It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings/signals in Indian Ocean (again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There have been a lot of UFO sightings around the Bay of Bengal recently. Land animals around the area and brids near the sea have been acting very strange. Many native fisherman are moving away from the coast to higher ground because they feel something is definately wrong. At night there are sightings of unknown lights. And the surrounding areas of Nicobar Island, Andaman, India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka coastal areas report constant tremors which show 6 or less on the Richter scale. Some people believe that there are experiments involving tectonic plates by an unknow entity. This is a very interesting article from the India Daily news.

Check it out ... www.indiadaily.com...

what does everyone think? pretty strange I think

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not to be mean or anything but your source the IndiaDailyNews is a very unreliable one. IF it is true then it will be interesting to see if there's any earthquakes in the near future.

- Naz

[edit on 22-11-2005 by nazgarn]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

This is a very interesting article from the India Daily news.

Yes. It is. Unfortunately, my experience with IDN is that they are not a very accurate "news" organization and tend to report rather outlandish stories without any factural basis. They're stories are, therefore, highly suspect to me.

Again, it's an interesting story. But I'd like to see it printed by an organization that has more credibility.

This story, fall example, falls apart when you look at this map of recent seismic activity which shows that there has been very little (if any) recent seismic activity in the area near Sri Lanka.

Sorry... that's enough for me to discount the story. The mention of seismic activity is quite an influential part of the story. Given that it does not concur with actual measurements, I have to assume the remainder of the report is false as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments, at least I know about their low credibility now. I kept trying to look for more articles and came across this one, www.ufodigest.com...

I'm not sure about some of these facts, however Im trying to look into recent plate activity in the area.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I found this website with locations of earthquake activity in the past 30 days, it might be able to show later dates but I havent looked around yet. But anyways, does this at all give any credibility to the UFO stories?

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't think so. The area shown in the map in the article has only experienced one earthquake in the remote vicinity in the last 30 days. There have been quite a few earthquakes near indonesia (far right on the map), but that's not where the article claims that the earthquakes are being caused.

Generally, take the India Daily articles with a grain of salt, unless you find corroboration elsewhere.

d1k

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
Not to be mean or anything but your source the IndiaDailyNews is a very unreliable one. IF it is true then it will be interesting to see if there's any earthquakes in the near future.

- Naz

[edit on 22-11-2005 by nazgarn]

I see this stated over and over by countless members, who says it's an unreliable sourse and why do they consider it so? I think one member said this once out of ignorance and people just jumped on the bandwagon with him.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I disagree. I've read many India Daily stories and they are, in fact, devoid of fact or specifics that can be checked. The stories are rarely, if ever, corroborated; and what little detail is given never seems to be accurate. Take my earlier post, for example. The story claims that many earthquakes have recently occured of Mag. 6 or greater in the area shown on the map in the article. The available data for earthquakes in the area doesn't confirm that detail.

That only leaves the suggestion that the USGS data is being censored to hide facts that would verify the India Daily story. Each reader should make that judgment for themself. Given that there are no news reports to suggest that there is more seismic activity in the area, I find the USGS conspiracy suggestion unfounded as well.

Thus, until I read some India Daily stories that have facts that are corroborated, then I will continue to view their reports with skepticism. I believe that many others on this board have come to the same conclusion for the same reasons.

top topics

join