It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where's osama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Keep in mind that the mountains of Afghanistan are not a place where you can take an after-dinner stroll. There are Taliban and tribes and poppy growers/dealers and miscreants of all type waiting to separate your head from your body. And those are the nice guys.

When winter hits in those mountains, you better be prepared because you're not going anywhere for months.

Satellites? Ha! They know better than you or I do when they are in the sat's footprint.

Did someone mention training? What have they been able to do with a few laptops and cell phones? Oh, and donkey couriers. Keep pace with us, is what. Not all members are former goat-herders - many are very technical and well educated from - get this - western univerities.

Don't underestimate them.

Where's Usama? It's winter time. You might try Tora Bora.

[edit on 23-11-2005 by jsobecky]

[edit on 23-11-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If I knew where Osama is, I would be $50 million richer. Plus the $1 million offer from Bruce Willis.

But since nobody claimed the bounty prize yet, I assume we don't know where he's hidding. Or maybe people who know where to find him are too afraid that all that money is not enough to cover the personal protection expenses for the rest of your life to prevent Al-Qaeda from murdering you.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Or maybe, there's been no serious attempt to get him, because if we get him the momentum behind the "War On Terror" defense budget gravy train will dry up? Nahhh, that's just too... obvious.

Look, Bin Laden makes far too useful a boogeyman for them to catch him.
They'll never catch him, because they don't want to. He's our ticket to all the oil in the Middle East, and defense contractor prosperity for years to come, at least in the minds of the people currently running things.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
xmotex,
i do agree with you completely. thats why i say that its not a priority and our nations priorities tend to be those things which benefit mr. bush. i dont claim to know it all and i hope i am wrong. i hope we are on the tail of osama and ready to pounce on his first mistake. but i also believe that were the case we would have had at least one such opportunity

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Or maybe, there's been no serious attempt to get him, because if we get him the momentum behind the "War On Terror" defense budget gravy train will dry up? Nahhh, that's just too... obvious.

no serious attempt? might as well explain why we still have thousands of troops dying over in Afghanistan. must be over opium now.

Look, Bin Laden makes far too useful a boogeyman for them to catch him.
They'll never catch him, because they don't want to. He's our ticket to all the oil in the Middle East, and defense contractor prosperity for years to come, at least in the minds of the people currently running things.

they dont want to eh? then we could just yank the bounty as well which makes it easier for Osama to live comfortably without anybody trying to find him like trying to find the treasure.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantfoolme
osama bin laden and his group of radicals, many with no other training than that provided to them by al qaeda really able to hide from the us for this long.

The CIA trained Bin Laden during the Soviet/Afganistan war this as a fact. Ever think that the powers at be dont want Bin Laden to be caught or perhaps he died long ago and his image is kept alive as propoganda tool to make US citizens fearful, thus controlable.

Remember when OJ offered a huge reward to find his wifes murder? See the parallel

top topics

<< 1   >>

join