It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with VBA code in Access....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Alright one of my modules for college is Solutions Development, Ok for my second assignment I have to create a Student Record System type solution. Ok there is a part where each student has a photo on their record.

The problem I'm having is with adding a photo I got it so the Open Dialog appears and the user selects the photo they wish to add and the image then appears on the access form but I would like it so the photo saves itself in the same directory as the database is. This is the problem I can't work it out I have been trying for hours it isn't the same as VB as 'SavePicture(....)' isn't working. I just want to know what the VBA code is to save an image. Thanks in advance it might be confusing if it is just tell me I'll try and explain it a bit more.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am no expert, but perhaps these will help?

office.microsoft.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok this is a poor possible solution but could you not either embed the images in the actual database or otherwise bring up the save dialog aimed by default to the "\" folder (the folder where the database is located -> N.B not sure if that will bring up the root folder) and offer to save that way, storing the location upon save? Anyway why is this important out of interest, what difference does it make if the files are kept in other locations?

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infidellic
Anyway why is this important out of interest, what difference does it make if the files are kept in other locations?

This is being designed for an average user thats the point of the project to try and make a solution to a problem but make it so simple an average user could use it (i.e. Create the GUI). That is why I want the pictures to be in the same directory if files are all over the place then I know it will cause problems as this have been proven in the past. For example a past program got images from all over the place a user deleted one of the images from My Documents then it didn't work in the program and came to me wondering why it didn't work everyone knows what the average user is like a pain in the ass. So anyway my theory is if I store them all in one folder the user will know it has something to do with the program so will more then likely not delete it benefiting me in the long run.

Back to my problem I have it sorted thanks to the wonderful MSDN link makeitso gave me. I'm just using the OLE Objects in the table I've used Access for so long and never knew about this it is so simple instead of typing all that code out.

new topics

top topics

join