It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

xbox 360 all the more reason to believe economy strong

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
well the xbox 360 was released today and sold out in MINS across the country people have been selling and obviously buying them by the thousands for triple what the msrp is,

ebay link to xbox 360's being sold for way above retail price

the point i am trying to make is that isnt this an indication that either certain ppl are stupid or more importantly that the economy is strong and vivacious.

on a more sinister note it could also be comforting to the oil copanies to know that ppl are not cutting back on other purchases or luxories despite high gas prices and bound to be high home heating costs.

I was just wondering what some educated and intelligent people that i have come to love on ATS think.




posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Check out some of the prices people are selling them for on Ebay

xbox360

Winning big US $10,600.00
are people insane?

Just wait till PS3 hits store shelves



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
microsoft is resricting the markey balance to their malavolent ploy.
hording the advnaced processing soft ware to decrease capital venture among national asset retainers. and so goes their entitlement to rich intent. corperate enhancement will graft a increase to commercial interest.
living laid in the shade lots of riches will stilfe true market congruity, with larger vested interests . corperate control will reign, and less and less of the commodity will be valued.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't see a feeding frezy like this coming for PS3. Not because it won't be as good or anything like that, but it won't be the first next-gen system. There will be a lot of people w/ a 360 sitting in their living room that will take a wait and see attitude w/ the PS3. I'm sure it will have a great launch, but I doubt folks will be shelling out 4X MSRP or more for a PS3 when there will be a multitude of 360's on the shelf by then.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude on both. I think microsoft purposely made sure there wouldn't be many of the mac-daddy systems available at launch so rabid fanboys would buy a core system, harddrive and wireless controller seperate. More money in their pockets that way. I know that if I do decide to buy a 360, I'll wait an extra 3 months if needed to get the premium bundle.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
microsoft is resricting the markey balance to their malavolent ploy.
hording the advnaced processing soft ware to decrease capital venture among national asset retainers. and so goes their entitlement to rich intent. corperate enhancement will graft a increase to commercial interest.
living laid in the shade lots of riches will stilfe true market congruity, with larger vested interests . corperate control will reign, and less and less of the commodity will be valued.


Uh, what-ever.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Winning big US $10,600.00
are people insane?



My guess is the seller will never collect, the buyer has no prior transactions


Crazy.


Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

isnt this an indication that either certain ppl are stupid or more importantly that the economy is strong and vivacious.


My instinct says it's the former over the latter


GM just released that it is closing more plants and offshore/overseas outsourcing is still on the rise.

Big business seems to have a problem with a "middle" class existing, reasonable jobs with reasonable pay are being shipped overseas for pennies on the dollar leaving minimum wage or "top o the chain" jobs for the rest of us, and there's not much room on the top of the hill.


[edit on 11/22/05 by redmage]



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Look at those ebay bids. Two users pushed the bids up thousands for no reason. That is suspect to me.

Jesus...just wait till after xmas and they will be everywhere. $10K for an X-box.

What a bunch of idiots.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Look at those ebay bids. Two users pushed the bids up thousands for no reason. That is suspect to me.

Jesus...just wait till after xmas and they will be everywhere. $10K for an X-box.

What a bunch of idiots.
The irony in all of this is in about 3-4 months the thing will go for $150 in shops.. but some people just cant wait , they just gotta have it now...



Little Johnny has to have his XBOX 360 before all the other kids on the block

[edit on 22-11-2005 by C0le]



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
The irony in all of this is in about 3-4 months the thing will go for $150 in shops.. but some people just cant wait they just gotta have it now...


[edit on 22-11-2005 by C0le]


not that quick sir...

but, still, good point...





posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
yes those 10k ones and even the 2k ones are def ppl who made those accounts just to malciously give false sales for the sellers, but hte real ones are the vast majority, were the msrp is $400 and ppl are buying them for 900-1300 that is a huge markup on something that could be easily gotten in a short period of time. Perhaps this speaks more about us culturally rather than showing things in an economical way.

Culturally because these ppl are not all fan boys many are just ppl who would like to be the first to show off or brag about what they were able to get, others are victims of their children who they have raised to be heavily materialistic and demanding in a non enterprising way.


Although i dont think this is unique to america, look at the stampedes at mecca and the levis strauss phenomena in japan some time ago. to name a couple



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The normal price for them is still insane.

I wish I had money.

"Oh im........ dreaming......... of a broooooooke, christmas.
Just like the ones I used to know."

The sales of the new xbox do not mean the economy is strong, it just means that the rich are still rich.




posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah, and GM is also firing 30,000 people.


Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Check out some of the prices people are selling them for on Ebay

xbox360

Winning big US $10,600.00
are people insane?

Just wait till PS3 hits store shelves


That guy has 0 feedback points. So he might just be scamming the sellers.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Some people have been having power supply problems I've heard of, and some other problems.

NEVER buy a first-generation system! It's gonna be full of bugs!



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
well the xbox 360 was released today and sold out in MINS across the country people have been selling and obviously buying them by the thousands for triple what the msrp is,

ebay link to xbox 360's being sold for way above retail price

the point i am trying to make is that isnt this an indication that either certain ppl are stupid or more importantly that the economy is strong and vivacious.

on a more sinister note it could also be comforting to the oil copanies to know that ppl are not cutting back on other purchases or luxories despite high gas prices and bound to be high home heating costs.

