It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breastfeeding benefits moms too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is good news. Confirming that breastfeeding is very beneficial not only to the baby but the mother too.

You can lower your risk for Type 2 diabetes just by breastfeeding.

www1.whdh.com...

Dr. Alison Stuebe says, "Women who breastfeed reduce their risk of diabetes by 15% for each year they breastfeed."

The study looked at more than 150,000 women. Those who breastfed their babies for at least one year saw that positive effect.

Plus it raises the babies IQ also.

www.truehealth.org...

"Our study confirms that breast-feeding is accompanied by about a five-points higher IQ than in bottle-fed infants," Anderson said. Within that increase, Anderson said, he and his associates were able to separate the benefits from mother-infant bonding, from the purely nutritional benefits of human milk.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There are many benefits to the mother's. Reducing the risk of breast cancer is a large one. If you breast feed for 7 years, you will have a 0% chance of breast cancer envirocancer.cornell.edu...

I only breast fed as long as I felt I had to, as I truly hated it. The benefits to both baby and mother are very real though.

I have to say I don't buy the IQ thing though. No way to quantify it. I think that is more progaganda. If it makes you feel better though

[edit on 11/23/2005 by llpoolej]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I saw this on tv this morning....

I believe this is natures way of saying...this mother is detrimental to the survival of her offspring...the more children..the more important her survival...one, such as myself, who had not produced offspring, is more likely to get these diseases, and die of...as a less important member of a clan...propagation of the species is #1 importance

new topics

join