It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Honda Civics chosen the Motor Trend of the year!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - The Honda Civic has captured Motor Trend magazine's "Car of the Year" award, the publication for auto enthusiasts announced Tuesday.

The magazine said that it is giving the award to the Civic for all four of its new versions.

"Honda deserves a standing ovation for not playing it safe again," said a statement from Angus MacKenzie, Motor Trend editor-in-chief. "With the sizzling Si, a sleek coupe, an elegant sedan and a Hybrid that averages 50 miles per gallon, each model shines through with what Motor Trend looks for when crowning Car of the Year."

A spokesperson for American Honda, the Japanese auto manufacturer's U.S. unit, was not immediately available for comment early Tuesday after the award was announced.

The magazine tested 28 newly designed models before honoring the Civic, which it said was the largest field of candidates it had considered in the award's 57-year history.

The magazine said it considers three factors in picking a winner: significance, superiority and value. Significance refers to impact on the market, while superiority looks for class-leading levels of performance, style and functionality. For value, the editors say they ask the question, "What does this vehicle deliver in relation to what the consumer has to pay to purchase and own it?"

Seriously im goin to buy one. i was thinking of the Toyota Corolla but the Civic has some fancier stuff. not to mention more horsepower. also it looks better. litte expensive than Corolla but its worth it. the mileage both are similar around 40 miles per gallon.

oops spell motor with moter.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm in the market for a new car and was considering a Toyota Camry or Corolla. (we already have a very faithful Corolla) After seeing this, I think I will check out the Civic, take it for a test ride.

join