It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I believe. "Theranism"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I decided the other night that I was going to right down, what I personally believe when it comes to death and existance and such.
And I thought it would be interesting to share it with everyone and see what you all think. And I figure this is the best place for it.
Anyways, this is basically what I believe.

THERANISM (Yeah, I gave it a name, quite some time ago actually.)

Basic Beliefs:

The universe has always existed, though not in the same form. And will always exist.

There is no deity, however it is possible for a sentient being to achieve deiship.

There is no heaven or hell, but there is existance after the death of the physical body.

When the physical body dies, the bioneural energy matrix, the "soul" leaves the body and continues existing on a higher plane of reality. If a person is revived or a copy of the persons mind is put into a new biological body, a sibling version of the "soul" is created, and when the physical body of that one dies, the "sibling soul" along with all the new memories and knowledge leaves the physical remains and merges with the original "soul".

Transcending:
Transcending is the term for ascension and transcension. All sentient life has the capability of transcending.

Ascension
Is when a sentient corporal being ascends the corporal/physical existence, and exists on a higher plane of existence, and also achieving deiship.

Transcension
The highest of all attainable existences and anything to transcend the universe, with the near infinite versions of ones soul merging into one, creating an Infis. An Infis does not simply exist, it can exist in all points of the Infiverse simultaneously, or exist in one spatial and temporal point within the Infiverse. An Infis has unlimited power, and can thusly do anything, regardless of any laws of physics.

Transcending
It is not easy to transcend to any level, and there is no guaranteed way to do so. However, an absolute requirement is that one must understand the universe.. It is a personal journey, and does not matter if a person is "good or bad" "moral or immoral", for those are only concepts.

GLOSSARY:

Deiship: Having the powers that are aributed to deities possesing, such as controling nature, and manipulating reality to a point.
Infiverse: A complex theorie thatI came up with awhile back, that I believe explains a great many things, basically the theorie is this.

The universe on the inside is infinetly large, the universe on the outside is a finite shape.
there are an infinent amount of universes , and an infinent amount being created for every temporal beginning point, inside the multiverse.
They are in an infenently large multiverse, which like the universe, is infenent on the inside, but on the outside has a finite shape.
It goes on to higher and higher 'verses to infinity, there is no stop to the higher 'verses.
All possible universes that come from all temporal beginning points already exist, and have always existed.

Well, thats basically what I persopnally believe.
I'm interested to know what other people think of it.

And you can say what you want, you could call it the true belief, or you could say I'm a blasphemous nutter, who's going to hell.
I'd like everyones opinions, and thoughts on it.

I.K

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
So... Eventually a being could come about which would be like god. If so, it would be able to create heaven or hell, although why would they?

I'm a blasphemous nutter, who's going to hell.

Or you could be enlightened.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It is a personal journey, and does not matter if a person is "good or bad" "moral or immoral", for those are only concepts.

So, what you are saying is that it does not matter if I rob a bank, and on the way out, I shoot your mom, and then go back to my house where your spouse is waiting for me with open arms, and I commit adultery with him/her.

If I was your best friend and I stole from you and secretly hated you behind your back and told lies about you.

Can you honestly tell me that wouldn't matter to you?????

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2

It is a personal journey, and does not matter if a person is "good or bad" "moral or immoral", for those are only concepts.

So, what you are saying is that it does not matter if I rob a bank, and on the way out, I shoot your mom, and then go back to my house where your spouse is waiting for me with open arms, and I commit adultery with him/her.

If I was your best friend and I stole from you and secretly hated you behind your back and told lies about you.

The only way this could matter to me is if I were utilizing the gifts Satan bestowed upon humanity. The capacity to pass judgment is what transpired and what was chosen that got us evicted from a perfect existance.

"Theranism"

I find the concept perfect. I find the concept flawed. I find the concept encouraging. I find the concept discouraging. I find the concept to be . .. . conceptual.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The only way this could matter to me is if I were utilizing the gifts Satan bestowed upon humanity.

GIFTS?? Don't you mean curses?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2

The only way this could matter to me is if I were utilizing the gifts Satan bestowed upon humanity.

GIFTS?? Don't you mean curses?

Who willfully accepts curses?
We made the choice to accept it under the pretense that it was a gift. It is only a curse when misused. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
iori_komei...
Obviously you are of the Alm sect?

I found this mention of theranism:

These are at the basics the aspects that make up Theranism:

Buddhism, Atheism, Transhumanism, Psionics and Quantum physics.

