It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite steak cut and how do you prepare it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I can't afford steak anymore...

Got you covered here bro'.

Something that I've discovered here of late is Lawry's meat tenderizer marinade. Put any cut of steak in this marinade for fifteen minutes and it will tenderize it no matter how cheap the cut. Marinade a filet mignon in it and it will melt in your mouth. Another thing I really like about this marinade is that when you grill the steak you get a great char. I love lots of carbon!

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I know when someone says "steak" we immediately think of beef. But if you're in the mood for something really kickin' and the wallet's seen better days try this-

Pork steaks are frequently on sale for less than a dollar a pound. Buy a big pack.

If you've got a gas grill, take a sheet of aluminum foil about as big as the bottom of the grill. Layer on some hickory chips (not chunks - a couple of fists full ) you've soaked in water for an hour or so. Cover with another sheet of foil and seal. Poke several holes in the top sheet to allow smoke to escape. Lay directly on the lava rock or whatever it is the grill uses as a heat diffuser. Jack up the heat. If you have a charcoal grill, I'd use wood chunks and just throw the soaked chunks right on the coals.

In the meantime, season the pork steaks with your favorite grilling spice (I like something Cajun or Creole, but garlic salt and pepper works pretty good).

When the foil pouch starts producing smoke, turn the heat down and lay on the steaks. Drop the grill lid. Since pork steaks are relatively thin, they won't take long to cook, compared to something like ribs. It's a fatty cut, but most of the fat will melt off or turn crispy. The meat will be moist and tender. When they're done, start layering on your favorite barbecue sauce. If you've never tried Montgomery Inn sauce and you can get it, I highly suggest you try it.

You might want to stand by with a spray bottle filled with water in the event of a flameup.

Sauce and flip a couple of times allowing the sauce to glaze onto the meat.

If these aren't as good as the best baby back ribs you've ever had at a fraction of the time and cost, you did something wrong.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join