It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best unwanted fighters of all time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Here are two images I have (found them online ages ago, don't ask me where, I've no idea).

First one is pretty bad, but beggars cannot be choosers.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensy
IAI Lavi
Started in 1980 as a multi-role combat aircraft to replace Israel's aging A-4 skyhawks and F-4 phantoms

Jensy

They sold the plans to China who (after making a number of changes) are now building it as the J-10

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They are brilliant pics kilcoo, I've saved them both

The first one seems to bear the Hallmarks of the retouched photo's of Soviet aircraft that were common in the 50's. Such that you can't say its not a fak, but neither vcan you say it is. At first glance though the one landing looks completely genuine. I'm going to look long and hard at these. Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Looking closely at the two pictures there are actually a lot of differences between the two planes. The fuselage contours are completely different and on the upper picture the tail is flat and on the lower one it has dihedral. The bottom pic (the one landing) looks EXACTLY like a Ta-183 but the upper one is actually very different in detail, though it is obviously either based upon, or meant to be, the same design. Most odd.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ahhh, the one landing is a cgi render, it is not as pixellated in the link providedhere which is an aviation art site called wings pallette where aircraft profiles and renders are submitted. Shame, I was starting to think it really had flown but if the more convincing picture of the two is a render then it doesn't look good, sorry.

NR

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Saegeh-80 which was one of Irans fighter aircrafts, it also served as bomber but never entered service which most likely 30 were build. The aircraft's purpose would be obviously for patroling and defending like Isfahan nuclear power plant. Iranian PGMs are fitted with it and the highest one we made has a range of 50km.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by NR]

[edit on 24-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Ahhh, the one landing is a cgi render, it is not as pixellated in the link providedhere which is an aviation art site called wings pallette where aircraft profiles and renders are submitted. Shame, I was starting to think it really had flown but if the more convincing picture of the two is a render then it doesn't look good, sorry.

Ahh well... disappointing that.

But just as well my third year lecturer didn't realise they were fake and dock me marks in that assignment

*Actually, he probably did know as he knows pretty much something about everything - most knowledgeable man I know by miles.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Republic XF-103 Thunderwarrior was also an unwanted US Interceptor project back in the 1950s. This one would have worked alongside the YF-12/SR-71 if it was accepted. This Interceptor was never built exept as a mockup. Pilots call the F-104 Starfighter 'The missile with a man in it'. Just wait till they see this one!

Did Republic Aviation employ mad max fans becouse they use the word 'Thunder-somthing' in every one of thier aircraft? -Joke!

www.collectaire.com...

www.airwar.ru...

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Browno]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join