It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate renewed for new season!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Both Stragte SG-1 and Atlantis have been renewed for new seasons! Atlantis will enter its 3rd season while SG-1 enters its landmark tenth season! All principle cast members have signed including Claudia Black who will play Vala Mal Doran as a full-time character on all-new season ten of Stargate SG-1!

Full Story!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Does that make Stargate the longest running TV series, now it has a tenth season ?

I know the X-Files ran to nine seasons, but cannot recall any other show running for so long.

Anyway..........well done to Stargate, and its a pretty cool show too.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well definitely the longest running sci-fi but I dont think it would be the longest running series....Or is it???

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Awesome, for some reason, the series has kept up with story. I have to admit, the last season was well, not so good. But what do you expect they had to be defeated some time. Lets just hope they snap up the pace, and Vala was probably my all time favorite villian if you could call her that.
As for Atlantis it better be good.
The stargate series has been great, unlike some other shows that have lost there greatness in their 3rd and 4th seasons.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The reason season 8 wasn't so good is because it wasn't supposed to exist. Season 7 was supposed to be the final season and the Lost City 2-part episode was supposed to be a feature film. But Sci Fi renewed SG-1 and the film became the two-part episode Lost City and the writers did some random pointless episodes for season 8...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
The reason season 8 wasn't so good is because it wasn't supposed to exist. Season 7 was supposed to be the final season and the Lost City 2-part episode was supposed to be a feature film. But Sci Fi renewed SG-1 and the film became the two-part episode Lost City and the writers did some random pointless episodes for season 8...

Now THAT is interesting! I did not know Lost City was supposed to be a feature film.

When the sad, sad, sad, sad day comes that SG1 finally comes to a close, I hope they reignite their idea and make it a feature film. SG1 is the modern-day Star-Trek, as far as fan-base goes, and therefore I believe it deserves it's own new movie. God knows it's one hell of a show and always has been.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Does that make Stargate the longest running TV series, now it has a tenth season ?

Doctor Who is the longest running Sci-Fi series of all time starting its 28th season on December 24th

As for the longest runnig of all time I think it's a soap opera run by the same station (BBC) called Coronation Street. Been running since the early sixties non-stop. Dr. Who would be right up there if it weren't for it's cancellation in the late 80s, though this new revival is awesome! 2nd season starting soon as I mentioned above

[edit on 15-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I love the Stargate shows...and hope they keep em' coming. Although one has to wonder, they are either going to really drag on the Ori, because you cant introduce a new enemy that is more powerfull then them. Since the gou'ld are defeated, and anubis, as well as the replicators.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
good news!

any word on BSG?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
you can have enemies more powerful than the Ori. my reason is that the universe is so infinite that the Ori and the Ancients could be miniscule in the scheme of things.....the problem really lies on the writers of the show to come up with cool new stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the humans ancient, furlings, asgard, nox are only living in a small sector of space doing there thing but there might be a sector in the universe were they haven't been before because of the war between the ancients and the lifesucking aliens from the pegasus gallacy.

they lost the war and went away. the wraith were created by the ancients and lost control.
if they had not created them they would have been much further out in space. and they would have found a supperior race of being even for them.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
where did you hear that the ancients created the wraith?
I am a pretty faithful watcher of the series and I never heard this mentioned or alluded to in the series.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
where did you hear that the ancients created the wraith?
I am a pretty faithful watcher of the series and I never heard this mentioned or alluded to in the series.

he's right. the ancients were messing with the dna of that life-sucking bug shepard encountered, and the result was the wraith. so yes, the ancients accidentally created the wraith.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Origin
While it remains unknown exactly how the Wraith evolved, two things are known:

1. The Wraith are related to the Iratus bug, a tick-like life-form that was encountered by Major John Sheppard. When it latched onto Sheppard, the pursuing Wraith soldier left Sheppard to die as a form of spite, knowing that the Iratus would drain the life force from Sheppard. ("Thirty-eight Minutes")
2. The Wraith may have evolved due to some form of intervention from the Ancients or by too many encounters with the Ancients. The Wraith have language similar to this race and their technology Wraith employ may be similar. Therefore, it was theorized that the Iratus bugs fed off the humans that evolved in the Pegasus Galaxy and a genetic mutation was gradually introduced in either human subjects or the Iratus bugs.
* It should be noted that this is a theory put forth by Dr. Carson Beckett in "Thirty Eight Minutes" and subsequently confirmed in "The Gift" by Dr. Elizabeth Weir, after deciphering the Wraith's language.

Wraith Origion
It is one of the hypothesis that have been put forth but not proven. As you can see there are other ideas as to where the Wraith came from and how they evolved.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
not that i really care, since it is just a television show (all be it, a good one), but according to your source:

* It should be noted that this is a theory put forth by Dr. Carson Beckett in "Thirty Eight Minutes" and subsequently confirmed in "The Gift" by Dr. Elizabeth Weir, after deciphering the Wraith's language.

the word "confirmed" means that the theory was proven to be accurate.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Notice, there are two theories that I quoted. the end piece that you are using confirms nothing other than the wraith origionated from the bug. it does not confirm that the ancients manipulated the bug's dna etc. the bugs could have just fed off of too many humans / ancients and mutated that way.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was also under the impression that the wraith evolved from the Iratus bug and not due to any ancient genetic manipulation.

I think the Ori are to stay because hopefully we'll be seeing a battle between the Ori and the Ancients...They have to come out and stop being mere observers eventually.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
from the scifi.com page for stargate atlantis:

The Ancients accidentally created the Wraith by unwittingly allowing humans to evolve on a planet with a dangerous insect species on it. At some point the insect race fed upon the humans and somehow incorporated our DNA into theirs. The Wraith are an evolution of that combination.

source

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
from the scifi.com page for stargate atlantis:

The Ancients accidentally created the Wraith by unwittingly allowing humans to evolve on a planet with a dangerous insect species on it. At some point the insect race fed upon the humans and somehow incorporated our DNA into theirs. The Wraith are an evolution of that combination.

source

Right but the Ancients did not directly manipulate the Wraith DNA. The Iratus bug was able to evolve into the wraith because of the human DNA present at the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Right but the Ancients did not directly manipulate the Wraith DNA. The Iratus bug was able to evolve into the wraith because of the human DNA present at the time.

yup, i see how this differs from my original statement. i stand corrected. however, it could still be said that the ancients were responsible for the creation of the wraith.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join