It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This can only be good news for space enthusiast. Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX for short) is preparing to launch its privately financed and built rocket the Falcon One on its maiden voyage. This is encourageing news for me. Finally the private sector is taking the space sector seriously. Things pick up pretty quickly when there money to be had.

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
hope it goes well, the launch date has being delayed several times...but its looking good that in a few days they will be the owner of the cheapest rocket to put your sat in space.

While I like there Falcon 1 and hope it launches successfully, I'm more interested in their mamoth Falcon 9 launch vehicle.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah the Falcon 9 could revolutionize the commercial space launch industry. I mean entirely reusable. Makes ya wonder were NASA spends its money

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yeah I'm defiantly hoping that Elon Musk succeeds with his falcon1. I'm not sure if it’s the falcon9 but they intend on building the most powerful rocket engine ever built. Lets just hope the first step goes in the right direction. Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Woohoo, this should put South Africa on the map. Go Elon Musk!!!
Hope he remebers to send a south african to Mars

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah thats right he is from South Africa. I know he made his fortune(his first fortune I hope)as a dot com entrepreneur when he created paypal.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Makes ya wonder were NASA spends its money

NASA did the research, building, testing, crashing, more research, building etc. There would be no SpaceX without NASA.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well to a certain extent that is true especially in the early days. But now more and more it looks to me that NASA has just become a bureacracy just trying to justify its existence. NASA is a dinosaur, we need to start anew.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well it looks like it didn't get off the ground. Reports say that their were a number of problems.

space.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yep...but a postponment is a lot better then a rocket blowing up.

There shooting for a mid December launch now.

I hope all goes well.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I really hope all goes well for spaceX, it is definatly better to give it more time rather than taking risks and getting off to a bad start.

new topics

top topics

join