It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I believe. "Theranism"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Maybe its because I'm suffering from temporary-insomnia and its 3:57 AM, or maybe its because I have a cold and a throbbing headache from staying outside for too long, but after many hours of failed attempts at sleeping, I must say that reading the majority of this thread in the middle of the night has made me lose faith in humanity.

Iori, your "Theranism"... is quite... ahh forget it. This isn't worth getting banned over. Let me just ask you this Iori, how exactly did you come to your conclusions about the universe, God, souls, and all this other stuff you're speaking about? Because to me, it sounds like you picked up a big old book entitled "So You Want to Make a Religion" and used that as your starting point. Theranism is basically a hodgepodge of different religions which were stripped of any philosophy and sewn back together into a big ball of "What the @#$% is this?" I don't want to sound like a madman, so I'll stop here and hopefully get some sleep now, because I really really need it.

By the way, nice post Lucid Lunacy.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Let me just ask you this Iori, how exactly did you come to your conclusions about the universe, God, souls, and all this other stuff you're speaking about?

It all stems from my knowledge and personal beliefs.

Because to me, it sounds like you picked up a big old book entitled "So You Want to Make a Religion" and used that as your starting point.

I abhor religio, especially organized religion, I would therefore not
create a religion.

Theranism is basically a hodgepodge of different religions which were stripped of any philosophy and sewn back together into a big ball of "What the @#$% is this?"

And what religions would those be, because apart from Buddhism, which
I have been influenced by, and was at one point, I don't see the similarity
to any other religions.

And even with Buddhism the only similarites are enlightenment and
transcending the physical self.

<< 1   >>

join