As well as this mention:

Through enlightenment, meditation, psionics and technology, the ultimate goal of becoming that of a deity can be acheived. and that all sentient life can achieve Deiship.

Official web-page of the Theran belief

Interesting.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

iori_komei...
Obviously you are of the Alm sect?

Well, yeah I suppose I am, I completely forgot I had even started that little site, Of course it is a bit out of date, since when I created it, I was just starting to put my beliefs together, and origonally, it was a kind of project as well, but there is no longer sects, just the one belief.
That site, really does not properly represent the belief sytem anymore, so, yeah just don't really consider it to be exactly valid anymore.

No, no, dont have one, and even if I did, no, and no.
Besides, it does not matter what I would think, the point is, you could be the most vile evil person in the universe, and still be able to transcend, evil and good are only concepts created by human-kind.

I find the concept perfect. I find the concept flawed. I find the concept encouraging. I find the concept discouraging. I find the concept to be . .. . conceptual.

Very...philosophical.

So... Eventually a being could come about which would be like god. If so, it would be able to create heaven or hell, although why would they?

Simle answer, yes. And I do not know what real reason a being that exists so high up would create either.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

No, no, dont have one, and even if I did, no, and no.
Besides, it does not matter what I would think, the point is, you could be the most vile evil person in the universe, and still be able to transcend, evil and good are only concepts created by human-kind.

The "concept" (or knowledge) of good and evil came from God Himself, not man.
Genesis 2:9
"And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, that is what christians believe I suppose, since its written in the bible, but, I personally do not believe that, I believe good and bad to be concepts created by man.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

THERANISM (Yeah, I gave it a name, quite some time ago actually.)

Why did you go with that name? I'm not familiar with the word, is it rooted in another language? Lutheranism is sometimes short-handed to theranism I think? Although I know your belief is probably not related =)

The universe has always existed, though not in the same form. And will always exist.

I believe this.

There is no deity, however it is possible for a sentient being to achieve deiship.

You mean there is no main deity? Or there wasn't a first deity? You say it's possible for a sentient being to attain deiship but there is no deity; so are you implying no sentient being has yet achieved deiship? Or do you mean the deiship one can attain is more like a demi-god in respect? I guess I am wanting further clarification on what you mean by deity and deiship, and does it differ from the transcension state or are the two synonymous?

There is no heaven or hell, but there is existance after the death of the physical body.

Perhaps in that afterlife (existance after the death) you go through an ascension process which has trials somewhat similar to the stories of heaven and hell.

When the physical body dies, the bioneural energy matrix, the "soul" leaves the body and continues existing on a higher plane of reality.

So at bodily death the soul leaves to a higher plane? Why not a lesser plane? How high? The highest? So you don't think the way a person shapes their mind/soul during corporeal life affects the ascension that takes place at bodily death? Do you believe in enlightment (or a similar idea) and if so do you believe the enlightened will raise to an even higher plane at death?

If a person is revived or a copy of the persons mind is put into a new biological body, a sibling version of the "soul" is created,

Does sibling in this context connotate something lesser or equal? Is the sibling soul a clone of the original soul?

and when the physical body of that one dies, the "sibling soul" along with all the new memories and knowledge leaves the physical remains and merges with the original "soul".

So you believe the sibling soul merges with the original soul (of the original sentient being) whence it came. You don't believe that original soul in actuality came from an even more original soul (a first soul...first deity if you will)? I believe in what you are saying about the sibling souls but I would personally take it a step further and say all souls eventually merge with the first/original source/soul. I believe this is the transcension you speak of...the highest plane of ascension.

All sentient life has the capability of transcending.

I believe this...but does all life have the ability to become sentient?

Ascension
Is when a sentient corporal being ascends the corporal/physical existence, and exists on a higher plane of existence, and also achieving deiship.

So you believe a corporeal being can ascend to a higher plane of existence...so essentially prior to bodily death? That's similar to enlightment and other similar ideas. Or do you mean this only takes place after bodily death...but then it would be incorporeal.

You say when you exist on a higher plane of existance you also achieve deiship. Is this attained on the highest plane?

Transcension:
The highest of all attainable existences and anything to transcend the universe,

Ahh so you believe you can transcend the universe itself. I infer you also mean at the highest level you transcend the multiverse? Do you transcend the infiverse? Or is existing in the infiverse synonymous with transcension?

with the near infinite versions of ones soul merging into one, creating an Infis.

So all the sibling souls merge with the original soul creating an Infis? So ultimately everything doesn't merge into one original source?...since I asume you mean there is more then one Infis? I guess I would ask if you think the Infis itself can ascend to the orginal Infis (god of gods) from whence it came (if you believe there was a first).

