It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your "irrational" fears?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A few years ago, I was reading some articles on CNNs website. A story there peaked my interest. There was an article that stated that a "catastrophic meteor or asteroid", one that would destroy all or most life on the planet occurred once every million years. The article went on to mention that the last such meteor was the one that eliminated the dinosaurs-- about sixty five million years ago.

I am not exceptionally brilliant at math but this assertion gave me pause to think. A "killer" meteor or asteroid hits the earth once every million years and the last one hit us sixty five million years ago. Hmmmmmmmm. After that, all I could think about is that we are seriously overdue for a killer meteor or else there are sixty five of these "killers" are heading our way right now. I know that this is irrational but, then, maybe not.

What's YOUR irrational fear?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ther's tons of these things - we're about due for a pole shift, the supercaldera is long overdue, and so on. The deal is it's an average. And they were a lot more common back then (if only because now hey've all already hit
).

My irrational fear? Pi, e, 0.01001000100001000001000000100000001...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

What are your "irrational" fears?

My irrational fears are the fears I have been conditioned to believe are rational.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When I can't sleep at night I sit up worrying about whether my heart is going to stop beating or not.

And I am in pretty good shape too.

Totally irrational.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Simply, becoming a mother. For various reasons. As much as I want to be a mommy I don't think I ever will be

unless the world get's it's sh** together asap!
(this part was a joke)

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That something will happen to my beautifull little daughter and i'll never see her again.....i think only a parent can imagine this.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Mine is a minor case of claustraphobia. Usually crowded areas. had nightmares of a kid of getting into places I couldn't get out of. I notice I sometimes get a little edgy when I feel penned in.

I do get vertigo when near areas of extreme hieght... cliffs, edges of sky scrappers. Kind of like you feel there is something pulling you towards it and you are leaning back even tho you dont need to... which causes you to go off balance which hieghtens the vertigo, and then you end up clutching the ground underneath you for a fear of being pulled away

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Optimus, that's not irrational.

It's horrific. I have been in the store, and turned my head and suddenly she's not there. Of course she is behind me.

But it's a heart attack waiting to happen I'll tell ya.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My daddy told me that there were only two things I need to be scared of.

Women and the Police........Then he passed out

So far his wisdom has proved itself over and over

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My irrational fears....well I fear going to sleep when im really sick. Always fear not waking up...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Cotton wool.

I swear when it is being pulled apart I can hear it scream and feel it on my teeth.

new topics

top topics

join