It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galileo Illuminati?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard of this branch or of the theory behind it that Galileo in fact formed the original Illuminati and Not Weishaupt as previously thought?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In Dan Brown's prequel to the Da Vinci Code, 'Angels and Demons', he writes that the Illuminati were the sworn enemies of the Catholic Church due to the persecution of science and that Galileo was part of the Illuminati. Also that they have existed hidden in the Vatican and thats where they originated from!
I know its a fictious novel but he does raise some very interesting points...

Anyone read it?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
``

yes, and yes,
to both of the prior posts

i read sometime back that these 'illuminated' individuals,
being knowledgeable in science & physics, also knew of
and used the Lens to project the images of their subjects onto canvas
which they then 'painted' with that unique 'realism'

my view is these individuals, who read & wrote, possibly in several languages, and were adept in alchemy, medicine, philosophies, art,
naturalists,....were indeed 'illuminated' in spite of the church and
the Papal-State oppression which was known as the 'Dark-Ages'

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is a common misconception, the two groups have little to nothing in common at all - the goal of the Illuminati is the abolition of church and state and the creation of a "living god" in the form of an infinitely expanding union to create order from chaos.

Abbey Augustine Burrell's memoirs are quite intriguing as to the origins of the cult and I do urge anyone who has a genuine interest in this subject to acquire them.
That "The Society of Perfectiblists" was formed by Adam Weishaupt on May 1st 1776 is (apparently) confirmed by the documents seized by the Weimer Police, does anyone know ANYWHERE that transcripts of the case for prosecution or the documents themselves can be found?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i read sometime back that these 'illuminated' individuals,
being knowledgeable in science & physics, also knew of
and used the Lens to project the images of their subjects onto canvas
which they then 'painted' with that unique 'realism'

Actually no lens would be necessary -- check out camera obscura

DD

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ok yes the Illiminati did begin as illuminated men with Galileo leading them. The problem arises with the Bavarian side of the Illuminati story. Whilst the original sect were just as they said illuminated highly intelligent men the Bavarian branch is an out branch that evolved from the Masonic order. As in all things this branch borrowed the name and alleged ideals to promote themselves as the intelligent ones who wished to improve society with a new world order that was supposed ro guide human kind to a better way. Howvwer, as is always the case greed and selfishness took over and they became feared and untrusted by the masses but with good reason.
This greed along with the Masonic basis of this branch have ruled the world subversively through members in governments all over the world, banking and industry. The disbandment seems to jave occured in the 1940s to 50s and is probably due to the fact that there was major in fighting within the society.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jah Warrior 108
In Dan Brown's prequel to the Da Vinci Code, 'Angels and Demons', he writes that the Illuminati were the sworn enemies of the Catholic Church due to the persecution of science and that Galileo was part of the Illuminati.
Anyone read it?

I have not read it yet, still finishing the tao of physics. It is on my to read list though. I did read the Da Vinci code though. He definately has some rather interesting ideas about secret societies and their origins.

new topics

top topics

join