It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hollywood Burning??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
2005 has been an awful year for Hollywood.

I can honestly say that the quality of Hollywood feature films has diminished to a level of abismal baseness the likes I have never seen. Almost every film I'v gone to see this year has sucked, been mediocre or purely formula. There are only a handfull that I found to be good.

1. North Country (Charlize will be nominated again, she may also win, again)
2. Old Boy (Korean, tragic, original, good - Hollywood will copy it)
3. Crash (technically last year - oscar bound)
4. 40 year old virgin (damn that Steve Carrell is funny)

I think that the reason hollywood is hurting is because there are so many remakes, nothing original to bring to the table, and pathetic writing. The movie Industry needs a serious kick in the arse. To me a truly good movie should provoke some thought, stir your emotions or make you laugh your ass off. Not too much of that coming out of Hollywood nowadays...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think Holloywood is burning is because the creative people no longer have control, instead the bean counters and spineless studio execs choose which movied get made. Also so many crap films come out and make money so they keep making them.

Imagine some of these studio meetings...

Crap Director AKA Michael Bay: Picture an Anaconda fighting a posse of Alien WereBeasts, in Space! Ill edit like a MTV Music Video with tons of explosions and plenty of product placements!

Studio Exec: Can we put it on a Hapy Meal?

Michael Bay: Yes.

Studio Exec: Your a Genius here is 100 million doallars.

I imagine that is how it goes

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think this is the best thing to happen to Hollywood in years...

Video game sales are topping box office revenues. People are starving for something creative. I think you will start to see some innovation out of Hollywood in the next few years. They may be a bunch of bean counters, but they ain't stupid.

new topics

join