Is Infis synonymous with deiship and or the transcension plane?

Can you expand on what you mean by Infis. Do you mean an eternal being, or something else?

An Infis does not simply exist, it can exist in all points of the Infiverse simultaneously,

Thus it can exist even in all the lower realms of reality...the planes of existance it has long since ascended? Or can the Infis only exist as some all-powerful, eternal, incorporeal being within the highest level of existance? (it can but why would it?)

or exist in one spatial and temporal point within the Infiverse.

Perhaps some of the gods (besides the aliens =) ) in our mythos were Infis choosing to exist in a specific and temporal point on earth?

An Infis has unlimited power, and can thusly do anything, regardless of any laws of physics.

Even be corporeal? Destroy the Infiverse? Destroy other Infis(s)? I know it's silly to attribute such motives to a being that has transcended to this state but do you think it's possible nonetheless?

It is not easy to transcend to any level, and there is no guaranteed way to do so. However, an absolute requirement is that one must understand the universe.. It is a personal journey, and does not matter if a person is "good or bad" "moral or immoral", for those are only concepts.

Morals and ethics aside, what do you mean by a personal journey? Do you believe one can understand the universe personally (inner knowledge, gnosis), with the absence of external empiricism?

Deiship: Having the powers that are aributed to deities possesing, such as controling nature, and manipulating reality to a point.

By that definition some of mankind has already achieved deiship through scientific and technological advancement. Or do you mean by the power of mind alone?

The universe on the inside is infinetly large, the universe on the outside is a finite shape. There are an infinent amount of universes , and an infinent amount being created for every temporal beginning point, inside the multiverse. They are in an infenently large multiverse, which like the universe, is infenent on the inside, but on the outside has a finite shape.
It goes on to higher and higher 'verses to infinity, there is no stop to the higher 'verses.

So there is an infinite number of universes within the multiverse and an infinite number of multiverses within the infiverse? Are you ultimately, and simply, trying to say you believe in infinity?

[edit on 013131p://18u51 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow, quite alot of questions Lucid, I like that, inquisitiveness is good.
Sorry I was'nt more clear, but I was just giving a general explanation.

Glad someone has asked these questions though.
Well, I'll answer them as best I can.

Oh and by the way, Lucid, you've gotten one of my WATS votes.

Sorry for any spelling and/or grammatical mistakes that I may have (most likely) made.

Why did you go with that name? I'm not familiar with the word, is it rooted in another language? Lutheranism is sometimes short-handed to theranism I think? Although I know your belief is probably not related =)

To tell you the truth I don't really know, it just felt right.

You mean there is no main deity? Or there wasn't a first deity? You say it's possible for a sentient being to attain deiship but there is no deity; so are you implying no sentient being has yet achieved deiship? Or do you mean the deiship one can attain is more like a demi-god in respect? I guess I am wanting further clarification on what you mean by deity and deiship, and does it differ from the transcension state or are the two synonymous?

I mean there was no creator. I think that other sentient beings have achieved deiship. Yes it is different from transcension.
Deity, is just what I call "god(s)(ess[es]), deiship is when one has the powers attributed to gods, such as control over nature, bringing back the dead etc.

Perhaps in that afterlife (existance after the death) you go through an ascension process which has trials somewhat similar to the stories of heaven and hell.

I personally don't subscribe to that particular belief, but hey it could be.

So at bodily death the soul leaves to a higher plane? Why not a lesser plane? How high? The highest? So you don't think the way a person shapes their mind/soul during corporeal life affects the ascension that takes place at bodily death? Do you believe in enlightment (or a similar idea) and if so do you believe the enlightened will raise to an even higher plane at death?

Yes. Because that really would'nt make sense, I mean would you rather go somewhere free'er or more constricting? No, Ion't believe that anything one does in life influences whether they transcend/ascend or not. Yes I believe in enlightenment, but I believe that that effects the corporeal self more than the non-corporeal self.

Does sibling in this context connotate something lesser or equal? Is the sibling soul a clone of the original soul?

Not exactly, it's more like the there's an everchanging blueprint of the "soul", and the sibling soul is what is produced when a person is brought out of cryostasis, or a clone of them is made and there mind implanted in it.

So you believe the sibling soul merges with the original soul (of the original sentient being) whence it came. You don't believe that original soul in actuality came from an even more original soul (a first soul...first deity if you will)? I believe in what you are saying about the sibling souls but I would personally take it a step further and say all souls eventually merge with the first/original source/soul. I believe this is the transcension you speak of...the highest plane of ascension.

