.

What do you guys think is up with it?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
SoldierX has hit the nail on the head for me as well. Loss of hearing in one ear and a high-pitched (I know I said low before, but on further review, the low end is more of a perceived vibration than the actual hum I hear) hum that lasts a few or several seconds, again like some sort of EMW device is being used to scan my brain. Why? I don't know, but I could sure speculate about a few things.

Maybe its kind of like the Emergency Broadcast System does its monthly test on Cable TV.

THIS IS ONLY A TEST. IF THIS HAD BEEN A REAL EMERGENCY, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO GO HIDE IN A CAVE AND LOCK AND LOAD.

Or something like Stephen King would write,

YOUR BRAIN HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTH CENTRAL POSITRONICS AND FOUND TO BE FUNCTIONING WITHIN ACCEPTABLE PARAMETERS. YOU MAY PROCEED.

What do you guys think is up with it?

I wish I knew, Im guessing its happening to me because of something they are doing here in alaska. Maybe HAARP or something else....I need to read up more/research because I really dont know much about it all.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought this thread was about this recent article about younger people hearing noises that adults can't hear.

What's the buzz

BARRY, Wales--Though he did not know it at the time, the idea came to Howard Stapleton when he was 12 and visiting a factory with his father, a manufacturing executive in London.

Opening the door to a room where workers were using high-frequency welding equipment, he found he could not bear to go inside.

"The noise!" he complained.

"What noise?" the grownups asked.

Now 39, Stapleton has taken the lesson he learned that day--that children can hear sounds at higher frequencies than adults can--to fashion a novel device that he hopes will provide a solution to the eternal problem of obstreperous teenagers who hang around outside stores and cause trouble.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No really, I'm kind of tongue-in-cheek above, but there may actually be something to this.

Of course, in the case of a real emergency, you should log off, and dial 911.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am 13 and I hear the god damn noise ALL the time, sometimes it gets LOUD.

That invention would just piss me off, so they wouldn't get more costomers.

I hate it how they are doing this to us (well me), what older people created, then they treat us like dirt, give us crappy educational systems that do nothing.

Free country my butt. Anyway, I'm gonna start a thread in rant about this.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
Free country my butt. Anyway, I'm gonna start a thread in rant about this.

Welocme to ATS, JCIS

Before you get going on those new posts, you migh want to check out Board Information, which includes the Terms and suggestions on how to post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I too hear a low pitch hum sound for anywhere between 2-3 minutes at least once a week. As a matter of fact it happened last night when me and my friends were playing cards. Ive always just blown it off as something to do with my eardrum....i didnt know that alot of people also heard this.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've heard HAARP sends out low frequency transimssions, to help basically "lower the communities IQ". Not sure of the actual wording to it, but that's the basics of what it does.

Adding to this, the consistant "Dumbing Down of America" that we've been experiencing for decades now. The Government has been sponsoring the "Spend Spend Spend, Work Work Work" ethic for decades now. Max out your credit cards, & pay it off later, that's what they've been preaching, so you won't have time to think about it.

There are so many things they've been pushing, it's not even funny. I could literally post over 5,000 threads on the subjects that I've heard, read, or talked to many people about, so I'm not going to bother.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here you go:

www.eskimo.com...

groups.yahoo.com...

Remember...if you don't know the words...you can always hum!

ê¿ê

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I get a high pitch hum in one ear every now and then, it coincides with deafness in that ear for the same amount of time. I've heard that this is caused by wax build up on the ear drum. It last for about 5-10 seconds. It doesn't concern me much.

I also have a quite constant throbbing in my right ear. This is definitely a blood vessel near my ear drum. I can hear it pulse in time with my heart beat. This WONT go away, ever. I can only hear it at night, when there is silence. It was maddening, but i got used to it and forgot about it in time, until now! THANKS GUYS!

PS: I could also hear a constant high pitch squealing for a while. I worked out that it was the charger for my cell phone. Its a nokia phone. Got rid of that quickly.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
When it's silent, no sound from outside or inside or anything, I hear this hum and it stops me from actually hearing silence.

I've had it for as long as I can remember and I always thought it was normal. Is it the taos hum?

It happens in the car, in the house, not outside though because there's always sound from cars and wind, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join