It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projecting and Remote Viewing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Shorty and I were discussing Astral Projection and what you can do in Astral, and he seems to think I was talking about Remote Viewing.

To prevent further argument on the subject *coughshortycough* I wanted to get this cleard up and discuss the similarities/differences between the two.

Are Astral Projecting and Remote viewing one in the same, or two different things?

It's been my understanding that Astral Projecting was travelling to another "dimension", if you will, while Remote Viewing is, somewhat of a form of clairvoyance, kind of like that card trick where you pull a card and the other person "knows" which card it was.

So what's the deal here?

--Kit.

[edit on 22/11/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why start a public thread if you only want a response from Shorty, a u2 would have been more appropriate.

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to try to answer your question.

Remote Viewing and Astral Projection are very similar but slightly different, in that with Remote Viewing, you are never really leaving your body or sending your soul onto a different astral plane....instead with remote viewing, you are trying to see all those different dimensions and places while fully concious and using your perception to formulate accurate description of what you think your mind eye's is tapping into. It imo is a more focused and structured form of astral travel which uses ESP and clairvoyance to find targets.

Astral Projection on the other is a bit more complex and a little looser in structure in that sometimes you cannot control what you may see or experience. Clairvoyance and ESP do not play major roles in Astral Projection and it is a more spiritual process as you attempt to separate the soul from the physical body.

In layman's terms, basically Remote Viewing is planned trip, while Astral Projection is an unplanned one.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
thanks for your reply and i wasnt asking for shorty to reply, i was asking for others to reply so shorty and i can stop arguing about it

i thought you could willingly astral project?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Astral projection requires you to go to sleep, and lose consciousness of the physical body.

Remote viewing requires you to stay awake.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Remote viewing requires you to stay awake.

Not always. There are many different methods.

with Remote Viewing, you are never really leaving your body or sending your soul onto a different astral plane....instead with remote viewing, you are trying to see all those different dimensions and places while fully concious and using your perception to formulate accurate description of what you think your mind eye's is tapping into.

I agree that you never leave your body, but I'm not sure about the "sending your soul" part. The basic theory on why Remote Viewing is possible is that there is an infinite conciousness that exists across the whole part universe, like a web (or more technically, a grid.) The idea goes that your soul is actually separate and omnipresent, but you can tap into it and it conveys messages through your mind, but your mind likes to mess the signals up quite a lot and it doesn't come through as clearly. At least from what I can remember. I am a bit rusty on the specifics.

It is also worth noting that in Astral Projection, you can "actually" go to the thing you are looking at and see it with your own eyes right in front of you. An advanced APer can go to targets at will. Whereas RVers only see things in their mind and stay in one place.

In layman's terms, basically Remote Viewing is planned trip, while Astral Projection is an unplanned one.

Not the best wording. I would say the only "unplanned" Astral Projection is a spontanious out-of-body experience or a near-death experience. The rest of the majority is people who are conciously trying and planning to project.
I suppose Remote Viewing could be unplanned as well, but it would be much easier to disregard than an unplanned OOBE. Just think of all the times images or thoughts have popped into your head and you don't know where they're coming from...

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

new topics

top topics

join