It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Terror Suspect Jose Padilla Has Been Indicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Coming three years after being labeled as an enemy combatant, U.S. citizen Jose Padilla has been indicted. Padilla and four other men are accused of being a terror cell located in the U.S. If convicted, Padilla would face life in prison. Padilla has been held for over three years without charges being filed.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Three years after the Bush administration labeled U.S. citizen Jose Padilla an enemy combatant and denied him normal access to the courts, he's facing criminal charges that he trained as a terrorist in preparation to fight a jihad.

An indictment unsealed in Miami on Tuesday accuses Padilla and four other men of being part of a North American terror cell that sent money and recruits overseas to "murder, maim and kidnap." If convicted, Padilla could face life in prison. Two others charges, providing material support to terrorists and conspiracy, carry maximum prison terms of 15 years each.

The spectacular allegations that led President Bush to classify Padilla an "enemy combatant" in 2002 — that the former Chicago gang member sought to blow up U.S. hotels and apartment buildings and planned an attack on America with a radiological "dirty bomb" — were not part of the indictment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good! Its about time to progress on this. I have no trouble with prisoners being held at Gitmo and the like, but I have always been bothered by the fact that they have never been charged with anything. If we cannot live up to our own ideals, how can we claim than the moral high ground?

[edit on 11/23/05 by FredT]

[edit on 11/23/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

how can we claim than the moral high ground?

This guy wouldn't know moral high ground if he was knee deep in it.
Neither would his co-defendants.

that the former Chicago gang member sought to blow up U.S. hotels and apartment buildings and planned an attack on America with a radiological "dirty bomb"

Emphasis mine.
I say, release them all. Within six months they will be attacking us all over again - they've done that before.

Only this time, guys, let's sharpen our aim up a bit, eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well its good that something is finally being done with this guy but it always seems like they were holding out on charging him with anything till they needed him as a distraction from the bad press. Like the ace in the hole.

join