It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.F: CDC's Proposed Quarantine Rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

The notion that the government needs to protect a dumb populous from itself- at the potential expense of certain long standing liberties that have served as the bedrock of our founding principles- seems to permeate almost every government policy now.

In isolation, they seem mildly beyond reasonable. In the aggregate, you realize under the right conditions tyranny is a stone's throw away....

It's all quite depressing...

Depressing? Scares the poop outta me it does. Genocide by quarantine and starvation is an established depopulation strategy, usually targeted to class not just race.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Genocide by quarantine and starvation is an established depopulation strategy, usually targeted to class not just race.

Soficrow:

I can't bring myself to go that far yet.... but I am deeply concerned that this unveils yet another tool of potential abuse for the state to detain an individual under the auspices of isolation or quarantine, when in fact the real reason might be for some entirely different state objective.

That does scare me.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
loam - You're right of course - as written, the rules can be abused for political purpose. There's no guarantee that they will be applied as intended.

I am on about quarantine and depopulation because I've recently been researching such strategies. The CDC's proposed rules pave the way nicely, although I doubt that's the intent of most bureaucrats involved. No doubt they are just following orders. I'm sure everyone will be quite surprised when the feces hits the blades.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Need to rant again.

Government ignored the warnings - and now we've passed the point where prevention is possible. So the boyz are shooting for quarantine and depopulation. Which was the plan all along, IMO.

Remember - H5N1 bird flu has been around and mutating since 1959. That's 46 years. Plus, it's spread by migrating birds and whales - and transmissible to most animals.

But the agricultural industry won't even talk about closed buildings for their livestock.

Instead, the government wants to quarantine the human victims.

Right.

Does no one else notice the really bad smell here?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join