It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida Operative Nabbed At Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005 3:15 p.m. EST
Al-Qaida Operative Nabbed Near Mexican Border

An al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was recently captured near the Mexican border, housed in a Texas jail and turned over to federal agents, Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, said on Friday.
This was within the last six weeks.

The al-Qaida operative "had been in Mexico, living just about 60 miles east of El Paso," Rep. Culberson said. "He was captured in a little town called El Porvenir, right across from Fort Hancock."

Rep. Culberson said the detainee had been living in Mexico for up to a year, where the terrorist "was taking careful notes on the movement of people, police officers, wildlife, etc."

He said FBI Director Robert Mueller had previously "confirmed" in testimony before his committee "that there are individuals from countries with known al-Qaida connections who are changing their Islamic surnames to Hispanic-sounding names and obtaining false Hispanic identities, learning to speak Spanish and pretending to be Hispanic immigrants."

"And these are clearly Arab terrorists," Rep. Culberson added, "from countries like Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia."They are crossing the border, pretending to be Hispanic immigrants, and then diappearing."

This news really doesn't surprise me at all.

It leaves me wondering how many have allready crossed the border and how many cells that they have allready established.

And this happened at least 6 weeks ago, why such the delay in this news getting reported, by the few who are reporting it?

[edit on 11/22/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
www.culberson.house.gov...

Well it is good to see that this story is starting to get more ink. Here is a few snippets from the link.

Here is another article that illustrates the seriousness of the emergency along our border. You do not need to go to Iraq to see the war on terror, you can go to Laredo. Ask any law enforcement officer who serves along the Rio Grande and they will confirm that there is a full scale war going on down there.

During my visit, the Sheriffs gave me the following information:

A large, but unknown, number of al Qaeda terrorists and Chinese nationals are infiltrating our country virtually anywhere they choose from Brownsville to San Diego.

One al Qaeda terrorist was held for several weeks after being captured on our border and is currently under FBI custody.

Paramilitary training camps run by Special Forces officers trained in Nicaragua and Guatemala operate in the open near Matamoras. Terrorists, drug smugglers and killers are trained here within walking distance of Matamoras.

A large number of Islamic individuals have moved into homes in Nuevo Laredo and are being taught Spanish to assimilate with the local culture.

It is happening right before our very eyes and many don't seem to care, especially our elected officials. This needs to stop but I fear it might allready be to late. I hope not.

join