It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

giant humanoid discovery claimed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i diver claims to have discovered a 200` long giant humanoid remains on the ocean floor off the philipines

claimants site

my uncany ` skeptic sense ` is going haywire at his site - all hyperbole , no evidence

but we shall see - i suspect that the sony viral meme campaign is goint to behind this

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He claims to have found a GIANT STATUE, not the remains of a giant being.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes, this is part of the viral marketing campaign for the game Shadow of the Colossus. The images on the site are the same images used on other sites about the underwater giant.

EDIT: And yeah, on this and other sites, they claim that it they had done tests on a portion of the thing and the tests showed that the sample contained bone, so they were attempting to say that these are the remains of a giant, rather than a statue.

Zip

[edit on 11/22/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
He claims to have found a GIANT STATUE, not the remains of a giant being.

if you read the update you will see that the lab analysis says it is organic and not stone (dna detected) - they suggest it may be a species of unknown giant eel but are going to run further tests so will be interesting to keep an eye on at least from the cryptozoological point of view

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
looks a lottt more like some type of giant serpent/eel..I wonder what the explanation of that huge fin is if it's believed to be a hominoid

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Since it's a hoax, I guess it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference...

Zip

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ANOTHER VIRAL COLOSSUS????

I TOLD YOU ALL WHAT I WOULD DO AND KNOW I'M DOING IT!!!

[runs to Sony and beheads their marketing team]

Thats for influencing millions of crypto fans and polluting our cumulative knowledge base.

Wig

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Whenever I see "giant found" it immediately brings "Sony Hoax" to my mind.

He he, funny that he gives his address in phillipines and phone number but the phone number is an Australian No. (+61)

The real dial code for Tacloban city Philipines is +63 (0)53

In Australia 041 is a mobile phone so it is possible it is an Australian mobile phone taken to Philipines.

I just phoned him, he says on answer phone,

"This is ......... dive the deep scuba please leave your message, if we don't get back to you in a few days we've probably been eaten by sharks."

Somehow I don't think he ever answers this phone. No I didn't leave a message.

The call cost me 0.0675 UK pounds i.e. 6.75 pence

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
that looks really photoshopped to me, the head pic is what does it for me.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Checked it out on my comp. My comp says it's Photoshopped. End of story for me...Cya

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
What' this "Sony hoax" all about?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Actually there is (was) a thread on this already. Sunken Giant ... Sadly this came up with the other Giants cases and was written of with the rest as part of the Sony marketing scheme.

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with Sony or their game. Compare the other two videos vs. this site. The quality is not comparable. And the Sulu Sea giant doesn't compare to any giants in the game.

I do believe that the guy says that he is who he is, but if he's telling the truth remains open for discussion. He did not reply to any of the emails sent to him. And no-one from any archeology department seems interested either.

Who knows, maybe sharks did eat him. Not funny, I know, but he started it.

Yossarian, just look at a couple of threads on the first page of the Cryptozoology forum. Any thread that has "Sony" or "Giant" in the title is most probably about Sony's viral marketing scheme for their game Shadow of the Colossus.

Wig

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A pointer that this is fake is that he doesn't give his address # on Burgos St I have found it is a very large street going up to at least 390.

No address that works, No phone that works, no email that works, No register of his business in philipines.

And you click his gallery most of the pictures here are useless pics

[edit on 24/11/2005 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So in other words he pulled it off of his camera in whatever format he had it in, converted it to a webfriendly format, OR whoever took the origional image from his site converted it for easy emailing and the like.

Because a photo has been run through photoshop DOES NOT mean that its a fake. Conversely just because a image doesn't have the photoshop marker on it doesn't mean its real either.

Do you not think that someone who knows how photoshop works, also does not know how to remove the mark? You think if someone was going to bother faking a photo of something that they would do that.. remove the photoshop mark that screams that the picture has been doctored?

I'm not specifically talking about THIS CASE, but I'm getting kind of tired of these armchair "investigators" writing things off just because of one piece of data that they can't inturpret properly from a piece of software that they don't know how to use all that well.

No offence dude.. but personally your analisys doesn't mean anything to me and I don't think it should mean anything to you either.

What would happen if I took a real high quality shot of bigfoot that was too large to store HERE on ATS so I'd HAVE to photoshop the thing to fit my disk quota properly at first... does that mean you are all just going to write it off because I had to reformat my shot?

That would suck.

-VMX

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its like the terribly faked monster film which supposedly shows a Scary Sea Monster washed up on a Philippians island after the tsunami.

The films pants not even an idiot would believe it to be real.

Wig -

Up The Irons

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Can't somebody, please, tell me how to get in touch with sony and give us their final word. Even though in the other thread there are various articles telling them that its fake, ww.giantology.net comments on it and everyone who contributed to that thread said it was, its still fooled people.

Come on IGNORANCE DENIERS face facts.
1) All four giants were 'discovered' at around similar times
2) All four pieces of evidence ('news footage', arkady's vid, plus the pic of the desert and water ones) all have a perfectly captured longshot.
3) Arkady Simkin, founder of the giant Taurus Major, went onto a radio show and told the world it was a viral scheme.
4) In the above perfect shots the giants are so CG its obvious.
5) Last but not least, they all are in the game

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
What would happen if I took a real high quality shot of bigfoot that was too large to store HERE on ATS so I'd HAVE to photoshop the thing to fit my disk quota properly at first... does that mean you are all just going to write it off because I had to reformat my shot?

Well first, no offence taken...I don't get pissed about other peoples opinions.
Second, I would deal with your bigfoot situation exactly the same way I did with this one. I emailed the guy and asked him to send me an un-edited original version of the picture. If it's real then you would have a copy of the original, right? Photoshop doesn't mean fake but it does mean more likely fake IMO. What I said was "end of story FOR ME" I didn't say "Hey guys, I'm 100% sure that this guy is a hoaxer!!!" and "You should all not give it any credit!" I just stated my opinion on the matter.
Also, I am pretty darn good with PS and Gimp and I can easily spot a fake with or without the imbedded adobe or ducky marks. I use PS, Gimp and MSPaint about four times a week for the passed couple of years. I know what I am doing. Not saying I'm the best but I am better than your average user.

Get back to ya when/IF I get a response from him.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Those pictures on the website are so vague, I can't really comment on them.

When I saw the pic of the head, the first thing that came to mind was Cthulhu Mythos. Not too sure why. I e-mailed this guy personally, and hopefully he'll reply. If he does I'll make sure to post what he said.

Wig

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Can someone post this sunken giant as it appears in the game?

new topics

top topics

join