It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not a fake Muslim: Leslie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Convicted drug user Michelle Leslie says she is a Muslim and will practise her faith with or without traditional Islamic headwear.

Leslie, 24, is expected to return to Australia on Tuesday after serving three months in Bali's Kerobokan jail for possessing two ecstasy tablets.

The model wore Muslim dress during her trial but after her release switched to skintight jeans and a singlet top which exposed her stomach.

Link to story

IMO she is no Muslim, U do not set the rules as U see fit. I do not "claim" to be Muslim and was born a Muslim, yet because I was born in a Western Society and choose to wear a t-shirt I know this would make me a hypocrite to claim Islam as my religion. I am just disgusted at this whole incident, her being caught, and now this.

In some of her first public comments since being released from Kerobokan on Saturday, Leslie has told the Daily Telegraph newspaper she was hurt by claims she pretended to be a Muslim to get sympathy from Indonesian judges.

"It's incorrect to say I am a fake Muslim and that is very upsetting to me," she told the newspaper before boarding a Sydney-bound plane in Singapore.

Well seeing U parade your midriff around AFTER your trial upset alot of Muslims. They have a valid reason though, I have yet to see anything remotely intelligent come out of your mouth thus far.

"I found that this is the religion for me."
I feel that many people would disagree if this is how U "practice" this particular religion/

"I'm a Muslim and I practise these beliefs in the best way that I can.
Try harder or find new beliefs

"I was a Muslim long before any of this happened. You can be a Muslim regardless of your clothes.
uhhh no U cannot, WTF ?

"If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry."
save it for judgement day and tell Allah you're "sorry" U offended him
.... and please spare me!

I can't help but feel she is making a mockery out of Islam. And I really wanted to know what U all thought as it is plastered all over the news here and I cannot get away from it. She infuriates me, so much so I wish she had gotten the more harsher sentencing these other skanky drug-smugglers and users are getting for being imbeciles.

Oh and another thing Michelle, real Muslims don't take ecstacy!

What do U all think of this ?

edit - If I should have put this in BTS can a mod please move it if possible?

[edit on 22-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I cannot stand this girl
. It helps when you are going to marry Sutton's son (one of Sydney richest men, sons) and you look good in front of the camera's.

She posed for the current spring/summer catalogue of Sydney swimwear brand Azzollini shortly before her arrest in Bali and during the period in which she claims to have been studying Islam. She sits on a beach with her legs spread wide open before the camera.

www.smh.com.au...

If she is a Muslim then im the pope. Its not often you see Muslim swim suit models
THIS WAS A COVER UP !. If you had powerful freinds or kids with powerful moms and daddys you to mite be able to get a cover up to save your A$$!

[edit on 22-11-2005 by helium3]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Its a joke, but then who cares? She did what she did to get out of the country. I would do the same if it cut short my sentance.

Interesting that in the 3 months she was in prison no family member, or her fiance/ boyfriend visited her.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
She "used" the muslim faith...
Just like extremists use it (and other faiths) for their own gain.
It worked for her, and nobody was blown up..!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

Its a joke, but then who cares?

Yeah like whos cares its only the just justice system. They should change it to the just-us system meaning its just us power and rich that benefit from this sysyem.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
I cannot stand this girl
. It helps when you are going to marry Sutton's son (one of Sydney richest men, sons) and you look good in front of the camera's.
now that I didn't know .. where was he through her trial ? hmmmmm ....

She posed for the current spring/summer catalogue of Sydney swimwear brand Azzollini shortly before her arrest in Bali and during the period in which she claims to have been studying Islam. She sits on a beach with her legs spread wide open before the camera.

ummmm
@ that

If she is a Muslim then im the pope. Its not often you see Muslim swim suit models
THIS WAS A COVER UP !. If you had powerful freinds or kids with powerful moms and daddys you to mite be able to get a cover up to save your A$$!

My sentiments exactly
So why does everyone look at me like I stole something when I devise plans to screw the system ?!?

~goes back to work~

new topics

top topics

join