It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Humming Noise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does anyone else experience a mild humming noise sometimes?

I've read about cases, where people have experienced humming (not tinnitus) so bad, it's has driven them insane. Even reports of people leaving suicide notes with hints of this humming noise driving them mad.

Where does this hum come from?

I read articles about HAARP. Could this 20 year experiment have something to do with it? People with ultra sensitive hearing being affected? We have "super tasters", people with an exceptional sense of taste, why not hearing?

Does anyone know if wildlife are affected in any way at all?

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 23/11/2005 by FactoryLad]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I remember seeing a news report awhile back about a humming noise alot of people could hear. i believe it was in santa fe, NM.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I too have heard this humming you speak of.

I am actually composing a full 4 (ish) minute pad-cast dealing with my experience with this.

I have had a few people U2U me and we discussed thisat great length.

Once I post my pod, I will let you know.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Try looking up something called the Taos Hum.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thats right it was in taos. Thanks for clearing up

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad
I read articles about HAARP. Could this 20 year experiment have something to do with it?

There are no reports of this thing before harp? Anywhere in the world?

How would HAARP affect people in this way anyway? Its not sound waves. And if HAARP is affecting their hearing bones, then a device could detect it.

People with ultra sensitive hearing being affected?

Do the people that have this humming sound actually have ultrasensitive hearing? Wouldn't that mean that a recording device of suficient sensitivity would pick it up?

We have "super tasters", people with an exceptional sense of taste, why not hearing?

Sure, its possible, but we'd be able to measure it and also detect what they are hearing.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I got the toas hum and went to doctors on end, and my hearing was fine..
Before I went mad, I told the doctor to give me some Antivert and that stopped it, once and for all, after about a year..IT IS NOT TINNITUS!
I not longer have the hum, so it is not a permanent condition, but is maddening...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I am interested in this thread because i hear alot of things in my head. I also suffer from tinitus. I was told by a doctor i can actually hear blood passing through vessels near my ear. It is stress related. Maybe this hum is some kind of brain activity

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hear a loud high pitch sound sometimes. I am hearing it right now but it's not so bad today but a few days ago it was unbearable and loud.
I can put my fingers in my ears and I STILL hear it like it is inside my head.
Is this the same thing that you all are hearing?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
I am interested in this thread because i hear alot of things in my head. I also suffer from tinitus. I was told by a doctor i can actually hear blood passing through vessels near my ear. It is stress related. Maybe this hum is some kind of brain activity

Are you on Antivert? If it is the HUM, you would know it..
Stress is not a factor, imo it is just the sensitivity of the individual, some are keen to the hum, but the majority are not.
Does it ever sound so loud you can swear all that are in the room must hear it too?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes, it is so loud to me that I would swear that everyone in the room can hear it.
no, I'm not on medicine for it and I've never told my Dr because it has never been this bad until lately.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Are you on Antivert? If it is the HUM, you would know it..
Stress is not a factor, imo it is just the sensitivity of the individual, some are keen to the hum, but the majority are not.
Does it ever sound so loud you can swear all that are in the room must hear it too?

Please tellme what an antivert is. The reason i can hear the blood going through the vessels is stress related because the vessels contract.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Read a thread on another forum about this, as the previous poster inclined it has nothing to do with HAARP as HAARP does not deal with sound waves and besides "the hum" has been around for a lot longer that 20 years.

Do people who experience "the hum" live in close proximity to specific structures or installations? E.g. Power Lines, Pylons, Military Installations?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I occasionally get a low-pitched hum in my head, and the timing and circumstances of it lead me to believe that it is propagated externally. It is almost like my mind is being 'swept' by some kind of EMW device for purposes unknown to me.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, and it may in reality be some internal phenomena associated with dehydration, hunger, sinus pressure, or some other benign factor.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The only humming I ever hear is when my girlfriend gets on her knees and.....oh never mind!!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Yes, it is so loud to me that I would swear that everyone in the room can hear it.
no, I'm not on medicine for it and I've never told my Dr because it has never been this bad until lately.

Yes, that is it..Tell your doctor or go to an ear doctor and tell him please prescribe Antivert, that is for inner ear, but it helps a lot...good luck.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Zoso'

Antivert is for inner ear and balance problems, as the hum will affect you equilibrium..best to you..

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I get a high pitched noise in my ears most of the time, its not bad.

but sometimes it can get loud, and my brother heard it when It got loud!?!?!?!

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I watched a Unsloved Mysteries show about this hum and alot of people that heard it think its due to some new type of communication system used by US nuclear Submarines.

I guess alot of people first started hearing the hum after the subs switched to this new system. The Navy claimed the signal was far to low of a frequency for humans to detect.

BTW alot of people claim it gets worst when during US military activity. Then even had a site where people report what days its bad on.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I hear a noise too. I'm not sure if it's the same one. I listened the audio clips and they don't sound like what I hear every now and then. It's also described as a truck far away. What I hear sound like it's moving in a circle, like a lighthouse, but with sound instead of light. That's why I imagined a spinning UFO disc outside in my yard. Is that the sound this thread was a bout? Does anyone know what I mean?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join