No, a B-N.E.M (Bio-Neural Energy Matrix) is a unique thing, just as everyone has unique and different minds that camerom themselves, as does everyone have a unique B-N.E.M that came from themselves.

but does all life have the ability to become sentient?

Personall I believe so, it is in my opinion that a fair amount of the species on Earth apart from us our indeed sentient.

So you believe a corporeal being can ascend to a higher plane of existence...so essentially prior to bodily death? That's similar to enlightment and other similar ideas. Or do you mean this only takes place after bodily death...but then it would be incorporeal.

Ascension takes place before death, it is higher than what happens normally to the B-N.E.M when one dies.

You say when you exist on a higher plane of existance you also achieve deiship. Is this attained on the highest plane?

No, deiship is more like ascending in StarGate, wh happens after death, is more like flying through the universe without a physical body, with a great amount more knowledge.

Ahh so you believe you can transcend the universe itself. I infer you also mean at the highest level you transcend the multiverse? Do you transcend the infiverse? Or is existing in the infiverse synonymous with transcension?

Yes, at the highest level one transcends the multiverse and infiverse itslef.

So all the sibling souls merge with the original soul creating an Infis? So ultimately everything doesn't merge into one original source?...since I asume you mean there is more then one Infis? I guess I would ask if you think the Infis itself can ascend to the orginal Infis (god of gods) from whence it came (if you believe there was a first).

Yes, there can/is more than one infis, all the souls from all the different versions of a person in the different universes merge together. There is no origonal Infis, it's more akin to a kind of evolution.

Is Infis synonymous with deiship and or the transcension plane?

No, ascension is like a lower evolutio than transcending, but an ascended being can transcend, like how homo erectus evolved into homo sapien.

Can you expand on what you mean by Infis. Do you mean an eternal being, or something else?

I don't quite know what you mean by eternal bewing, but an Infis is how christians see there god, accept that it came about naturally.

Thus it can exist even in all the lower realms of reality...the planes of existance it has long since ascended? Or can the Infis only exist as some all-powerful, eternal, incorporeal being within the highest level of existance? (it can but why would it?)

The plane of existance we live on is the lowest, the starting point if you will. An Infis can exist wherever, however and whenever it chooses.

Perhaps some of the gods (besides the aliens =) ) in our mythos were Infis choosing to exist in a specific and temporal point on earth?

That may very well be.

Even be corporeal? Destroy the Infiverse? Destroy other Infis(s)? I know it's silly to attribute such motives to a being that has transcended to this state but do you think it's possible nonetheless?

I really don't know, I've never thought about it, an Infis is so highly evolved and advanced, that it would never think of destroying on such a scale, atleast thats what I believe.

Morals and ethics aside, what do you mean by a personal journey? Do you believe one can understand the universe personally (inner knowledge, gnosis), with the absence of external empiricism?

I mean personal journey as in, there is no guide. I believe that a person (while corporeal) can indeed understand the universe.

By that definition some of mankind has already achieved deiship through scientific and technological advancement. Or do you mean by the power of mind alone?

The mind, yes.

So there is an infinite number of universes within the multiverse and an infinite number of multiverses within the infiverse? Are you ultimately, and simply, trying to say you believe in infinity?

Well, what I'm saying, is that there is so much that we will never understand at this level, and that's the best way I can explain it.

[edit on 1/18/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I agree with this to a point. I don't think the universe has always existed but I agree it is a good basis for a religion. I think the universe is an Atom, and I think it was once created by a higher up creation if you can understand. I also think it can be destroyed but if it does we would have no power over it and it would erase in a flash since it would be up the pyramid of atoms so to speak... most likely by an atom explosion up the pyramid of atoms.

When the physical body dies, the bioneural energy matrix, the "soul" leaves the body and continues existing on a higher plane of reality. If a person is revived or a copy of the persons mind is put into a new biological body, a sibling version of the "soul" is created, and when the physical body of that one dies, the "sibling soul" along with all the new memories and knowledge leaves the physical remains and merges with the original "soul".

OK, so you believe in reincarnation. I am going to disagree with you here on the idea that you can take a portion of you spirit and become another living being. I believe it takes you whole soul to reincarnate. The soul can not be parted for long. But I do believe in reincarnation, just against your idea that the soul can be split for that long.

ADD: and BTW, what just happened to your sig? You just changed it from an awesome looking farie to a cowboy in the amount of time it took me to type this post.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Coolaid]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

OK, so you believe in reincarnation. I am going to disagree with you here on the idea that you can take a portion of you spirit and become another living being. I believe it takes you whole soul to reincarnate. The soul can not be parted for long. But I do believe in reincarnation, just against your idea that the soul can be split for that long.

