It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, better experiment worth trying, for ATS members as a whole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
IF you have ever heard of Gumstix, this may not be news to you. Apparently some people have gone out and used a gumstix, gps, camera and a helium balloon to do this.

This sounds like a cool idea and I know people here ATS have at times talked about doing such things as experiments or building a plane or something.

The gumstix range from about $100-$300, gps around $200, digital camera around $400, and I am not too sure what it would take to make a a helium balloon.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now that does look good, the bit that puts me off the most though is the driving after to get it, what about if it flies the wrong way and goes into the sea LOL!

I'm thinking of installing a wireless camera on a rocket and sending that up, I've got all the stuff to do it - just need to get round to it. I know quite a lot of people do that already and Estes actually sell a Digital Camera version of their Astrocam rocket.

But I do like this idea with a helium balloon, I might give it a go with just a 2.4Ghz video link - because you can do that for next to nothing.

Check eBay for 'weather balloons' here in the UK a load came up, check 'meteorlogical balloons' and stuff too I guess.

join