It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Troops Cross Rio Grand Take 3 Tons Of Pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Assuming these were military agents and not rebels/gangs/drugsmugglers in military dress... would this not be an act of war?

An actual military invasion to capture goods?

Unless prior consent was given that the guards were unaware of, I can't see this as anything else.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It could be considered a act of war easily. That said even if it was military/police there is a chance we knew about it. (at least higher up)

If our higher ups did know about it they would probably quietly say yes then tell no one. This gets the drugs out and doesnt cause a fuss by letting the public know we let someone else operate in our country.

That said I still believe it was more likely rivals stealing the goods back. There has been more then one case of drug trafficers and gangs using police and military uniforms in Mexico.

kix

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is way to much Pot in the USA especially in Washington...hence we took back some not to overfoold the market...remember NAFTA? We are not allowed of "dumping" to gain control of the HUGE market you got.

Cheers...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
hello i'd just like to add that all other things aside, by not securing our border we have given the terrorists a 2000 mile loophole in our homeland security. And with bush turning a blind eye to the immigration problem because of the benifits to the companies (who contribute to his political campaign)who hire these immigrants illegally and pay less than the federal minimum wage, we get things like this....
www.newsmax.com...

.. do you think this is a problem yet??!?!?!?

some interesting parts of the linked story....

"An al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was recently captured near the Mexican border,"

"Rep. Culberson said the detainee had been living in Mexico for up to a year, where the terrorist "was taking careful notes on the movement of people, police officers, wildlife, etc."

"that there are individuals from countries with known al-Qaida connections who are changing their Islamic surnames to Hispanic-sounding names and obtaining false Hispanic identities, learning to speak Spanish and pretending to be Hispanic immigrants."

"And these are clearly Arab terrorists," Rep. Culberson added, "from countries like Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. They're crossing the border, pretending to be Hispanic immigrants, and then disappearing."

This is huge news and VERY troubling! i thought it was the job of the government to protect its citizens?

As far as the thread topic goes, im willing to bet that it was just some armed drug smugglers swiping there goods back. But the fact that border patrol agents didnt put up a fight is kinda wierd but after all they are underfunded they probably only have flashlights and mace.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't think they were official Mexican soldiers. Most likely they were ex Mexican special forces soldiers, trained by American instructors called the Zetas.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I guess they wanted their pot back? What's wrong with that?

I want mine back, and I'll be damned if some foreigners get theirs back before I get mine.

I don't blaim them.

No one does, except the USBP if this is true.

I also don't blaim Mexicans for wanting to cross the border into land that was once theirs to begin with.

Was theirs. The people that occupy the duplex my dad once owned wouldn't be too happy if he just walked in. I mean, you can't blame him right, he once owned it.

I mean isn't every American an immigrant?

No, I am 5th generation American.

Didn't your ancestors take the land away from Indians and Mexicans to begin with?

No, again, we bought our home from a realtor.

Do white Americans really have a solid claim on these lands you call America?

That's stupid, when did this become a race issue. I really despise your kind. Can't we have a decent conversation without having to resort to 3rd grader tactics?

Americans living illegaly in Mexico...200,000

That Mexico problem and is only a tiny fraction of the 10 million Mexicans illegally living in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join