I don't believe in reincarnation, the "soul" does not go into a new body, it is freed from the physical body and exists on a higher level, that is what I mean.

ADD: and BTW, what just happened to your sig? You just changed it from an awesome looking farie to a cowboy in the amount of time it took me to type this post.

You mean my avatar, I got tired of the one I had, and technically it was'nt a faerie, itr was Lucifer, and the one I have now is of cowboys not a cowboy.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, well after further thinking, and scientific study, there's something I don't believe anymore.

Basically, the whole thing with the "Infis(s)", I don't believe anymore.

If you would like to know exactly where I stand, and what I still/do believe, please feel free to ask questions.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting. I believe that there are 2 seperate, but united aspects of the soul. One that exists eternally, and remembers all from previous lives, and another that is essentially reborn unto every new body. The Hindu's refer to these seperate aspects of the one as the Paramatman and Jivatman.

When one dies the two aspects conciously become one and form a greater Paramatman, which continues on to the next life. Eventually, when you get "it" you can go ahead and stop living in this corporeal existence.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I usted to beleive in God. I was a christian and i used to go to church and pray every night before i sleep.
BUT i had many hard experiences in my life that waked me up . So i questionned myself ; where is God in my life ? what is he doing for me? Is he really as nice as people say?

well my answer was No. He (if He exists) is not too good.....
Now i'm not a beleiver anymore...

I know it's not the subject of this thread but i just want to state what i was feeling as a beleiver and what i'm feeling now.

As a beleiver , everything is GOOD. i saw the good sides of worst bad things that happened. I haven't the fear of death (actually it is not the fear of death itself it's the fear of the time that is runing too fast without you being in control of it). So, as a belaiver in God and of course in the upper life...etc... i was in no fear of time . i was in no fear of having or not having children to keep a mark of me for few years.

Well now it isn't the same . Now i fear the time runing because when we think that everything will be over when we die , our will to live let us want to make something great that you can never die in the toughts of people or in books or whatever.
now every second lost i feel i'm waisting my time and that i'm too far from making my name last forverer
when i think about my relatives and friends that died, i feel that they are gone, they do not exist anymore... (when i was a beleiver i used to be "happy")

All i want to say is that religion is the opiate of humans...even if religions are not true , it's nice to have one just as a drog to have an easier life...

this is my comment at one cent!!! next time i'll

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree with you, in part, I would'nt say religion,
but belief in general is.

As I've said (atleast I think I did) I use to be a hardcore atheist, which subsequently got me into alot of different sciences and theories on how to avoid death and entropy, and because of that, it can be seen in Theranism, it's based on science.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Since I've recently had some time to actually devote thought and
energy to this, I've changed one minor thing, and thought of some
others, so here is what Theranism is.

There is no god, but there are powerful beings who have through
natural means become very powerful.

When you die, the Electric, Electro Magnetic and Psionic energy
fields coalesce to create the Bio-Neural Energy Matrix, which could
be considered to be the soul, your memories and consciousness
are imprinted on/into this, and you continue existing as a
non-corporeal entity.

There are no 'moral restrictions' as Theranism recognizes that mor-
ality is an artificial concept created and used to make people con-
form to the way the initial person though society should be.

Killing is frowned upon, since it disallows the killed individual to
experience life to the fullest.

However, if a person wants to die, than no one else has the right to
tell them they cannot, as total individual freedom is very important.

The three main suggestions for life are thus:

1. Live life to the fullest, experience as much as possible,
as you may never get the chance to experience things this way
again.

2. Gain as much knowledge as possible, try and learn new
things, even if they don't seem interesting at first.

3. Meditate at least once a day, if for nothing else but to give
yourself some time to relax, think and keep yourself stable.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have developed an ethical code that has stemmed from my beleifs
in Theranism, which I am actually more of ana gfnostic about anymore,
but still.

-Respect nature, do it as little harm as possible.

-Live an active life, not a lazy one.

-Help others; do not take advantage of them.

-Be honest and trustworthy; do not sacrifice ethics for profit.

-Work to better yourself and humanity as a whole.

-Live comfortably, not luxuriously.

-Respect others opinions, even if you disagree with them.

-Protect freedom; never sacrifice it.

-Life is precious, only (non-consentually) kill to protect (an)other[s].

-Learn and experience as much as possible.

-Do things in moderation, do not be gluttonous.

[edit on 4/1/2007 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join