I was just wondering what some educated and intelligent people that i have come to love on ATS think.



No what this tells me is the same thing I've seen time and time again.
Ppl spending money they realy don't have to try and buy their kids love or to be the first on the block to own one. I'm sure the CC companies just loved todays pull in. And some where some parents will stupidly go with out a meal just so little timmy can brag to his buddies he has a brand new Box at home.

It's just like with the SUV craze you seen soccer moms and others who owned monster road beasts. They didn't know how to drive them, most didn't need some thing that size for normal use but they had to keep up with the joneses. Now you see ppl trying to sell the monstrosities on wheels and gas prices up and plants closing because they concentrated to hard on the gas sucking hogs.

Most of those who bought them I would say can't manage their cash properly enough to live without a weeks check because they live from check to check for the most part. When working in sales I found this to be a common thing with those who you would think could get loans with no prob or have high credit scores. I'll stick with my old PS and my PC for games they can keep the over priced thing they will replace in a few years any way.

Raist



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Some people have been having power supply problems I've heard of, and some other problems.

NEVER buy a first-generation system! It's gonna be full of bugs!


Yup, that's my philosophy too.

Also, if you wait a bit longer, you can get it at a fraction of the original price.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the economy is good, but I dont see this as showing if its good or bad...simply as a hot new product that people want to own.

I plan on getting a Xbox 360, but not until the PS3 comes out, since then its highly likely that the price will then drop from 400 to 300 bucks.


I prefer the 360 to the PS3...dispite the fact that the PS3 will be more powerful.

A lot of people wont buy an Xbox simply because its made by Microsoft...which is very dumb I think. Theres allways those dumb people who sont like the big companies, like Microsoft, Ford, Wal-Mart...oh well, there loss I guess.



[edit on 22-11-2005 by Murcielago]



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
NEVER buy a first-generation system! It's gonna be full of bugs!


Or anything from microsoft...


This isn't proof of a strong economy. It's proof that every time someone shells out a better game system, the masses will flock to buy it, without thinking about what else is out there, or what game titles are expected, or the current state of things. (Is the 360 THAT much better than the original?) People don't think about these things, it's just a sign that people's hearts are still beating.

Besides, what fool buys something that's changed by 360 degrees?



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i think that a "Strong Economy" is one where $$ moves around alot.
and a "Weak Economy" is one where the $$$ dont move around so much.

so; if such a idea holds water; than this would mean that the XBOX sales do indicate a good economy; at least in the Video Game Sector...hehe

now; if you couldnt sell a new xbox360 for 50$? this would indicate the economy has dried up and died *in the xbox sector at least lol*

i do have a theory tho; that if people horde and save all their money; the economy will crash almost overnight...

all the companys would be reporting their sales dropping significantly...profits would tumble...factorys would be shut down ....people wouldnt have jobs 2 get more $ anyway 2 buy goods...

economic depression..

now the question is....since all us lower and middle class people love spending most all our $$$ ; will the fat cats at the top of the ladder horde the cash or spend it?

if the fat cats just sit on the $$ and horde it; than eventually; even more percentage of the $ will end up in their coffers; and thus the workers will get even poorer

i think this 'downward spiral' could actually cause a economic depression in itself; just due to basic math

because remember a Good economy is one where $ flows; and Bad economy is one where $$ dont flow so well
*at least thats my understanding of it*

so about xbox360?
people dropping several K for a game system like that shows me that the economy is doing fairly well at the moment
due to the fact that sum idiot can afford to buy a XBOX at 5x its retail price

In the long run having idiots like this in our economy will bring us down
but in the short run savy buisnessmen will do well because they can milk those cows for every last drop of milk they got



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
I don't see a feeding frezy like this coming for PS3. Not because it won't be as good or anything like that, but it won't be the first next-gen system. There will be a lot of people w/ a 360 sitting in their living room that will take a wait and see attitude w/ the PS3. I'm sure it will have a great launch, but I doubt folks will be shelling out 4X MSRP or more for a PS3 when there will be a multitude of 360's on the shelf by then.


The launch of the PS3 will be not different. All the people buying 1st day 360's are hardcore gamers. The same hardcore gamers will be in the lineups when PS3 is launched. PS2 wasen't the first system launched last gen either, the Dreamcast was. Then the PS2 launched and killed the Dreamcast and went on to sell 90 million units.



posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
PS2 wasen't the first system launched last gen either, the Dreamcast was. Then the PS2 launched and killed the Dreamcast and went on to sell 90 million units.


Thats very true.

Microsoft felt that they lost alot of ground to Sony last Gen by putting their system out so far after the PS2 and they vowed to not be second to Sony out of the gate this time around.

I already know there plan for when PS3 comes out. Dont be shocked if Halo3 comes out right before PS3 launches. I dont know how effective that will be though. I personally would have launched Xbox 360 and Halo3 at the same time, give the fanboys what they want. They didnt really buy a 360 to play Perfect dark or Kameo



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join